British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Plymouth Devils 6th July 2014 Pl 6.30pm

If the tracks that bad why over the years do guest riders keep coming back for more and do well.. Aaron Summers, Jason Lyons, Aaron Fox, Stefan Nielsen, Craig Cook David Howe just to name a few

'Danger Money',,, clearly the case with Aaron Summers, (unless he secretly wants to be a Diamond) ;-)

• Like 1

If it is Simon Nielsen then he's riding with more confidence again, looking to take the outside line a little more often and enjoying some success from it. He's a trier and finds failure difficult to accept as I understand it.

Spot on comment!

Simon takes failure very hard indeed but his confidence is growing after last years very nasty accident.

I bet you Newcastle fans can't believe a sheffield rider can score like that at Brough Park ;-)

I can understand why bandits supporters are bitter. They haven't won anything in years. Yes they may be crashes at brough, but there's crashes at every track. And when people are saying the second bend is a worry, have they ever ridding brough? In fact have they ever rode a speedway bike. Truly baffled at someone pole. It's always the ones that support a two bob club who seem to moan.

• Like 1

I can understand why bandits supporters are bitter. They haven't won anything in years. Yes they may be crashes at brough, but there's crashes at every track. And when people are saying the second bend is a worry, have they ever ridding brough? In fact have they ever rode a speedway bike. Truly baffled at someone pole. It's always the ones that support a two bob club who seem to moan.

Why do they need to have won anything to comment on the state of the track? Is that a general requirement these days? Can we let the fact they won the 4's about 3 years count on this occasion? Brough has been mainly awful on the 5 occasions I have been there this season, both from an entertainment point of view and also safety, bend 2 has been shocking.

Spot on comment!

Simon takes failure very hard indeed but his confidence is growing after last years very nasty accident.

I bet you Newcastle fans can't believe a sheffield rider can score like that at Brough Park ;-)

Welcome any time he rides like tonight- even in Sheffield colours.

• Like 1

Why do they need to have won anything to comment on the state of the track? Is that a general requirement these days? Can we let the fact they won the 4's about 3 years count on this occasion? Brough has been mainly awful on the 5 occasions I have been there this season, both from an entertainment point of view and also safety, bend 2 has been shocking.

don't go then?

don't go then?

I dont very often. You shutup very quickly about Berwick fans commenting on the state of brough, why was that?

• Like 1

It was a great shame that the Meeting tonight was marred by so many injuries. In all my years of attending Speedway - I cannot remember THREE Riders being withdrawn from a Meeting. I am sure that had there not been so many injuries the result would have been closer.

I saw what I consider the best Race I have seen this Season between Ben Barker and Stuart Robson (and that after Barker was injured) Barker won a thrilling contest. He had two wins from two Rides before he had to withdraw. I am sure he would have recorded a Maximum. I sincerely hope that he, and his colleagues are soon healed and ready to get back to Racing.

A great deal of credit is due to the rest of the 'Devils' Team and their Manager - they tried very hard to make a go of it.

Last - but not least - a very BIG thank you to our good friends from Plymouth who are a REAL credit to Plymouth Speedway. Personally, as usual, I enjoyed their company hugely - not just that - but I enjoyed a real taste of Devon too in the form of Devon Cream, Scones and Jam.

I would like to thank them so much - they certainly livened up a Meeting that was, sadly, not as good for them as it might have been. They did not lose their cheerfulness or their good humour. TRUE Speedway Supporters!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!

• Like 2

I dont very often. You shutup very quickly about Berwick fans commenting on the state of brough, why was that?

I just find pests (like yourself) who comment on newcastle track every week very annoying. Considering its a "newcastle -Plymouth thread" what was brough like when you last rode it?

I just find pests (like yourself) who comment on newcastle track every week very annoying. Considering its a "newcastle -Plymouth thread" what was brough like when you last rode it?

I certainly do not comment on Brough every week so your immediately wrong there. And I have never rode a speedway bike nor would I want to, but that does not mean I'm not entitled to an opinion on something I as a fan pay good money to watch.

I certainly do not comment on Brough every week so your immediately wrong there. And I have never rode a speedway bike nor would I want to, but that does not mean I'm not entitled to an opinion on something I as a fan pay good money to watch.

Were you there tonight?

don't go then?

After Berwick's visit in a couple of weeks (confirmed tonight by the way that Berwick are there on 20th July), I won't be visiting Rough Park again this season or for any other matches unless Berwick are there.

Tonight was the final straw and I refuse to pay £15 to go and watch that carnage after Berwick have been in a fortnight. The crash in heat 1 from Jensen and Barker, was caused by the track, as was heat 2 when Simota came off, as was heat 10 when Mills lifted and took Newman and King down with him as well. All crashes were caused on exactly the same part of the track tonight. So come on then what's the excuses then? Was it the weather :rofl: ? I'm sure they will be some excuse as per usual and to be honest I am sick and tired of the excuses. And before anyone states I'm not on this 'anti Newcastle' trail again, as I know some cracking people that support the Diamonds who are a pleasure to speak with.

At the end of the day, it's got nothing to do with the fans, nothing to do with the promotion. I just don't feel it is worth £15 to watch that.

That was not worth £15 tonight, so I will go and spend it elsewhere.

Newcastle have had 14 home matches this season and 39 times a rider has fallen off and been excluded.

• Like 1

Newcastle have had 14 home matches this season and 39 times a rider has fallen off and been excluded.

Thats 210 heats of speedway or a rider excluded every 5.38 races... Less than 3 a meeting.. Not too bad eh :-)

Thats 210 heats of speedway or a rider excluded every 5.38 races... Less than 3 a meeting.. Not too bad eh :-)

WOW!!!

I'm impressed. :t::approve: :approve: