British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Vs Sheffield - New Date - Wednesday, July 9th (7.30pm)

SCORPIONS QUICK TO RE-ARRANGE SHEFFIELD CLASH

FLUIDAIR POWER Scunthorpe Scorpions have arranged for last night’s (Friday) rained off clash with local rivals Sheffield Tigers to be restaged at the Eddie Wright Raceway next Wednesday (July 9th, 7.30pm).

With an ominous looking weather forecast, yesterday’s meeting was called off at around 11am. It proved the right call, as Scunthorpe was hit by heavy rain in early evening.

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “The forecast was spot on. We simply wouldn’t have got the meeting on.

“Thank you to the Sheffield promotion for their co-operation in agreeing to the new date. With no home meeting next Friday due to the Premier League Pairs, we’d have been left with a three week gap between home meetings, had we not managed to re-stage this meeting within that gap.

“The weather is due to improve before next Wednesday. It should be a real cracker between two sides looking for local supremacy.”

Hopefully I can get to Scunny on Wednesday for my first visit, work permitting. Good luck Tigers

For once the teachers being on strike has done me a favour, I can takes daughter to speedway in a school night!

Hopefully the reversal of fortunes will continue with the Tigers getting an away win

• Like 1

How does Vardy continue to be allowed to referee meetings? The woman is shocking.

Good racing as always, just a shame most of the Sheffield riders failed to turn up.

Great ride in 14 by jorgy to keep Lanham on the inside so as to allow Auty to blast round them both. Proper team riding

I couldn't see the last 3-4 heats cause of the dust, could have been watering the track whilst waiting for the sun to go down!

• Like 2

Agree that She should not be allowed to referee. Three pathetic decisions that spoilt a decent meeting.

I don't understand Nielsen being at number three?

Thought Compton was poor, Lanham deserved more, Bates poor, Proctor Poor, Taylor Poole good and Stead his usual dependable self.

• Like 2

Absolutely shambolic from this ref... and it isn't the first time! She puts the fairer species to shame.....

How has Proctor still got two jobs here? Woeful

End of the road for Lanham and Compton or Laurel and Hardy as we call them. At least they split them up tonight, not that there was any discernible improvement on the track. Just not good enough.........