British Speedway Forum
BeoBrummie

Birmingham - The Future?

Brummies forum currently been repaired...

My proposal which Ive spoke to the fighting fund about is continuing the fund and I'm looking for approx 100 people to donate around 10 a month towards the fund so we can keep building it up for our use if and when needed this will increase the fund by approx £12,000 a year it will also show potential owners we have a loyal hardcore who are prepared to do that little extra for the club..

Now I've spoke to a few people about it and have had decent feed back and around 15 people I've spoken to would join such a scheme some prepared to make 15 to 20 pound donations...with the club shutting mid season most these people have saved 300-400 quid anyway with admission programme drinks fuel if not more ....

Please remember this would be for us as the fans for our future not to be handed over to the potential new owners...

Feed back please on your thoughts of this idea lets try keep this thread sensible

My proposal which Ive spoke to the fighting fund about is continuing the fund and I'm looking for approx 100 people to donate around 10 a month towards the fund so we can keep building it up for our use if and when needed this will increase the fund by approx £12,000 a year it will also show potential owners we have a loyal hardcore who are prepared to do that little extra for the club..

Now I've spoke to a few people about it and have had decent feed back and around 15 people I've spoken to would join such a scheme some prepared to make 15 to 20 pound donations...with the club shutting mid season most these people have saved 300-400 quid anyway with admission programme drinks fuel if not more ....

Please remember this would be for us as the fans for our future not to be handed over to the potential new owners...

Feed back please on your thoughts of this idea lets try keep this thread sensible

I think it's a fantastic idea. :cheers:

Any stone shouldn't go unturned in the fight for long term speedway at Perry Barr.

• Like 1

You need to be able to trust your promoter though!

We know only too well trees but we can trust each other that's one thing we can be sure on...

An open meeting needs to be setup amongst supports at the end of the day we can only do what we can . We're aware of the pitfalls because we have fell down most of them but I want to put our supporters fund in a strong position for our long term future ..

At the end of the day a new promotion shouldn't need our fund that would send alarm bells off immediately ,they need us to get the terraces packed first and foremost .. Can it be done ?? Who knows but we will try our hardest

Dont quite understand what we would do with the money, is it for the riders, the rent, track staff or stadium staff, how would we use it and who looks after it. Not to trust worthy of promoters at the moment following the Phillips saga, lost a lot of money because of those gits.

Like the idea in principal but would need a lot of reasons why I would hand any money over to a promoter unless he was hand cuffed to me.

Already decided never to have a season ticket again so could afford 10 to 15 quid a month to go into a fund, but would need cast iron proof it was going to the right people.

Dont quite understand what we would do with the money, is it for the riders, the rent, track staff or stadium staff, how would we use it and who looks after it. Not to trust worthy of promoters at the moment following the Phillips saga, lost a lot of money because of those gits.

Like the idea in principal but would need a lot of reasons why I would hand any money over to a promoter unless he was hand cuffed to me.

Already decided never to have a season ticket again so could afford 10 to 15 quid a month to go into a fund, but would need cast iron proof it was going to the right people.

It would go into the supporters club account Peter.

Just like the current fighting fund.

It would then be up to the supporters club, upon guidence from long term sponsors (we've had an offer already after your call for a sponsor to come forward), as to what is the best direction for the funds.

We've even been offerred free tea and coffee and use of their offices for this purpose.

Like RedandYellow says, people do really care for the club and as a team, we can win this.

Edited by Deano

P t preece 100% agree and the same point has been raised by others which is why a meeting is required about how we use the fund...

Me personally just want to build the fund up as high as possible to stop this happening in the future.....

• Like 1

P t preece 100% agree and the same point has been raised by others which is why a meeting is required about how we use the fund...

Me personally just want to build the fund up as high as possible to stop this happening in the future.....

Have you spoken to Sue Connop? I think you should be on the committee. You seem to have some excellent ideas. I could pass you her number?

I have pm you mate reply at leisure ...

I'm not been cloak and dagger by the way folks I would just rather not put my number on a forum I'm sure you would all do the same

I think this is a good proposal, but you must set up a BIRMINGHAM SPEEDWAY TRUST that will handle such an idea any TRUST inc its members MUST HAVE PUBLIC SUPPORT though !

Its called a trust mate !

Have you spoken to Sue Connop? I think you should be on the committee. You seem to have some excellent ideas. I could pass you her number?

Well there you go, you may have names being mentioned for nothing that has been formulated as yet - by certain people who want to castigate others ...............what a joke?

Well there you go, you may have names being mentioned for nothing that has been formulated as yet - by certain people who want to castigate others ...............what a joke?

You've heard of the fighting fund surely?

Being managed by the Supporters Club?

Do you want the details?

You've heard of the fighting fund surely?

Being managed by the Supporters Club?

Do you want the details?

1. Yes

2. Why Supporters Club - Who actually sanctioned them to take cash etc..

3. Why would I want details of a collective group - to send money to that I dont know ?

Next Question.............

Edited by stansolo

1. Yes

2. Why Supporters Club - Who actually sanctioned them to take cash etc..

3. Why would I want details of a collective group - to send money to that I dont know ?

Next Question.............

Keep up.

I thought you were a Brummie speedway fan Stan.

Showing your true colours now ;)

Keep up.

I thought you were a Brummie speedway fan Stan.

Showing your true colours now ;)

When we were keeping up you wasnt around, if you dont like my colours thats your problem............... ;);)

When we were keeping up you wasnt around, if you dont like my colours thats your problem............... ;);)

I'll see you at the meeting then.