British Speedway Forum
BeoBrummie

Birmingham - The Future?

It seems Tony Mole is quite keen on resurrecting the Brummies in 2015, in what league he won't say. Apparently there are a few problems to be ironed out but happily the GRA doesn't appear to be one of them!

Below are the last couple of articles from the local rag

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/other-sport/tony-mole-keen-resurrect-birmingham-7433245

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/other-sport/tony-mole-plans-birmingham-talks-7441673

Edited by BeoBrummie

I don't have any inside knowledge of Tony's plans but I would think it logical that they will be about Premier League racing. Clearly the Elite League cannot last much longer in its present form and will have to eventually amalgamate with the Premier - and common sense says that this is going to be on the Premier League clubs' terms for surely none of them will vote for or accept, anything which increases their costs.

If that means that the top Elite League riders desert their clubs then so be it. In the long term, that may well be for the best.

• Like 8

I don't have any inside knowledge of Tony's plans but I would think it logical that they will be about Premier League racing. Clearly the Elite League cannot last much longer in its present form and will have to eventually amalgamate with the Premier - and common sense says that this is going to be on the Premier League clubs' terms for surely none of them will vote for or accept, anything which increases their costs.

If that means that the top Elite League riders desert their clubs then so be it. In the long term, that may well be for the best.

Agree 100%, But I do fear that certain EL promoters/teams could spoil what is a good Premier Lge ???

• Like 3

I totally agree with that BBuck.

Here's to next Season with Birmingham in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Hope the fighting fund have a figure head that may have some sort of say to any prospective takeover, the collection has really shown a strong feeling.

Edited by stansolo

Birmingham should join the PL before that leagues closes its door to EL clubs looking to join as the EL shrinks to >8 clubs, and thereby cause unsustainable wage inflation and an un-level playing field where the rich win and the rest capsize trying to keep up. I'm afraid 'big' clubs joining and expecting using their relative superior financial muscle to chase pots must be resistsed by the PL. After all that league is realistically the future of BL speedway in the medium term.

• Like 2

Has anyone had any problem logging on to Brums forum recently?

Have not been able to get on there yesterday or today.

Hopefully a consortium can be formed and the BRUMMIES can go Premier League in 2015 hopefully with Wizzer as team manager.

Been fine for me but I have been checking it on my phone using the app.

Agree 100%, But I do fear that certain EL promoters/teams could spoil what is a good Premier Lge ???

I would'nt worry too much , the middle division has had it's fingers burned enough times in the past , dont think they will get caught out again (hope so anyway )

Nothings been posted on the Brummies forum for a couple of days now so nothings been missed!

With the excellent response to the fighting fund, the stadium owners apparently wanting speedway to return, Tony Mole and others interested as well as sponsors I'd say Birmingham speedway can re emerge next season, probably in the Premier League and be sustainable if ran right!