British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Leicester Lions - Wed 16, July - #shavetheroo

You dropped 1 point, on a day where two riders suffered EFs while winning/paid winning. If you're going to have a crap day do it in July and not Sept/Oct. This Lynn team is still awesome.

The same Leicester team is putting the wind up Swindon tonight! 6 up after 7 :o

Edited by SCB

Which was true. As was also the case of Posing Rory's or Kenneth E/F, any one of those issues could have made all the difference. Don't forget when Rose dropped it on the first bend, But Mad's puncture probably equalled that one out.

But you didn't say any of that did you. You put the blame (not that dropping one point is a crime) firmly at Lamberts door. He's 16 years old, learning his trade and doesn't need the whole expectation of winning and losing on his shoulders. Anything he scores over 3 points is a bonus and should be applauded as such. Too much pressure on young shoulders very often has a detrimental effect.

Be pleased for him when he does perform well and bear with him when he is less than your expectation.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 3

I really hope not. Rose is one for the future I cannot see the same thing for Lambert

:shock::o

:shock::o

Just to fill you in Steve.

Lyon & Rose had a set to in the pits over him being taken out of heat 14 being replaced by Kerr.

Rose wasn't seen on the parade truck at the end of the meeting.

With Simon Lambert going so well peeps have put 2+2 together and are guessing he may be replacing Rose

Just to fill you in Steve.

Lyon & Rose had a set to in the pits over him being taken out of heat 14 being replaced by Kerr.

Rose wasn't seen on the parade truck at the end of the meeting.

With Simon Lambert going so well peeps have put 2+2 together and are guessing he may be replacing Rose

But you didn't say any of that did you. You put the blame (not that dropping one point is a crime) firmly at Lamberts door. He's 16 years old, learning his trade and doesn't need the whole expectation of winning and losing on his shoulders. Anything he scores over 3 points is a bonus and should be applauded as such. Too much pressure on young shoulders very often has a detrimental effect. Be pleased for him when he does perform well and bear with him when he is less than your expectation.

Again, I am not anti Robert, and did not hold him solely responsible for dropping a home point against Leicester. He is a member of the team and therefore he must take responsibility like everyone else. You say I didn't mention any of the other issues before, But going back (My Post No50) I actually agreed with the post from (Star Fever No 43) that sums everything up.

(Highlighted comment) ; Are you for real? probably related to him, maybe, That comment is ridiculous . When he competes in a man's world, A team environment he has to take that responsibility, the same as all the other members. There is no protection...... You can't carry anyone just because he is 16. He has to stand up and be counted. He learns as he get experience. If he's not ready, then he rides in a lower league. Of cause winning and losing has it's pressures, and like all other members, he must shoulder some of the blame. That's part and parcel . That bit about only scoring 3 pts. If he was only capable of scoring three points he wouldn't be in the side. He would be of little use to Lynn Stars or to himself.

The old saying about ' Cant stick the heat get out of the kitchen' applies here. You need to wake up. Robert is far better rider than you portray (3 pts), and doesn't want you protecting him from the real world. It's time them kid gloves come off..........

Edited by GRW123

Again, I am not anti Robert, and did not hold him solely responsible for dropping a home point against Leicester. He is a member of the team and therefore he must take responsibility like everyone else. You say I didn't mention any of the other issues before, But going back (My Post No50) I actually agreed with the post from (Star Fever No 43) that sums everything up.

Not in the one where you blamed Lambert. I have no idea if he or his family read the BSF, but if he does or is told that people are blaming him it can do his confidence and esteem no good whatsoever.

(Highlighted comment) ; Are you for real? probably related to him, maybe,

Yes I am for real. I'm not related to him and I've never met him or his family

That comment is ridiculous

.In your opinion, it seems a few others don't think so.

When he competes in a man's world, A team environment he has to take that responsibility, the same as all the other members.

Precisely my point OTHER MEMBERS have to share the responsibility but from the posting you made about Lambert you only mention him.

There is no protection...... You can't carry anyone just because he is 16. He has to stand up and be counted. He learns as he get experience. If he's not ready, then he rides in a lower league. Of cause winning and losing has it's pressures, and like all other members, he must shoulder some of the blame. That's part and parcel . That bit about only scoring 3 pts. If he was only capable of scoring three points he wouldn't be in the side. He would be of little use to Lynn Stars or to himself.

