British Speedway Forum
Crump99

Panthers V Rye House (pl) Tues 8/7/14

Thanks to the Panthers Fans who posted the short cuts from the A1. We used them both ways and so easy. Been coming up for the BMF Show for several years but our first time for Speedway was in March for the Rockets visit. Shame about the rain off tonight, we arrived at 1850hrs were admitted, bought our excellent Fish and Chips and had just sat down to enjoy them when the announcement was made. As a venue the Showground makes Rye House look a bit shabby and I am surprised at the lack of local support especially as it's only a Tenner for Old Gits like to get in. Wish I lived nearer.

• Like 2

The promotion held the gates closed until the referee declared the meeting would go ahead. As soon as the referee postponed the meeting the gates were closed.

Peterborough are bringing in three Danes, a Czech and a Polish based rider. A call- off at that time incurs pretty much all the fixed costs except the riders pay, and mileage for both sides.

You honestly think we postponed willingly or hastily?

I understand for you Chris, and maybe others, this is an opportunity to have a dig at Mick, but I suggest you bear in mind that neither Mick nor I are Promoters at Peterborough and have no influence over decisions such as tonight's, although had the meeting been at Coventry the timeline would have been exactly the same.

The call-off tonight has cost a great deal of money, hard work and aggravation - like you all I'm a speedway fan and expected to be watching a cracking meeting in balmy weather, not to be at home typing this and worrying about when the meeting can be restaged.

I repeat, if any of you think this meeting was called of with pre-meditation you are 100% wrong. Feel free to contact me off-list should you wish to do so - info@peterboroughpanthers.co

did you refund the fans then?? Because you don't seem to mention them in your post?... Just the pity that it is for the panthers?... After all they the fans are the most important aspect of any club surely?

Re the post about the fast track riders in the Elite League. It was put forward,so I believe, it would fast track riders would go into the Premier League, but the PL promotes chucked it out and the EL took on the mantle.

• Like 1

did you refund the fans then?? Because you don't seem to mention them in your post?... Just the pity that it is for the panthers?... After all they the fans are the most important aspect of any club surely?

unless my memory is paying tricks, the last time this happened Panthers were doing refunds at the office upon request. In any case tickets will be vailid for the rearranged meeting. If you can't make it next time I'd like to think you'd get a refund if you contact the club. Maybe Neil Watson will confirm (or otherwise) on here.....

Thanks to the Panthers Fans who posted the short cuts from the A1. We used them both ways and so easy. Been coming up for the BMF Show for several years but our first time for Speedway was in March for the Rockets visit. Shame about the rain off tonight, we arrived at 1850hrs were admitted, bought our excellent Fish and Chips and had just sat down to enjoy them when the announcement was made. As a venue the Showground makes Rye House look a bit shabby and I am surprised at the lack of local support especially as it's only a Tenner for Old Gits like to get in. Wish I lived nearer.

I'm only 5-10 mins mins drive away (Yaxley, PE7). I'd nipped home and got back to the EoES just as cars started to stream out. Gutted obviously - but I feel for you making a long wasted journey. Anyway, yeah always come in via Alwalton village, and back to the A1 the same way. Hope you can make the rearranged meeting.

For me his (Garrity) attitude since March has been shocking, i think this draft lark has done untold damage. Instances this season where a riders three teams all due to ride on the same day, no real top flight experience being gained, the PL is far harder for them to score big in simply because they are their hardest meetings. As for Garrity this season has seen his real side, doesn't give a toss about the club that saved his career and life from going down the pan. His body language at Rye is as bad as i have ever seen, his machinery for Rye has been sub NL standard the boy is a disgrace to his profession.

Garrity said in an interview he loves Wolverhampton and my money is on him ending up there next year, Silver needs to re invest any cash he makes on a deal in the team. Too much deadwood in the side. Quite frankly the only one i would like to see retained is Edward Kennett as his average should be far more manageable

As for Bunyan turning up late he seems to me another that is going through the motions and should be shown the door ASAP.

Interesting that Garrity is not taking part in Luke's testimonial this Sunday

"Jason Garrity (British GP) and Mathieu Tresarrieu (World Longtrack Grand Prix) are unfortunately unavailable for the meeting, but the remaining Silver Ski Rockets are programmed for the event."

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.843.6

I'm going to be able to do Cardiff and Luke's testimonial! - Perhaps Garrity is upsetting his teammates with his attitude, and this could partly explain our poor results this year (Hope I'm reading too much into this)

Says alot as when bunyan just turning up at 7.20??

You are a complete and utter mug, I parked right next to the van and of the three people getting out none were Bunyan or his mechanic, Bunyan was in the pits, perhaps he had sold his van because the the one he turns up in at Rye is not sign written.

How people get the wrong end of the stick, put 2 + 2 together and get 5, then crucify a rider with no real substance to do so.

I thought the rain off was the right decision, nobody wanted to call it off and would hazard a guess it will leave the Panthers promotion out of pocket?

