British Speedway Forum
Crump99

Panthers V Rye House (pl) Tues 8/7/14

That's a great shout, thanks. Does that work when leaving the EOES to head south on the A1?

Come out of the Showground and turn left , then almost immediately turn right to the A1 south.

That's a great shout, thanks. Does that work when leaving the EOES to head south on the A1?

Yes, its only a minute or so to join the A1 from the Showground entrance. I always go that way, its much quicker...

• Like 1

Yes it does Shadders......

Coming in, when you take that turning, its literally 20 yards after the petrol station, and will bring you in where the Harvester Pub is near the EOES.

Going out, turn left on the roundabout where the Harvester is, then you want to take the first right, through the little village on the right hand side, alwalton, you will the Cuckoo pub (very nice food, better than harvester) on the right hand side, head down to the bottom of the road and you join STRAIGHT onto the A1 :)

Picture below to make more sense of it :)

https://plus.google.com/108621784892536865185/photos?hl=en

just remember this charity run is on, so could be a bit busier :)

Thanks both. I'll give it a go

Yes it does Shadders......

Coming in, when you take that turning, its literally 20 yards after the petrol station, and will bring you in where the Harvester Pub is near the EOES.

Going out, turn left on the roundabout where the Harvester is, then you want to take the first right, through the little village on the right hand side, alwalton, you will the Cuckoo pub (very nice food, better than harvester) on the right hand side, head down to the bottom of the road and you join STRAIGHT onto the A1 :)

Picture below to make more sense of it :)

https://plus.google.com/108621784892536865185/photos?hl=en

just remember this charity run is on, so could be a bit busier :)

That's funny. We were going to get there early and eat at the Harvester, but we'll check that pub out first. Cheers!
  • Like 1

That's funny. We were going to get there early and eat at the Harvester, but we'll check that pub out first. Cheers!

Both nice pubs but the Cuckoo is a fair bit pricier than the Harvester

No worries at all, website for the menu is attached.

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thecuckooalwalton/

Both nice pubs but the Cuckoo is a fair bit pricier than the Harvester

I like the finer things obviously :lol: but I don't think you can compare the food IMO.

Yes works same way going out. It virtually only a couple of minutes from the A1. Was planning this one, but with a combination of weather and a lousy promotion, team manager and team I'll probably not bother.....

Just left Hoddesdon where it's hammering down!!

BBC weather now saying possible showers till 1800 then clearing up from then on, so fingers crossed the flash flooding keeps away!

Sorry to here about Jason G's food poisoning, which stops him from racing for Rye tonight.

But look on the bright side, he'll be ok again at about 9.30pm tonight.

Me cynical !!! I don't know what you mean.

• Like 2

I'm close to the EoES (Ferry Meadows) ... Heavy rain at the mo , grey sky everywhere, looks set in - but you never know with our poxy weather, it could brighten up in an hour or so. Fingers crossed - but it's not looking good right now

Update: rain almost stopped now, and a tiny hint of getting brighter. The rain we've had just now shouldn't - surely? - be bad enough to make the track unfit. Let's hope not!

I'm close to the EoES (Ferry Meadows) ... Heavy rain at the mo , grey sky everywhere, looks set in - but you never know with our poxy weather, it could brighten up in an hour or so. Fingers crossed - but it's not looking good right now

Must be very localised, cos we're in the Harvester next to the EOES where there's no rain at all (yet!!)

That's good to hear - maybe it's blowing the other way (?).

Btw I'm only 1/2 mile from Showground entrance - funny old weather!

• Like 1