British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Coventry Bees (wed 2nd July 2014)

So bees team tonight is :

Simon Lambert, Lasse Bjerre, Cameron Heeps, Kenneth Hansen, Chris Harris, Jason Garrity, James Sarjeant.

More NL team than even PL

What a hollow victory for Kings Lynn and gonna really effect averages and profit now for them.

As Hans commented though, when their own Danish riders are riding on a we'd, Kings Lynn ride on a thur. Why couldn't they have made this meeting a thur instead?

Coventry looked likely to be the first team to test their home record so guess can understand why they wouldn't change fixture.

Wow.... Don't go blaming this on Lynn. When the fixtures were originally arranged we tried to accommodate every factor. We have home meetings on several days to enable our riders to be present. I'm sure had Coventry been as vidulent as Buster and Rob this meeting could have been arranged some other time, Even a Sky night Monday could have happened. I believe this wasn't a big problem for the Bees until they signed MJJ. then it meant 2 of their riders were missing. If the truth be known, it was only then, the problem became apparent......

Wow, where do you start with that load of nonsense mdmc82. Firstly Poole and Swindon have already given our home record a thorough examination. Secondly why would we be worried about possibly dropping points when we are clear at the top of the table. And thirdly why would Buster run this tonight in front of what will now be a shyte crowd if another date could be found?

The situation is a joke but the fact is the fixture should never have been arranged in the first place for today. I appreciate it must be a minefield arranging fixtures with so many riders' commitments but fixture planning this year has been absolute gash. IMO its time to either race on one or two nights a week or for the league to only use riders who are fully committed and will only ever be absent due to injury.

Fully agree, after reading Hans rant I take back what I posted regarding him and MJJ. These last few weeks have made me think that squads have to be the way to go if the EL wants to continue with multiple race days. Blame firmly lies with the Bees promotion on this even though they have done their best to rearrange. Lets hope this doesnt happen for the rest of the season as it promised to be a brilliant meeting.

• Like 3

This farce could be sorted to a certain extent even at this late hour if proper guests could be drafted in and then carry on this rule til the end of the season, it makes sense for the fans' sake? I know it is wrong but is it right for the promoters to be asking the fans to pay out good money for potentially such a one sided meeting either?

Edited by Trees
  • Like 3

The answers simple.. Coventry fans Don`t go to the meeting save some money !!! and give the next home meeting a miss as well

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

This farce could be sorted to a certain extent even at this late hour if proper guests could be drafted in and then carry on this rule til the end of the season, it makes sense for the fans' sake? I know it is wrong but is it right for the promoters to be asking the fans to pay out good money for potentially such a one sided meeting either?

It's also wrong to expect a promoter to put on a meeting knowing it will lose money ???? Whichever way you look at it, they're no winners.........

Horton is fast getting a reputation of not being able to direct P155 into a bucket. Lets not forget his efforts with the Elite League Riders.

• Like 2

Whilst I am sure Buster and Rob do not wish to make any controversial comments about the situation it would be good to have some comment from them.

The blame points to Horton as he knew about this fixture at start of season.

Hans and MJJ have done nothing wrong

The annoying thing is if it was just Hans missing it would not have been so bad, could have fiddled R/R in his place*. With 2 riders missing though it's pointless doing it.

*Get the "guest" to get injured in his first ride, pull out. As the "guest" assumed the status of the rider he is replacing you get emergency R/R for the missing rider.

The annoying thing is if it was just Hans missing it would not have been so bad, could have fiddled R/R in his place*. With 2 riders missing though it's pointless doing it.

*Get the "guest" to get injured in his first ride, pull out. As the "guest" assumed the status of the rider he is replacing you get emergency R/R for the missing rider.

Are you Matt Ford?

The answers simple.. Coventry fans Don`t go to the meeting save some money !!! and give the next home meeting a miss as well

I think your first point is a good one and that's the one that would get it home that this sort of contest should be avoided.

Not convinced your second point is so good as I still remember Oxford playing that game.

OK so my cup is half full, can the Stars manage a whitewash, that's the challenge tonight ;-)

OK so my cup is half full, can the Stars manage a whitewash, that's the challenge tonight ;-)

not quite - Team Lewis in heat 15 as they've both gone through the card but only manage a 4-2 against Coventry's inform GP star who finishes second in the race as he passes Lewis R on the run to the line when his bike packs in coming off turn 4.... :o

• Like 2

So the home promoter is being implored to call the meeting off because attendance will be down and his business would be affected!!?

Hello, is that Matt Ford? You know all the stick you took last year for calling off one of the Lakeside meetings...................?? :rofl::shock:

What a great idea. Encourage fans not to go to home meetings.

Has nobody learned from what has happened at Birmingham? :shock:

• Like 2