British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Plymouth Devils 6th July 2014 Pl 6.30pm

We're now up to three crashes and three riders withdrawn. There was someone on here after similar mayhem last week saying he keeps a tally and Newcastle have had three times as many f/xs as any other track. As I don't keep a tally I can't confirm or deny but it does seem that way.

think it was around 48 crashes in the 13 meetings they have had at home was the stat someone put on facebook last week.

It really p#### me off when people like you blame the track when you haven't got a clue what your talking about,maybe if the riders learnt to ride the track they wouldn't have so many problems, everyone knows it's a technical track and if someone with as much class as Ivan major can say if you can learn to ride brough you can ride anywhere,how many world champions or grand prix riders has your local track produced ???? Maybe if you ask the riders first you might get a better answer instead of posting drivel

• Like 2

So is the track the same as when Ivan rode it?

I remember seeing him there in the early sixties.

When did he last ride it?

Someone needs to tell some of these riders that you have to turn left at Newcastle rather than lean slightly with the throttle full on.

They are all brave lads but some of them are also a bit stupid.

Edited by Chewbacca

But why so many crashes??

maybe because some people don't, or won't listen, their not on the X-box now,,,

Someone needs to tell some of these riders that you have to turn left at Newcastle rather than lean slightly with the throttle full on.

They are all brave lads but some of them are also a bit stupid.

it's been said for years,,, but who knows best ???

well done Plymouth,,, up against it from the off, but carried on :-)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

Don't say that... They don't appreciate such comments :lol:

Not the only Newky fan to have suspicions about that second bend. Away supporters only see one or two meetings here, but a good few of us 'expect' to see slide-offs, falls or full on crashes in that vicinity. A minor miracle tonight when the three heat 10 fallers managed to limp back to the pits on their own steam with Kyle later withdrawn as had both Ben and Rasmus been previously as a result of crashes in that same location. There is a school of thought down here that with the intro of the air fence, riders {from both teams} are more prepared to throw themselves down our quite short starting straight often resulting in less than perfect bike control as they enter bend two.

Track did look difficult to me tonight. Riders seemed to be picking up unwanted drive coming out of the second bend which seemed to play a part in a couple of the crashes although not the first one which led to Barker and Jensen both eventually withdrawing. That was caused by Jensen perhaps going in a little tight and basically just colliding with Barker.

In my opinion the main reason there are so many crashes is the shape of the track rather than the surface although obviously if there are problems with the surface it worsens the problem. It has long and very narrow straights but very tight bends. Week after week I see visiting riders, particularly those who are either inexperienced or haven't ridden the track before going into the bends too tight and with too much speed. That happened a few times tonight and could have led to other crashes. I have long since thought that bringing in the whole track by a couple of metres would transform it but who knows whether that's possible or the costs involved.

As it was it was a dreadful meeting tonight for obvious reasons and not a good advert for speedway. At least Pepe had a coupe of good rides and fair play to the reserves who kept plugging away.

Edited by NJC71

Apart from Robbos slide off the rest of the crashes were all tight first corner coming out of the second corner crashes . your always going to have more crashes at The tighter Newcastle track . Seems like some of the opposing riders have not seen as much dirt on a speedway track and can't handle it. Track was smooth not like Eastboure on Sky the other night bikes bouncing all over the place .

• Like 1

I'm finding it interesting to see people picking up on the 2nd bend again.. (What I commented on a few weeks ago)... That was my main area of concern for both teams when Berwick were there and always seems to have caused a problem when I visited there as a neutral!

if bend two is the cause of so much concern,,, how has it not filtered through to the guys that are actually riding the track ???

If the tracks that bad why over the years do guest riders keep coming back for more and do well.. Aaron Summers, Jason Lyons, Aaron Fox, Stefan Nielsen, Craig Cook David Howe just to name a few