British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Plymouth Devils 6th July 2014 Pl 6.30pm

I haven’t said I am. :unsure:

Having reread the last few Posts - I apologise - I got that wrong.

It just winds me up that people are so determined to have a go at the Newcastle Track. It has been loads better over the last few years. The Track usually supplies some good racing.

One thing you cannot control is the Weather. The Brough Park Track has had to take loads of water from storms over the last few weeks - neither the Track Curator, nor the Promotion can be held responsible for that.

• Like 1

Having reread the last few Posts - I apologise - I got that wrong.

It just winds me up that people are so determined to have a go at the Newcastle Track. It has been loads better over the last few years. The Track usually supplies some good racing.

One thing you cannot control is the Weather. The Brough Park Track has had to take loads of water from storms over the last few weeks - neither the Track Curator, nor the Promotion can be held responsible for that.

And nor can Berwick, Berwick fans, or the Berwick track.

The Newcastle track had improved in recent years, for a pretty sustainable period actually and so much so that (like Berwick) it had changed the general narrative that was written before a wheal was turned. I hope that, whatever the problems are, they can get them sorted.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 2

Hahaha :)

How come as soon as we win something, everyone else complains? :sad:

Is it not the fact we have 2 GB internationals, the best captain in the league, a lightening swede, a good number 2 and an experienced reserve pairing (If Schramm ever comes back :( ) They can ride the track fine, so why can't anyone else? (Supposedly)

How about because they are neutrals who go and hope to be entertained? Instead of gate and stay on your bike rubbish that I witnessed on Sunday. Now, I'm not saying for one minute Berwick is perfect, cos it's not.

I think you will find the relevance is because one of the complainers is from Berwick and stands with him. He jokes about our reference to the weather, but it was the same weather that has caused major probs for their FIM track with heavy rain and their use of sheets at FIM approved events. If it affects them, how can it not effect us and our track.

Bit of a difference. For the FIM meeting it rained all afternoon and evening so nothing you can about it. As for Sunday (for Newcastle), for a start it only properly rained on the Friday. Saturday was a glorious day and Sunday was a decent day weather wise. So I wouldn't try comparing the 2? But then again to be fair I understand Newcastle can only get access to the track on race day? Is this something that could be changed?

Oh Dear.

Nobody has said or insisted that they can't have an opinion on the matter, Right.

Similarly, others are equally entitled to comment on another's opinion. It's a discussion forum FFS.

Or in your case, everyone else's opinion is incorrect, if it is in relation to the track at Newcastle. Only yours is right and no one else's and anyone that dare criticises Brough Park is wrong.

Then you are hardly giving an informed opinion are you? You are taking advice from others who may, or may not have an axe to grind.

Oh dear :neutral: . I think you will find he is entitled to an opinion. It is a public forum after all.

Bit of a difference. For the FIM meeting it rained all afternoon and evening so nothing you can about it. As for Sunday (for Newcastle), for a start it only properly rained on the Friday. Saturday was a glorious day and Sunday was a decent day weather wise. So I wouldn't try comparing the 2? But then again to be fair I understand Newcastle can only get access to the track on race day? Is this something that could be changed?

Rubbish. In rained heavy through the night on Thursday, and Friday just topped it up. Can you not comprehend what 7 and half bowsers full of water, looks like. I've seen the photos from when it was on the track.

Or in your case, everyone else's opinion is incorrect, if it is in relation to the track at Newcastle. Only yours is right and no one else's and anyone that dare criticises Brough Park is wrong.

Grow up. My contribution is usually information rather than obsession or opinion like in your case. Read what I have written

Oh dear :neutral: . I think you will find he is entitled to an opinion. It is a public forum after all.

Yes, and that goes for ME as well.

Edited by Tsunami

Perhaps if the lads got well and truly drunk before preparing the track that would work.

I think we already had enough fluids. :P

Actually there was still standing water on the track on Sunday at 1.30pm, but according to Matty we only had a bit of rain on Friday afternoon. :party:

Newcastle's track has changed this season. Heat wins are generally a second slower than they were in 2013 but watching riders who know how to ride the track it appears we have a faster outside line ie it's grippy out wide. I am not a trackman too lazy to volunteer for that hah!... so I haven't a great deal of knowledge how to prepare track surfaces, but in my humble opinion the track now has lots of grip and I guess this causes problems for some riders if they go out wide. But just watch Lightnin' Ludvig he rides the outside so well. The sport is supposed to be speedway and if a rider cannot cope with the outside grip on our track maybe they should stick to the inside line. Easy for me to say as I am not out there risking MY neck but really the choice is with each rider. Stay safe on the inside and get passed by the likes of Ludde or learn the way to blast around out by the fence.

I really don't know if the track has become dangerous and I hate to see the docs and ambulance on the track so if it is the track maybe it can be changed. It would be interesting to hear the views of some riders

Perhaps if the lads got well and truly drunk before preparing the track that would work.

Not paying the prices in the Brough bar though. It would take a bank loan to get pi....d in there.

• Like 1

Not paying the prices in the Brough bar though. It would take a bank loan to get pi....d in there.

and the rest,,, they just serve 'holiday camp' lager don't they ???,,, :-)

and the rest,,, they just serve 'holiday camp' lager don't they ???,,, :-)

Are you sure that's not 'Lightening' Lager rd? :o;):rofl: :rofl:

Are you sure that's not 'Lightening' Lager rd? :o;):rofl: :rofl:

they should,,, you could advertise it 'The White - Lightning Knight',,, is'nt it a cider, that one (made from vinegar tho),,, errhhh :-)

• Like 1

Meanwhile - back on thread - pleased to see Kyle Newman banging in a Paid Max last night, after his fall on Sunday.

• Like 2

He did, and it's great to see him fit again after his fall, but his maximum was gained through facing Belle Vue's three weakest riders only, who you would expect him to beat on his home circuit every time. The new EL format has thrown up some scores which are either not as good or as bad as they first appear.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

He did, and it's great to see him fit again after his fall, but his maximum was gained through facing Belle Vue's three weakest riders only, who you would expect him to beat on good home circuit every time. The new EL format has thrown up some scores which are either not as good or as bad as they first appear.

I agree. The likes of the three Lewis's, Kyle, Steve W, Charles W, etc, are competing in a mini league amongst themselves, and in many case can swing meetings their way, more so than the other mini league going on with the better riders.

Edited by Tsunami