• Like 1

For me his (Garrity) attitude since March has been shocking, i think this draft lark has done untold damage. Instances this season where a riders three teams all due to ride on the same day, no real top flight experience being gained, the PL is far harder for them to score big in simply because they are their hardest meetings. As for Garrity this season has seen his real side, doesn't give a toss about the club that saved his career and life from going down the pan. His body language at Rye is as bad as i have ever seen, his machinery for Rye has been sub NL standard the boy is a disgrace to his profession.

Garrity said in an interview he loves Wolverhampton and my money is on him ending up there next year, Silver needs to re invest any cash he makes on a deal in the team. Too much deadwood in the side. Quite frankly the only one i would like to see retained is Edward Kennett as his average should be far more manageable

As for Bunyan turning up late he seems to me another that is going through the motions and should be shown the door ASAP.

Ha Ha ha, Bunyan was at the track at 5.30, don't think he'd be late for his beloved EOES, his other van being used by two young NZ riders arrived at around 7.30, but please feel free to show him the door if you want, his other van will be at Sheffield Thursday, sure you can read something into that.

You are a complete and utter mug, I parked right next to the van and of the three people getting out none were Bunyan or his mechanic, Bunyan was in the pits, perhaps he had sold his van because the the one he turns up in at Rye is not sign written.

How people get the wrong end of the stick, put 2 + 2 together and get 5, then crucify a rider with no real substance to do so.

I thought the rain off was the right decision, nobody wanted to call it off and would hazard a guess it will leave the Panthers promotion out of pocket?

See my post about 3 posts under the one I wrote saying must of got it wrong then..... You complete and utter mug.....

• Like 1

I understand for you Chris, and maybe others, this is an opportunity to have a dig at Mick, but I suggest you bear in mind that neither Mick nor I are Promoters at Peterborough and have no influence over decisions such as tonight's, although had the meeting been at Coventry the timeline would have been exactly the same.

I repeat, if any of you think this meeting was called of with pre-meditation you are 100% wrong. Feel free to contact me off-list should you wish to do so - info@peterboroughpanthers.co

Neil, of course I was not there, I don't go to speedway any more.................................and yes the Horton's had a major part in that so I am sure to a degree you understand my issues with them being involved in speedway. Problem is having a pop at them is generally not that difficult because its a non stop supply of ammunition

Nobody is suggesting it was a premeditated call off but the facts are that money is taken from supporters and NOT returned a few minutes later when a meeting which sounds like it had little chance of going ahead had its gates opened and money taken.

Personally I think the concept that money is not returned when the meeting is not staged is immoral and no promoter should be doing it. I don't care whether the BSPA rules allow it or not, the concept of taking £15 or whatever it costs from a supporter and providing nothing in return is unacceptable and the pitiful rules which then gives you a limited number of options to use that ticket is unacceptable and promoters should give supporters the option of their money back on the night because that is the right thing to do rather than hiding behind BSPA rules. That is not a dig at Horton or any other individual promoter, I think they should all be ashamed that they keep people's money. Bank's are robbers but even they don't expect to have money without paying interest on it. Yes the promoter incurrs costs but I can see no reason why any supporter should contribute to the cash flow issue this causes, that is part of owning a club. Had last night been highly profitable nobody shares the gains with the fans

At the end of the day only Mick Horton and those close to him know whether there was really a need to open the gates and take money, I can't say one way or the other. I guess a plea for more fans and more money coupled with a meeting where the gates are open and then the meeting is called off just make you wonder...................possibly unfairly but when it comes to the Horton's I guess I do not hold a balanced view

Edited by Chris Brown

Fully agree with Chris Browns post above, it simply feels wrong that a customer pays £15 and then 15 minutes later whent he meeting has been postponed cannot receive a refund there and then.

When he was briefly at Leicester a couple of seasons ago his head/ego struggled to get through the pits gate, used to have quite an entourage of knuckle Dr**$**$ who thought they could just waltz in without paying because they were with him.....

. Bank's are robbers but even they don't expect to have money without paying interest on it.

oh but they do! Where shall I start?

Cheques: it takes 3 days (or even a week!) to "clear" - when the funds become available to the payee - and that gives banks millions of our money every day to play with.... interest-free!

debit cards transactions: let's say you use your card to pay me £99; the £99 funds get "earmarked" or allocated out of your account - which means you no longer have access to that £99. But when do I get access to "my" £99 in my account? Answer: 2 or 3 days later. Again the banks get to play with millions of our money every day - interest free!

They're very clever people, bankers.... always have been, right back to biblical days :rolleyes:

Fully agree with Chris Browns post above, it simply feels wrong that a customer pays £15 and then 15 minutes later whent he meeting has been postponed cannot receive a refund there and then.

cashflow!

I'm not offering it as an excuse - it's not! - merely an observation.

Edited by PE7Panther

Sorry to here about Jason G's food poisoning, which stops him from racing for Rye tonight.

But look on the bright side, he'll be ok again at about 9.30pm tonight.

Me cynical !!! I don't know what you mean.

We would not complain at Coventry if Rye house decided to sell him. We would gladly have him

We would not complain at Coventry if Rye house decided to sell him. We would gladly have him

Would your promoter want to spend that kind money? I thought you were on the verge of closure?
  • Like 1