British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 1 King's Lynn 26/07/14

Im surprised rosco hasnt had much flak for leaving cook out as middlo got alot of flak for dropping him

Problem was his replacement was awful in the race off, might as well have left Cook in. The main problem was picking Kennett who has always been poor at Lynn. Rosco has picked the four best horses for the course tonight, Cook can possibly count himself a little unfortunate but his time will come once he spreads his wings.

Problem was his replacement was awful in the race off, might as well have left Cook in. The main problem was picking Kennett who has always been poor at Lynn. Rosco has picked the four best horses for the course tonight, Cook can possibly count himself a little unfortunate but his time will come once he spreads his wings.

Cooks time will never come he isnt good enough, agree picking kennett was a bad decision, king is far better, just hope im going to a good meeting which it usually is.

Im surprised rosco hasnt had much flak for leaving cook out as middlo got alot of flak for dropping him

Middlo was tactically inept we know that, and he picked Kennett for christs sake! He picked Cook who didnt do the business at Lynn, Rosco noted Cook isnt great at Lynn and went for a 'horses for courses' policy.

Granted i wouldnt have had Stead but definatly not Cook at Lynn.

No one is moaning about Cook not riding because it is the correct choice

Middlo was tactically inept we know that, and he picked Kennett for christs sake! He picked Cook who didnt do the business at Lynn, Rosco noted Cook isnt great at Lynn and went for a 'horses for courses' policy.

Granted i wouldnt have had Stead but definatly not Cook at Lynn.

No one is moaning about Cook not riding because it is the correct choice

Middlo still puzzling sometimes but we love him I said at the time king should have rode but had no problem with dropping cook

Yeh, but Rosco doesn't manage Poole !!!

and the paranoia kicks in! If you think Kennett was a good choice or that Bridger and Barker were right for the race off then you are way off the mark.

but no you are right its anti poole lol

Nothing to do with poole then!! If holder cant make I would have thought schlein would be the choice

would that be the Schlein that like Nicholls has 'retired' from internationals? Facts first please

Thats good then king miles better than cook or stead

He didnt deserve the flak, cook deserved to be dropped

lo he totally deserved the flak! Cook wasnt dropped for Kennett!

It's been confirmed no Holder tonight. Good chance for GB to make the final but Id still have the Aussies as slight favourites.

It's a sad state of affairs when we have to hope the opposition riders drop out to give us a chance to progress on home shale.

2nd probably best we can hope for but you never know the lads might just surprise their critics and win.

I do hope so and best of luck to the GB quartet also hope for a good close meeting with all 16 going home in the same condition they turned up in :)

Cook can possibly count himself a little unfortunate but his time will come once he spreads his wings.

I agree. Staying in the Premier League is not making him improve.

• Like 1

Rossco originally had cook in his 4 before Cardiff after persuading cook to ride in the world cup because he didn't want to as his form was poor. He then decided to change his mind After Cardiff and bring in king instead of cook after seeing him not do to well that night.

The Lions will finish 3rd tonight! We were shocking last year and only see it happening again!

Woffinden >= Ward

King >= Woodward

Harris =< Batchelor

Stead =< Doyle

Pretty well balanced teams. Will be close for sure. Expecting great battle!

And in the real world we will be fighting for 3rd place.

Better to have put Lambert and Kerr in as cant see either King or Stead scoring that many.

I really hope they prove me wrong but just cant see it.

The other teams will be more fired up.

In saying that GO TEAM GB!

Thats good then king miles better than cook or stead

Miles better, hardly!

King currently sits on 6.93.

Cook is STILL ahead on 7.01

Stead is 6.14.

Even Barker on 6.11 and Bridger on 6.48 aren't MILES behind him either.

King has a better pedigree in the SWC but he is in no way miles ahead of the others.

And in the real world we will be fighting for 3rd place.

Better to have put Lambert and Kerr in as cant see either King or Stead scoring that many.

I really hope they prove me wrong but just cant see it.

The other teams will be more fired up.

In saying that GO TEAM GB!

Miles better, hardly!

King currently sits on 6.93.

Cook is STILL ahead on 7.01

Stead is 6.14.

Even Barker on 6.11 and Bridger on 6.48 aren't MILES behind him either.

King has a better pedigree in the SWC but he is in no way miles ahead of the others.

I believe the drop down to the PL has done King the world of good based on what i saw last friday at Somerset. If he rides tonight like i saw last week, he will score points..

King and Stead should be beating all of the Italians and all of the Americans bar Hancock at the very least so ought to be around the double figure mark. If they are decent out of the start tonight then beating Bachelor, Doyle and Woodward shouldn't be beyond them either.

If Tai & Bomber do their jobs and we dont encounter too much bad luck we can win this IMO.

• Like 2

I believe the drop down to the PL has done King the world of good based on what i saw last friday at Somerset. If he rides tonight like i saw last week, he will score points..

Was dreadful when guesting for Wolves a few weeks back.

King and Stead should be beating all of the Italians and all of the Americans bar Hancock

SHOULD, but i believe they will struggle.