British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marcelle

Sheffield V Rye House 02/07

Some excellent stuff tonight. All the Rockets impressed at some point and made it a good meeting.

Kennett was always in the mix and I was shocked he only got 5

Bowen - one very impressive outing

Treasrrieu - very impressed with him - would love to see him as a Tiger at some point

Garrity - nice and solid, rode pretty well

Boxall - a bit like Bowen - one good outing but not so good for the rest

Bunyan - a sensational blast to beat Steady but cocked up his tactical ride

Nielsen - unlucky not to score, big crash when second to Josh Bates

Thanks for a good meeting (and the points!!)

A poor show by Edward Kennett and Taylor Poole deciding not to clear the track with the Rockets on a 5-1 cost us a point at least. Made Sheffield look a decent outfit which is something we seem to be doing to a few sides this year. Only Tres, Jason Bunyan and to a lesser extent Jason Garrity can come out of the meeting with any credit.

Stefan Nielsen showing us just why he's out injured so often with a crazy dive inside Josh Bates which could've been very nasty.

A ridiculously torturous journey up arriving 5 minutes before heat one due to heavy traffic and road works, then various lane closures on the journey home made it a night to forget.

What on earth happened to our new "inspirational" captain?

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

ive read them, the ruling is still a joke,and still think it has been abused for what it was first introduced for, how do we explain the ruling to a newcomer to the sport. :oops::oops:

What newcomers?

Another expected result, something has to change and soon.

Why was Proctor not given heat 15?

Presume because he was on a paid max and that makes a good headline (says the cynical side of me). Poole deserved the ride and I suppose Steady is Steady and so will always be out in heat 15

Presume because he was on a paid max and that makes a good headline (says the cynical side of me).

An extra couple of points courtesy of Taylor Poole being "unable" to clear the track in time Edited by Shadders

Different captain, but the results are getting worse, didn't Rye win at Sheffield with Bunyan as Captain, totally wasted around the small Rye House track, he's always looked at home on the big fast Owlerton track.

• Like 1

Tigers fully deserved the points and I always felt they were in control, shame about Poole staying down and imo only a matter of time before referee's start fining riders who deliberatly do this.

Some good racing and Bunyans pass of Stead was a beaut, one downside was the size of crowd, looked very poor?

Kennett, tried hard and probably deserved a few more than what he ended up with but for a rider of his experience and ability he should be banging in high double scores for fun, as forbeing an inspirational skipper, well.....also Rockets are looking at the wooden spoon, being loyal to riders like Bowen and Boxall have certainly added to the fact they lack any real intent on winning anything this season

Pleasing meeting to watch last night by the fact that all riders bar Andre Compton started to look far more comfortable on the track, and the Rye team were very competitive.

Nice to see my old mate Shadders once again and he took away a bottle of Henderson's Relish the taste of Sheffield.

The pleasing thing about last night was the fact that the team did not fold when Steady dropped some uncharacteristic points which is what seems to happen this season.

Another pleasing factor last night was Ty Proctor who not only started to score points that we expected of him, but it was the way he won those points, some spectacular, entertainment wise he was box office last night (Proper Speedway)

One of the talking points was the Taylor Poole incident and not clearing the track, not going to make excuses but I don't think it is just a Sheffield/ Taylor Poole problem lots of riders/ clubs do it to take an advantage and the authorities should really look at it , few suggestions come through last night, give the referee's the power to do; .

(1) Shoot the falling rider at dawn the following day (A very irate Shadders)

(2) Award the team the other team penalty points (Me)

(3) Make the offending teams remaining rider go off 15 metres for the re run (A more rational and calmer Shadders).

But overall very pleased with generally with what I saw from the Sheffield team last night.

Tigers fully deserved the points and I always felt they were in control, shame about Poole staying down and imo only a matter of time before referee's start fining riders who deliberatly do this.

Some good racing and Bunyans pass of Stead was a beaut, one downside was the size of crowd, looked very poor?

Kennett, tried hard and probably deserved a few more than what he ended up with but for a rider of his experience and ability he should be banging in high double scores for fun, as forbeing an inspirational skipper, well.....also Rockets are looking at the wooden spoon, being loyal to riders like Bowen and Boxall have certainly added to the fact they lack any real intent on winning anything this season

Max Fricke was fined at Edinburgh very recently for not getting up quickly enough. Apparently refs don't generally announce the fines to avoid fans doing a whip round.

Maybe Kennett was dispirited by not getting a TeamGB call up?

Eddie or Edward as he likes to be called has never been prolific or comfortable around Sheffield, even when he has been on form.

I think that we saw last night a rider who is still trying to get his confidence back.

• Like 1

Stefan Nielsen showing us just why he's out injured so often with a crazy dive inside Josh Bates which could've been very nasty.

Interesting to hear that Shadders,as a rookie when with the Saints he was always really calm,as in when speaking to him in person but seems to get a red mist every now and then and a few have mentioned it

I hope he can learn to stay on bike because hes is a tidy little rider on his day

Glasgows Theo Pijper fined £100 a couple of weeks ago for doing just that

so did Poole receive a fine last night?....

deserved one, I thought the ref could award the heat in those circumstances, or is that just wishful thinking on my part