British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Not Missing It?!

Guest GiveusaB

I have to say, after a shambles of a 2014 season, I'm not missing speedway at all ! Didnt think I'd hear myself saying that!?

I have to say, after a shambles of a 2014 season, I'm not missing speedway at all ! Didnt think I'd hear myself saying that!?

Any prospective incoming Promoter at Birmingham will this thread.

• Like 1

I can understand what GiveusaB is saying, this season from the start to when it finished has been a disaster. Any speedway fan would feel pretty fed up with it all, if their club went the same way as ours. EL runners up to bottom of the league before the club folding in less than 12 months

Its not to say I dont want the club to return, of course I do. Hoping for a consortium run club at Premier League level with hopefully a competitive team. Im sure Brummies fans would be looking forward to the 2015 campaign if that were to happen

Edited by Brummie Kev

The Eastbourne fixture was the best meeting I've seen for a very very long time - miss that? I certainly do! despite the thrashings early doors we were treated to some great racing.

I know what you're saying tho and I too am hoping and praying Brum will return in 2015 back in the stable (and trustworthy) hands of Tony Mole. As for which league? - I do prefer top tier racing but if it's a choice between PL racing or no racing then bring on the Northern tour :P

• Like 1

same feeling as you. 37yrs and once you start missing one, priorities change, you always follow it..whenever your mates were goin out, id always say "not me, its race night", but soon as you miss a couple, everthing changes

• Like 1

Shambles season or not they were/are my team and I'd support them home & away - even booked my holidays around meetings so as not to miss any. Roll on next March I say.................

Edited by kitten2502
  • Like 5

i defy anyone who prefer little cardiff to this

Guest GiveusaB

i defy anyone who prefer little cardiff to this

You're right Colin, no comparison as far as the racing goes! I think Cardiff is more about the whole day etc??? It's the build up that makes this event for me!

If Cardiff kicked speedway out, I'm sure fifteen or twenty years after, the same posts from the then older generation will be saying the same thing.

It's rational for anyone to fall out of love with the sport after what we've been through, I'm sure we'll be chomping at the bit to get going again when February rolls around mind.

• Like 2

I hope that for the Fans of the Brummies. That some form of speedway returns for the 2015 season. If it is PL then go there and enjoy it.

It is not much different than watching the EL most of the riders are the same anyway, other than you haven,t got the top GP lads in it. But believe me the racing can be for more exiting to watch. If they do come back next year I just hope that all the old fans base comes back to support them and that they get a good crowd who will grow and keep the Brummies alive for many years to come.

Hope to see you all on the side of the track and filling the stands. It would be to bad if they where lost to speedway again.

I know what it was like when we lost Liecester and now they are back they have a good set of supporters. I wish you all the best of luck. Don't give up hope just yet.

• Like 2

Not missing it?, There's nothing to miss! Here in Swindon, our formerly wonderful club have decided to have their three week summer break. It would be a shame to take advantage of the beautiful hot summer nights and school holidays and actually have some racing wouldn't it!? The days of meetings every Saturday night to packed crowds are a distant memory. It is difficult to maintain interest when racing is so infrequent and so hardly anyone is bothered any more. I want regular teams and matches every week. Prefer Ice Hockey these days.

• Like 5

Same with Coventry. Last Bees meeting was on July 18th and the next one not until August 8th. They still also have to fit in 3 postponed matches against Poole, Eastbourne and Swindon. Probably be racing on a cold 'off night' sometime instead of on warm Summer Friday evenings. Crackers.

• Like 3

Its a strange sport...I, sadly many years ago went ,as a teen & loved it, then came the usual diversions of Music, Sex. Drugs, Rock & Roll, Uni,Work etc., though I would still, look for the Star but never attend, then it's " Take the Kids" time"...&, until "that age" went regularly & enjoyed (until that time when boredom & the awareness of poor races takes over from excitement). Then, post kids, interest, as it It's great sport but now, after enough matches to weaken that initial fun (+ the realisation that NOTHING has changed in the time missed) makes me more of a "Keyboard follower" Great sport .. but NO progress or promotion (e,g. Why does no-one have their (antique) tractors painted in team colours? A tiny thing but it just might show a edge of professionalism that is missing).

Rant over.

Edited by icicle
  • Like 2

Its a strange sport...I, sadly many years ago went ,as a teen & loved it, then came the usual diversions of Music, Sex. Drugs, Rock & Roll, Uni,Work etc., though I would still, look for the Star but never attend, then it's " Take the Kids" time"...&, until "that age" went regularly & enjoyed (until that time when boredom & the awareness of poor races takes over from excitement). Then, post kids, interest, as it It's great sport but now, after enough matches to weaken that initial fun (+ the realisation that NOTHING has changed in the time missed) makes me more of a "Keyboard follower" Great sport .. but NO progress or promotion (e,g. Why does no-one have their (antique) tractors painted in team colours? A tiny thing but it just might show a edge of professionalism that is missing).Rant over.

Sex never got in the way of speedway - not at 7.30pm on a Saturday at Brandon, hive of the Bees and speedway's Cheerful Centre!

• Like 1