British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 1 King's Lynn 26/07/14

If there was nothing wrong with the track why could the World Champion and current GP leader not make an inch on a rookie Premier league rider (Manzares) Suppose if your happy with that quality of racing, then every things ok. Must admit I expected a lot more,maybe I expected too much ! Watching on TV it was pretty mundane !

Didn't really take notice of the track on Saturday. But asking the question, why the World Champion couldn't pass Manzares... I believe Tai has been struggling on various British tracks all year, as his disappointing average suggests.

Am I right in saying it wasnt only Darcy affected by a red light on that corner - didnt one of the yanks also stop because he saw one?

and I agree with Keepturningleft - the centre green was a disgrace, as he said, looked rather industrial. I understand its a stock car track as well but an effort could have been made to do something with it.

Edited by OveFundinFan

Whatever happened to nicely appointed centre greens? The place looked drab and industrial with that vast expanse of greyness in the middle.

It was concreted over in the winter of 2005 to allow other events such as concerts, drifting, go karting etc to take place. Should imagine it makes track maintenance easier too with all the speedway, stocks & bangers which are held there.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

The racing was poor because the difference of standard of riders in each heat, not necessarily because of the track. It's no surprise the best heats were the ones where Covatti was racing as he was at least competitive unlike the other Italians.

• Like 1

The racing was poor because the difference of standard of riders in each heat, not necessarily because of the track. It's no surprise the best heats were the ones where Covatti was racing as he was at least competitive unlike the other Italians.

absolutly spot on though there are still people who think that the track was awful.

as i say put 4 riders of equal ability and you would have good racing at Lynn

• Like 1

absolutly spot on though there are still people who think that the track was awful.

Been to Lynn 4 times this year, and it's not been very good racing tbh...

Its not been great for two or three seasons now.....up to 2002 in the top division it was one of the best racetracks in the country but it was never great in the PL with a lower standard of rider and although 2011 in the EL was very good in terms if racing its not been great since. The track prep is good but perhaps the shale is more suited to cars than bikes?

There was a race with Greg, Woffy, and Darcy, they were close together all race. Proves the point.

• Like 1

Wouldn't say the track was awful, just not much overtaking which has been the case for several years, my own opinion is that they should consider Peterborough for next year.

• Like 5

I saw a post on Facebook yesterday in the Speedway Friends Group's page showing the red light - scroll down to the photo of the GB Team taking their victory lap with Tai standing on top of the Monster Truck's roof if you wish to have a look.

Also on Davey Watts and Chris Holders Twitter. That clown should be banned indefinately, and his boatrace circulated round every track.

mate you must realise by now that Starman doesnt post facts just rambles on and even when presented with the facts as myself and you just have we still wont get a reasoned response.

The fact is GB didnt get lucky we beat 2 of the teams that beat us last year.

Except this year we had a manager who could actually pick the right riders and motivate them.

Come on Starman for once take your Poole hat off, stop making yourself look stupid, and admit Rosco has done better than Middlo. I wont hold my breath!

As i said and i will repeat. Rosco got lucky with a weakened and under par Aussie side. If, Team GB finish runners up on Saturday then i will take my hat off to Rosco and shake his hand next wednesday and say well done. But, i will give Simon Stead his due, he rode very well, and probably caught 99.9% of people out, if, they was truthful, which is something you don't get on this forum...

Its not been great for two or three seasons now.....up to 2002 in the top division it was one of the best racetracks in the country but it was never great in the PL with a lower standard of rider and although 2011 in the EL was very good in terms if racing its not been great since. The track prep is good but perhaps the shale is more suited to cars than bikes?

At least in the PL the riders used to do cutbacks in turn 2, they rarely attempt them now, it's usually the outside run they attempt now.

.....Starman2006......Also on Davey Watts and Chris Holders Twitter. That clown should be banned indefinately, and his boatrace circulated round every track.

If you can see his face to circulate round every track you're cleverer than me. :lol:

Well I thought it was a decent meeting. As is often the case in the early stages of the SWC, the racing isnt great as it tends to be un even quality wise, but the scores stay close which keeps it intersting. Hats off to team GB, they rode their luck but still they deserved their win. Steady and Danny King rode above themselves, especially in the first half of the meeting, really set the tone. Also well done bomber, started poorly and kept plugging away. As for the Aussies, no Holder obviosuly didnt help but Woodward was great for them last year & was unlucky. Shoulda had 5 points after his first 2 rides but bad luck meant he was on a big fat zero. Ward had an off night and as has been previously mentioned, he's all smiles when it's going well and a spoilt bratt when it's not. As someone said earlier, it's not like a load of people woke up one day and said he's a pratt, it's because of what he's done and how he conducts himself. That being said, he's a tremendous talent on a motorcycle, but it's not unusual for a great sportsman to be a not nice person.

Great performance by the yanks, Gino & Max were an absolute credit to themselves, and Grin is just a freak of nature.

Shame the Russian Federation dont care about the sport because if they had a full strength team there Saturday this thread would look very different!

Good luck to all left in the competion.

If you can see his face to circulate round every track you're cleverer than me. :lol:

True, but somebody must know who he/she is..

Well done GB, enjoyed watching it on the box, although don't think the atmosphere came through as well as it could.

Quite a few on this forum admitting they got their predictions wrong, and now a number saying they haven't much hope in the final. Never say never. The format also means that just one or two good heat results can get you right back in it.