British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Berwick (ko-cup-2nd Leg) 25/7/14 @ 7.30pm

Typical blinkered opinion

But are you surprised.

It is nice that you acknowledge the points he scored was the difference between Sheffield winning, or losing.

yes it was his 3 points that made the difference jeez.

The trouble is here you can count on one hand the cockiness of the Edinburgh. True speedway fans dont mock and jest at other clubs yet can still enjoy thier side.

Unfortunatly the same select few are turning neutrals against the side

The trouble is here you can count on one hand the cockiness of the Edinburgh. True speedway fans dont mock and jest at other clubs yet can still enjoy thier side.

I have always found Edinburgh fans a great bunch of people, I am a little envious of the team they have assembled however. Although I don't believe them to be smug, they have good grounds to be smug.

• Like 6

I have always found Edinburgh fans a great bunch of people, I am a little envious of the team they have assembled however. Although I don't believe them to be smug, they have good grounds to be smug.

Damn right they have, instead of hurling insults towards the Monarchs it might be an idea if some clubs supporters were asking them why aren't we looking at what Edinburgh are doing to be so successful and applying it to their own teams.

• Like 2

Spin King pointed out that Sam was the match winner, I merely pointed out that it was nice for him to acknowledge the fact .

He had a bad crash, and wrecked his bike , so it was hardly as though he wasn't trying .

Edinburgh booked a shocking guest last season, and I aired my displeasure to John Campbell, and Brian Gray (Edinburgh directors ) on my entry to the stadium on the night . I am sure he tried his best, and it wasn't his fault he was booked, but he was awful. I certainly wouldn't go on his own teams forum if he had a good score his next match, to have a dig at him.

Is it being smug defending one of my teams riders, that despite the occasional low score, always gives 100%?

Edited by Blacksmith

Damn right they have, instead of hurling insults towards the Monarchs it might be an idea if some clubs supporters were asking them why aren't we looking at what Edinburgh are doing to be so successful and applying it to their own teams.

Don't remember any insult's a lot of banter but can't see were the insult's are or maybe the definition on insult is seen differently from person to person and anyway enough of sticking up for them or they will be gloating even more but you are correct they are a really good team just wish they would assemble a really crap one for a change .

You met the ones down the chemist with there script yet, no didn't think so ;) .

• Like 2

Don't remember any insult's a lot of banter but can't see were the insult's are or maybe the definition on insult is seen differently from person to person and anyway enough of sticking up for them or they will be gloating even more but you are correct they are a really good team just wish they would assemble a really crap one for a change .

You met the ones down the chemist with there script yet, no didn't think so ;) .

Got them at Berwick aswell, been trying to get our Beat Officer, for them to collect their script off a dispensing raft in the middle of the Tweed ;)

Berwick is just a gaters track full stop, and always has been, even going back the 20 odd years I've been going there, and most if not all riders will tell you.......if they are being honest

Got them at Berwick aswell, been trying to get our Beat Officer, for them to collect their script off a dispensing raft in the middle of the Tweed ;)

I don't think I have ever seen anything like that in Glasgow , in fact now that I think about it......... ;-)

Berwick is just a gaters track full stop, and always has been, even going back the 20 odd years I've been going there, and most if not all riders will tell you.......if they are being honest

And Armadale is a true racers track isnt it 😳, all the worlds top riders have it top of there priority list to master the place....

• Like 1

Well you aint been going to Shielfield for 20 odd years then if you had you would have seen some great passing by the likes of scud,lee. Adrian.michal, to name a few oh and on top of that we haven't been back at shielfield for 20 odd years

• Like 1

I have seen some good racing at Shielfield over the years, but my two visits this year have witnessed almost zero passing after the sort out on the first half lap, or so.

The track can produce good racing, so it would seem it is the preparation that is letting it down

Edited by Blacksmith

I don't think I have ever seen anything like that in Glasgow , in fact now that I think about it......... ;-)

No you won't see them in Glasgow there all out there nuts to even consider queueing at the chemist .

• Like 1