British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

That was about 7 or 8 years ago now! Rules change!

The issue is that they changed the conversion figure for moving from EL to PL. In doing so they have reworded the rule and IMO, messed up.

Of course rules change, it's just they don't tell anyone what they were in the first place!

Surely somebody more recent has dropped down mid season?

Of course rules change, it's just they don't tell anyone what they were in the first place!

Surely somebody more recent has dropped down mid season?

Of course they tell people. It's in the rule book. It's even in bold print to make it easy to see new rules. TBF, someone posted on the BSF yesterday it was against the rules - if fans on the BSF know these things....

No, nobody on an average over 6 at the start of the season has dropped down this year since the rule was changed.

It'll be another case of rules are applied and the fans moan about it.

BSPA actually done their jobs correctly this time!

• Like 1

Of course they tell people. It's in the rule book. It's even in bold print to make it easy to see new rules. TBF, someone posted on the BSF yesterday it was against the rules - if fans on the BSF know these things....

No, nobody on an average over 6 at the start of the season has dropped down this year since the rule was changed.

They tell people .... if they read the rulebook!

I remember a time when AGM press releases were long and included all the relevant rules and rule changes.

If they are playing by the book then fair enough, but how did CVS not know! !!

Edited by stevebrum

surely when eddie kennett dropped down his average was over 6 also danny king

danny king started on 6.74 , and he was allowed to du with ipswich

Edited by heathen chemistry

surely when eddie kennett dropped down his average was over 6 also danny king

danny king started on 6.74 , and he was allowed to du with ipswich

King and Kennett dropped down last season.

It'll be another case of rules are applied and the fans moan about it.

BSPA actually done their jobs correctly this time!

They have. Only trouble is it appears a certain promoter didn't know them when trying to get a berth for one of his riders :shock:

What folks should be questioning, if they so wish, is the sense of the rule, not the fact that it has been applied as written.

Complete silence on the OS. :oops: I didn't look at it yesterday so don't know if there was a 'Jacob to 'Boro' story. If there was, it's gone :D

Edited by Wolfsbane

They have. Only trouble is it appears a certain promoter didn't know them when trying to get a berth for one of his riders :shock:

What folks should be questioning, if they so wish, is the sense of the rule, not the fact that it has been applied as written.

Complete silence on the OS. :oops: I didn't look at it yesterday so don't know if there was a 'Jacob to 'Boro' story. If there was, it's gone :D

There was, it was in the 3 year contract extension news.

They tell people .... if they read the rulebook!

I remember a time when AGM press releases were long and included all the relevant rules and rule changes.

If they are playing by the book then fair enough, but how did CVS not know! !!

You don't know whether CVS knew about it or not. All we know is what Ged Rathbone says. You have been following speedway long enough to know that unless you are actually present when a conversation takes place you can never really be sure exactly who said what. I am sure if you spoke to CVS whoever Rathbone says he spoke to you would get an entirely different account.

The fact remains that as others have said the rule is clear enough in this case. Unfortunately the sport has a history of people making wrong decisions based on what someone else told them instead of bothering to check the rule themselves.

You don't know whether CVS knew about it or not. All we know is what Ged Rathbone says. You have been following speedway long enough to know that unless you are actually present when a conversation takes place you can never really be sure exactly who said what. I am sure if you spoke to CVS whoever Rathbone says he spoke to you would get an entirely different account.

The fact remains that as others have said the rule is clear enough in this case. Unfortunately the sport has a history of people making wrong decisions based on what someone else told them instead of bothering to check the rule themselves.

You are definitely CVS and I absolutely claim my £5. :D

Sorry E I, couldn't resist ;)

• Like 1

CVS & Adams are in a private meeting with on the down slide Lindgren at this moment in time.

they probably agreeing terms for 2016 season

• Like 4

You are definitely CVS and I absolutely claim my £5. :D

Sorry E I, couldn't resist ;)

Ok I admit I am CVS . Can't let you have the fiver just now though, too busy planning our next move with Peter Adams to get our season back on track and secure our place in the play offs. The boys are all up for it and determined to give 110% to out play off bid. The team are all totally focussed and I have every confidence in the them and I know how much you and all the other fans appreciate me being honest with you.

• Like 2

Guest wolfhound

So the defeats continue and not just marginally but by some distance!

That CVS has signed an agreement to stay at Monmore Green for another 3 years could become a financial disaster if things continue this way as the only people

attending will be the 14 riders and the referee!