British Speedway Forum
marko

Music With No Imagination

The speedway star has been great over the years and still is,i am with Colin i like both the cover and back with no writing spoiling the picture.I have a massive collection now in which my wife still moans about but i would never get shot of them.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

you can only go by experience, and i was gripped as a kid, i loved the smell, colour, arguments, collecting a different riders coloured photo every week, making a scrapbook...would kids do scrapbooks these days?...the stadia wasnt important to me, it was wanting my team to win, music helps build the tension i suppose..getting a riders autograph in the programme when they had a full page picture, with a autograph bit at bottom of page

was brill getting the weekly speedway star, especially if your rider/team was on front page, preferred speedway star when front back page had full colour foto with no print over it

gotta agree with what you say, but,,, things like that don't grip kids now, time's have changed,,, who does scrap books nowadays ???

and as for print all over,,, I think sponsorship and advertising keeps speedway and other things going these days,,, and if your gonna put money in, you want to see it in the best place possible, which is,,, where most people will be looking, right in front of you :-),,, it's a sign of the times :-(

• Like 1

Back in the day when i was a child and long before team suits were invented i used to get my copy of the star and get a family member to show me a picture of a rider in action whilst covering the name underneath and i would tell which rider it was, not against team suits, they look very smart but it did make every rider unique, you can still tell them apart a little thanks to most keeping their bikes individual.

There is nothing more annoying to me than heat winning themes. And Birmingham are the absolute worst at this. Their presentation was just so irritable!

Every time there's a crash, 'red light spells danger' and for about every pole they played 'Polish and your proud'. It's enough to want to drag your eardrums out! It's ok in moderation, for Sheffield we have the intro music and 5-1 which is just about enough. But at Birmingham, it's so forced and unnecessary.

There is nothing more annoying to me than heat winning themes. And Birmingham are the absolute worst at this. Their presentation was just so irritable!

Every time there's a crash, 'red light spells danger' and for about every pole they played 'Polish and your proud'. It's enough to want to drag your eardrums out! It's ok in moderation, for Sheffield we have the intro music and 5-1 which is just about enough. But at Birmingham, it's so forced and unnecessary.

that's a good un, that :-)

Most of the fans left at Speedway, connect with the music from 70's and 80's (unfortunately)

Modern music does not lend itself to modern Speedway, or with "old" fans....

So much incompatibility these days.....

so THATS why the crowds are staying away :wink:

Hey don't laugh, Its all part of the package. something that speedway promoters don't take seriously. I am at the track 40mins or so before racing. Nothing happens until the so called parade. Even then Chris Popple cant announce the team until they are back at the pits............. Its not rocket science to entertain before , during and after the meeting!!!

Most of the fans left at Speedway, connect with the music from 70's and 80's (unfortunately)

Modern music does not lend itself to modern Speedway, or with "old" fans....

So much incompatibility these days.....

That's wrong, there's some decent stuff about but if the promoters don't bother to download and play it ....... it's all about the effort put in once again isn't it!

Perhaps every promoter ought to just stand with the fans for a meeting to realise what's good and what is not so good about the night they are promoting!

Edited by Trees

Lewis Kerr gets the Terminator theme tune at Newcastle

We’ve been rocking the personalised rider jingles and heat intro’s for years but as you can see from a post above it isn’t everybody’s bag. We’ve recently ditched the American 2 Mins time allowance one though and replaced it with a 2 Minutes To Showtime Jingle.

Some examples are:

Chris Harris – Motorhead, He’s the Bomber

Scott Nicholls – Made in England or Back for Good when he came back to Coventry

Hand Andersen – Put Your Hans Up In The Air

Nico Covatti – Covatti to the song Amore

Leigh Lanham – I am the one and onLEIGH

I like them and I know a lot of the fans do where we present but you’ll never please everyone and sometimes to link with a riders name they have to be pretty corny. Particulary Polish wise lol.

We also take music requests and do shout out's via text message or twitter so trying to keep in with the young un's ;)

Edited by Chris BART Simpson
  • Like 1

Ludvig has 'lightning bolt' by Jake Bugg,,, av got it on me phone, maybe I could bluetooth it to TWK if our paths ever cross :-)

and maybe he could have it as his ringtone,,, hehe

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

Ludvig has 'lightning bolt' by Jake Bugg,,, av got it on me phone, maybe I could bluetooth it to TWK if our paths ever cross :-)

and maybe he could have it as his ringtone,,, hehe

................ or maybe TWK could boil his head in oil first. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

................ or maybe TWK could boil his head in oil first. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

will you need a hand ???,,, lol

• Like 1

will you need a hand ???,,, lol

Cheeky b*gger. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are lucky you get riders tunes when they win a race, Somerset used to do it, but a few seasons back they decided against it along with the jingles, which was a shame as now there is little atmosphere, a great race track, great facility's, but needs to improve presentation.

Olly Allen has his signature tune played after he wins a race, as does Nick Morris.