British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 21 July, 2014

which bit couldn't you agree with more?

A fantastic result given I thought we would get zip. Steve Worrall has been fantastic and 'no offers' to win the rider of the year.

When fans post negative stuff whilst the meetings is still going.

I would never dream of doing it as you can look a right numpty:-)

Excellent away win for the Robins. Sort Nick and it looks good.

Time now for Big Ron to get the track right at Shabby Stadium so that the home riders have confidence in it. Word was on Thursday he kips overnight in the pits area so as he is there time to get it right.

a great speedway meeting (again) at Kirky Lane,

well done the robins who just seemed collectively to want it more...

MPT and Stefan both, once again, stepped up to be counted, and Scott was simply at times breathtaking in his execution of his outside passes..

cannot believe that GB's second best rider (by a country mile) won't be racing at Kings Lynn on saturday, (although if he is commentating he may well still be Britain's best performer on the night)!! ;)

the desire and commitment that Nicholls showed tonight hopefully has left several of his younger colleagues a little bit embarrassed by their own contribution...

glad no one hit zagar as he 'ambled' round the circuit, but at least he did make an appearance in heat fifteen (however brief)..

for the aces whoever decided winning the toss and going off one and three at kirky lane where gate four in the opening 5 or 6 races in 'king' is surely a tactical genius and should be applauded 'not'... :icon_smile_clown:

no point having gate four in the middle of the meeting for four races on the bounce when you have already provided the opposition with momentum and something to 'defend' by their early lead :nono:

(and a couple of re starts compounded the folly and meant that gate 4 slickened off a bit quicker than usual)

still, as I said at the start, a great speedway meeting, best of the year at BV (and there has been a good few other top meetings this year at Kirky Lane to be compared against), a good many close races, plenty of passing, and a bit of 'handbags' in the pits too, what's not to like?....

well done once again to the robins, no reason why, if the riders show the same level of commitment between now and the end of the season, that they couldn't make the play offs...

• Like 1

Surprising result from the Robins,.

Just so hard to predict!

Good result all the same.

Who is the lovely lady that occupies the start line at Vue?

If you mean the presenter on mic, Natalie Quirk.

Congratulations to the Robins on a deserved win. Clearly the better team on the night.

Yet another entertaining match at Kirky Lane. The highlights for me were Scott Nicholls pass of Kildermand and Batchelor down the home straight in heat 6, watching Kildermand riding on the edge and beyond and Palm-Toft giving his usual 100%. Anyone who didn't think that match was worth the entrance fee is watching the wrong sport.

• Like 2

Cracking meeting tonight. Some beltin' speedway on a well prepared track. Well done to Colin Meredith, the last 18 months have seen some big improvements and you starting to see a very consistent track. Dare I say it, but Kirky Lane, along with monmore, is probably the best track in the league. I've always maintained that the shape has nothing to do with the poor racing we used to put up with. It was always preparation. Think there are less stock cars as well, but well done Colin.

Took 1 and 3 and that was a stupid decision. I actually think that's what cost us. Well done Swindon, thoroughly deserved

Cracking meeting tonight. Some beltin' speedway on a well prepared track. Well done to Colin Meredith, the last 18 months have seen some big improvements and you starting to see a very consistent track. Dare I say it, but Kirky Lane, along with monmore, is probably the best track in the league. I've always maintained that the shape has nothing to do with the poor racing we used to put up with. It was always preparation. Think there are less stock cars as well, but well done Colin.

Took 1 and 3 and that was a stupid decision. I actually think that's what cost us. Well done Swindon, thoroughly deserved

There as actually been more stock cars but less rain which as helped

Not too excited, it is just that your home record has been good.

A loss, a draw (Lakeside) and wins over Eastbourne, Leicester, Birmingham and Poole. Hardly earth shattering stuff that should put the fear into any half decent team.

A loss, a draw (Lakeside) and wins over Eastbourne, Leicester, Birmingham and Poole. Hardly earth shattering stuff that should put the fear into any half decent team.

Eastbourne got rained off - they've ridden Wolves twice instead.

Yep that's it what I been saying, the only team in top 4 we have ridden against and beat is Poole. We have 5 home meetings against top 4 teams to come

First team to take any points off a full strength Aces at KL so can't argue with that.

Strange how fixtures are done this year as the 2 teams with best away records, kings Lynn & Coventry still haven't visited belle Vue yet.

Yep that's it what I been saying, the only team in top 4 we have ridden against and beat is Poole. We have 5 home meetings against top 4 teams to come

Let's hope we lose the toss for gate positions in all of the forthcoming meetings. Take the decision out of Attwood's hands and who knows, we might stand a chance. Basically he had two decision to make last night, gate positions and replacing Payne with Nielsen in Heat 7 and got both wrong. At least he's consistent!

Excellent away win for the Robins. Sort Nick and it looks good.

Time now for Big Ron to get the track right at Shabby Stadium so that the home riders have confidence in it. Word was on Thursday he kips overnight in the pits area so as he is there time to get it right.

Maybe someone should wake him up then as he has not done a good job since being gifted the job because he was Terry's brother & not cos be earnt it.

• Like 1