British Speedway Forum
EnglishRoundabout

Somerset V Newcastle 18th July

Has Danny got a proper average now? If yes, we will see if they think its season over or whether they try to do something and go for it in last 10 matches.

Has Danny got a proper average now? If yes, we will see if they think its season over or whether they try to do something and go for it in last 10 matches.

I think Danny should have an ave. now of around 8.80, but won't really make any difference to the squad average,,, only mean's we can't get the 'Cookster' to guest if need be :-(

I think Danny should have an ave. now of around 8.80, but won't really make any difference to the squad average,,, only mean's we can't get the 'Cookster' to guest if need be :-(

If it's 8.80 that puts us on 42.28, so only 0.22 to play with.

If it's 8.80 that puts us on 42.28, so only 0.22 to play with.

so,,, who is likely to wanna come to Newcastle, n who can we get rid of ???,,, mmm

Very surprised that the Diamonds manager didn't use the TR's well before Heats 11 and 12 when the match was over. Surely he should have tried something? After a bright start by the Diamonds the Rebels piled in the 5-1's and coasted to victory with only Danny Kings excellent performance being a thorn in the side of the Rebels.

so,,, who is likely to wanna come to Newcastle, n who can we get rid of ???,,, mmm

Greenwood and mellegren for lindgren and Nielsen..:)

That could be suicidal if that's case. Fans (quite rightly) would be saying "if they can't be bothered, then why the hell should I."

As averages stand we could have

King 8.8

Richie 7.4

Robbo 7.93

Kerr 6.88

Rose 4.33

Mills 3.18

An other up to 3.98

Sorted for 2015!! Happy days :) :) lol

Greenwood and mellegren for lindgren and Nielsen.. :)

King 8.8

Richie 7.4

Robbo 7.93

Kerr 6.88

Rose 4.33

Mills 3.18

An other up to 3.98

would go with Greenwood (Olly),,,, dunno about Meldrew tho,,,

looks like a good starting block for 2015,,, but would have to have a Richie/Steve combo in there :-)

So, we will just ignore the last two home matches shall we?

I wasn't there, but was it not a case that no one else was worth putting a B & W on, as they were all riding poorly?

The issue for me was Somerset were starting to click into gear and Newcastle needed to do something quickly to stay in the match. Admittedly Lindgren had been very average in his opening rides and Robbo not at his best although competitive as ever, so English should have tried to stop the Rebels momentum by using either Lingren or Robson in heats 9 or 10 respectively. Yes they would have faced stiff opposition in the shape of Brady Kurtz and Nick Morris, but how many times do we see riders who are performing ordinarily suddenly pull a win out of the bag when they are wearing black and white?

Poor Diamonds peformance apart from King with Millsy who obviousely had a tough night on track that doesnt suit him and points came from luck but still 3rd highest scorer says everything. Hope Nielsen okay not a great debut especially after winning first race. As for the rest of the season obviouly little chance of getting to playoffs, but promotion need to use meeting to help decide team next year and what changes need to be made. This doesnt necesarilly need to be more than 1 or 2 good changes especially if side will win at home. For me King and both Rose and Kerr would be kept anything could happen after that, even Millsy has a good chance if he keeps scoring good home point and we have a good top 6 who can carry any poor away pefomances.

• Like 1

King 8.8

Richie 7.4

Robbo 7.93

Kerr 6.88

Rose 4.33

Mills 3.18

An other up to 3.98

You're starting to sound like me :wink:

there's not always just one bad apple in the barrell ;-)

But some are badder than others. :o;):P

totally agree,,, Robbo is more experienced, is a better team rider, which would help reserves, and,,, is our second best rider on paper,,, no brainer for the 'big-boys' race :-)

but, personally, I think the thing about singling 1 rider out in particular, is'nt right,,, when clearly he is'nt the worst 1 on show,,,,

I mean look at our 'pairs' representative's, good at Brough, but they were rather shambolic at Somerset last week,,, but no-one's having a pop there,,,, unless you class this as one :-(

I started a thread about that a while ago,,, but think it was removed, lol

But is said Rider doing his JOB - Home and crucially Away? Answer: NO!!!

................. that's EASY!!!

But some are badder than others. :o;):P

But is said Rider doing his JOB - Home and crucially Away? Answer: NO!!!

................. that's EASY!!!

1. correct !

2. are all others doing their's ? nope,,, did you see the pairs ?

3. sure it is, but who want's to come ?

• Like 1

1. correct !

2. are all others doing their's ? nope,,, did you see the pairs ?

3. sure it is, but who want's to come ?

THAT is very much up to the Promoters.

I just wonder how long we can carry various Riders, and yes - one in particular.

We have a TEAM built on all round strength in depth. One of our Heat Leaders is NOT performing and that is having an obvious effect on Results. You can argue about Maximums at Home as much as you like - but the one against Plymouth was mostly against Reserves and Second Strings - I would EXPECT a Maximum from a Heat Leader in those circumstances - at Home.

Edited by The White Knight

King 8.8

Richie 7.4

Robbo 7.93

Kerr 6.88

Rose 4.33

Mills 3.18

An other up to 3.98

I'm guessing you mean Anders Mellgren? He's signed for Rye House (replaced Mat Tres). And Richie is still at Ipswich and already said last season he didn't want to ride for us, so why go back to him (even if he wants to come back)?

THAT is very much up to the Promoters.

I just wonder how long we can carry various Riders, and yes - one in particular.

We have a TEAM built on all round strength in depth. One of our Heat Leaders is NOT performing and that is having an obvious effect on Results. You can argue about Maximums at Home as much as you like - but the one against Plymouth was mostly against Reserves and Second Strings - I would EXPECT a Maximum from a Heat Leader in those circumstances - at Home.

Why do you keep rambling on about Lindgren all the time, he has been by far our best rider at home recently and apart from last couple of away matches he has not been to bad even if scores dont look great. Maybe if you actually seen him away you could make a valid comment. Kerr has been really poor at some tracks this season yet has got away with any criticism and Ludvig gets all the blame when no worse than 6 of our other riders!

• Like 3