Bit in bold yes SOME not all. As for the 3 points, he came in on a 3 point average (regardless of what Buster, Rob or anyone else thought he might actually achieve) therefore anything he scores over and above that is a bonus.

The old saying about ' Cant stick the heat get out of the kitchen' applies here. You need to wake up. Robert is far better rider than you portray (3 pts), and doesn't want you protecting him from the real world. It's time them kid gloves come off..........

I don't need to wake up at all. I know he is a better rider than 3 points however I don't expect instant miracles, We didn't get them with Michael Lee or Tai Woffinden, they were allowed to develop at their own pace and look what they achieved. This season I see no reason to take off the kid gloves, youngsters (and he technically is still a child) need nurturing regardless of which environment they are in. Unless of course winning is the be all and end all which has never been what speedway is about in my eyes. Tho reading some of your posts I think we differ massively on that one.

Edited for spelling

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Getting it wrong GRW isnt a crime. We all make mistakes, it seems some find it hard to admit to them.

Getting it wrong GRW isnt a crime. We all make mistakes, it seems some find it hard to admit to them.

When I've made mistakes I am the first to admit it. But I haven't made a mistake here, It's just other people putting specifics into the wrong contexts. I did say that had Robert beaten Simon Lambert we would have won all three points. That's not proportioning blame, that was a fact. The same applies with Kenneth E/F or Prosing's. Both of those instances are fact and any blame should be proportional. So what I said was not wrong...........

I don't need to wake up at all. I know he is a better rider than 3 points however I don't expect instant miracles, We didn't get them with Michael Lee or Tai Woffinden, they were allowed to develop at their own pace and look what they achieved. This season I see no reason to take off the kid gloves, youngsters (and he technically is still a child) need nurturing regardless of which environment they are in. Unless of course winning is the be all and end all which has never been what speedway is about in my eyes. Tho reading some of your posts I think we differ massively on that one.

I agree. We differ tremendously. In my opinion, as soon as Robert Lambert was included into the full Stars team the kid gloves come off. he was selected on merit and is more than capable of holding his own in that class of riding. He has been riding against men for more than 3 yrs. According to you, I am of the impression, we can look at Robert ride, we can praise him for doing well, but we mustn't say anything against him as he might be offended. Is that what you mean? I'll remember, I'm not allowed to comment in the future.

You keep going on about his 3 pts average as though that's a measure of his ability. At the start of the season, he did not have a Elite CMS and therefore is was given an assessment figure of 3. He was obviously far better than that, thus being one of the reasons Rob Lyon wanted him in the team proper. To give you some idea of how low a 3 average is. of all the 70 odd riders competing in the Elite league only a handful is on less than 3. and that's scrapping the barrel.

You may not be aware, but this year it is far easier for lesser riders to achieve a high match average then ever before, so unlike the times of previous top stars, ( i.e., Lee Woffy Ward ) they had to race top men all the time. This year is probably the best time ever to start out on the road to stardom . I just hope Robert can withstand the pressure and grabs this opportunity with both hands to project him into the heights of greatness he is destined for...

I love what you said about me and winning at all costs. That proves you have me all wrong.. I use to be the worlds worst loser. Hated it. Bug me for days. Wouldn't talk to anyone, wouldn't except it. The world's worst. That was until I started playing Golf. Then everything was put into a different prospective. Now when I lose, I can except that I did my best and was beaten by a better player. Same with speedway, it's irrelevant whether we win or lose. But I can't except lack of application....

Do hope I have explained myself......

Edited by GRW123

No wonder this country hasn't produced many young talents over the years, as soon as one comes along people get on his back as soon as he has a couple of bad rides?!?!

As someone far cleverer than I once said, "If you can't support us when we're down, we don't want your support when we're up". Get behind the young lad or he'll sign for Poole or someone!!!

Edited by pointsmeanplayoffs
  • Like 5

Shakes head :cry: Too bloody hot to do anything else.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

As long as Rob is putting his all into his racing and is learning off our top men then the only pressure he should be under is his own.

If only he could suss out consistent gating then he would make life easier for himself.

• Like 2

More concerned about the Rose/Lyon bust up than anything concerning Lambert to be honest.

Rose seemed to be as quick as Kerr on Wednesday and I think it's good he was mad at being switched out of heat 14 - shows passion. It's up to Rob to harness that which I'm sure he can to make Rose score so well in his first 3 rides that he is a shoe in for heat 14.

Don't think we should be thinking of a switch at reserve. Need to keep the team together IMO. The team works.