British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

Just Imagine......where Would You Choose?

West ham's custom house stadium, the 'daddy' of the London tracks. I still miss it greatly!

Wembley with 50/60 thousand spectators there every week

Riders coming out on the track to the music "The march of the Gladiators" and the cannon going off at the end of every race.

The second halves sometimes had 4 or 5 riders from other London clubs combined with the home and away teams. This was completely unique to Wembley

I agree nothing could better this, Perfect in every way.

( :party: ok add Bert flying across the line to the sound of the cannon going off for total 100% perfection :party:)

Easy one!

Firs Stadium Norwich where I first watched speedway in the 1950's!

I wish the place had never shut down in 1964!

I'm convinced had the Firs stadium survived to the present day, Norwich Stars would be in the Elite League and still would be one of the best supported clubs!

• Like 1

Imagining you had no hometown alliance and the sport was as thrilling as it was in the 80's..... of all the tracks/stadiums you've visited in the UK and if you lived close enough where would you choose to watch your hometown speedway irrespective of the league they currently race in?

Monmore Green, Wolverhampton, season 2009.Freddie Lindgren unbeaten in 7 consecutive home meetings by an away rider.Inside, outside you could just not defend against Fast Freddie. Vintage times !

Hackney Wick, with Barry Thomas and Dave Morton up against John Louis and Billy Sanders. 'Make it a date, Friday at eight' ..

The Shay was a superb track. Huge banking, super fast, horrible steel fence and grey shale!

Boston - great little track and fantastic food, especially the mushy peas with mint sauce. My brother used to go just to have 5 or 6 helpings.

That was one long journey home to Leicester!

• Like 1

Monmore Green.

Heat 15.

Hamill and Hancock.

5-1 to the Heathens!

Edited by Ommer Mon

Easy one!

Firs Stadium Norwich where I first watched speedway in the 1950's!

I wish the place had never shut down in 1964!

I'm convinced had the Firs stadium survived to the present day, Norwich Stars would be in the Elite League and still would be one of the best supported clubs!

I know it would, selfish sods who sold it off :-(