British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Berwick (ko-cup-2nd Leg) 25/7/14 @ 7.30pm

And after a 67 -23 win why not? ;) It's great being smug ;)As opposed to knowing the winner after the second bend, lap one at berwick? I've only managed a few meetings at Armadale this year but there's been decent races every time, the Worky one rings a bell, the score that night did not reflect how close the racing was

Being a regular to Berwick you'll be well placed to make an informed opinion of how the racing is there?

OK, been a bit Smug with my replies, but that is a shocker from Berwick - with Harrison and Wethers they should have nearly 20 points, they know the track better than any Monarch apart from Derek. Missing Kus who scores next to nowt is no excuse, Claus struggled all year at the Dale.

Thankfully most peeps realise this is an exceptional Monarchs team and appreciate that. Plenty good racing at Armadale despite the heavy home scores - teams need to have a go - ask Peterborough for advice!!!

OK, been a bit Smug with my replies, but that is a shocker from Berwick - with Harrison and Wethers they should have nearly 20 points, they know the track better than any Monarch apart from Derek. Missing Kus who scores next to nowt is no excuse, Claus struggled all year at the Dale.Thankfully most peeps realise this is an exceptional Monarchs team and appreciate that. Plenty good racing at Armadale despite the heavy home scores - teams need to have a go - ask Peterborough for advice!!!

Berwick were beyond shocking, no excuses. Loads of Dale experience in that line up so report card must do better, what annoys me is that Edinburgh ride Berwick better than Berwick rides Armadale

Being a regular to Berwick you'll be well placed to make an informed opinion of how the racing is there?

There was a time a few years ago I was down about 10 times in the year, when Hull won the league - some good meetings - normally v teams with a similar track. I think you need to look at how easy it is to pass at a track, was it wednesday that no-one could pass Fox? Kus?? Heat 12 That says poor racing track - tonight's result seems to be Bandits being very poor/Monarchs being good rather than the track.

I stopped going to Worky when the racing line decreased to a 6 inch strip. In fairness, on a small track like Edin you are going to see closer racing, on a large track it will be strung out. We all have our preferences, Bgydgyscoh (sp) would do for me!!

Edited by DavyH

Difference between the two meetings was that the FTG on Wednesday was a poor track, and the FTG tonight was that the bandits as a team were poor. If they had been better, it would have been a good meeting.

Typical blinkered opinion

Berwick were beyond shocking, no excuses. Loads of Dale experience in that line up so report card must do better, what annoys me is that Edinburgh ride Berwick better than Berwick rides Armadale

As you say all of the Berwick riders should have done enough laps round Edinburgh by now to be able to work the place out, at least as professional sportsman you would've thought that would be the case, what makes it worse is we have two ex-Edinburgh riders in our team. The Berwick riders need to get their heads around Armadale, no one expects us to go up there and win but its not much to ask that we put on better showings than last night......is it.

• Like 3

As you say all of the Berwick riders should have done enough laps round Edinburgh by now to be able to work the place out, at least as professional sportsman you would've thought that would be the case, what makes it worse is we have two ex-Edinburgh riders in our team. The Berwick riders need to get their heads around Armadale, no one expects us to go up there and win but its not much to ask that we put on better showings than last night......is it.

The Bandits had a shocking record at Rye House, similar to that at Armadump, but you seemed to have worked it out in recent years, helped by a shocking decline in the Rockets side. I'm expecting you to win at our place

Nice to see a good performance from Sam Masters after his match winning performance at Sheffield the night before.

Nice to see a good performance from Sam Masters after his match winning performance at Sheffield the night before.

Announced numerous times last night as "the smiliest man in British Speedway". I don't s'pose many Tigers fans were smiling at that awful performance on Thursday. As a recent PLRC winner you'd think he'd be able to negotiate the track

It is nice that you acknowledge the points he scored was the difference between Sheffield winning, or losing.

Announced numerous times last night as "the smiliest man in British Speedway". I don't s'pose many Tigers fans were smiling at that awful performance on Thursday. As a recent PLRC winner you'd think he'd be able to negotiate the track

Yep not the most popular especially after riding Sheffield twice this season and winning 5 out of the 8 races he raced.

Mind you the lad does have a lovely smile, maybe Colgate could sponsor him.

It is nice that you acknowledge the points he scored was the difference between Sheffield winning, or losing.

Or the difference between 2 & 3 league points Edited by Shadders

Yeah 3 points from 5 rides, really made all the difference.

Or the difference between 2 & 3 league points

I think the fact he had a bad crash would indicate that he was trying, and not just trundling around.

Man and machine were apparently in a bit of a mess when they left Owlerton, and I would hazard a guess that the cost of repairs would have made it a loss making night for Sam, but don't let any of that get in the way of having a dig

Edited by Blacksmith

I think the fact he had a bad crash would indicate that he was trying, and not just trundling around.

Man and machine were apparently in a bit of a mess when they left Owlerton, and I would hazard a guess that the cost of repairs would have made it a loss making night for Sam, but don't let any of that get in the way of having a dig

It's never bothered me in the past Edited by Shadders