British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Scottish Open 2014 (edinburgh) 1/8/14 @ 7.15pm

Well it's that time of year again when we have a little change from normal league racing to run the Scottish Open. Craig Cook will be looking to defend his title in what looks an evenly matched field. We also welcome home wee Joe Tabaka making his return to the Dale for the first time since his horrible crash at last years play-off final.

A few changes to the original line up with Jason Garrity coming to replace Lewis Blackbird and Stuart Robson who is coming in for Rene Bach who can no longer make it due to personal reasons.

Fridays line up:

1. Jason Garrity
  2. Sam Masters
  3. Josh Grajczonek
  4. Max Fricke
  5. To be confirmed
  6. Craig Cook
  7. Justin Sedgmen
  8. Aaron Fox
  9. Theo Pijper
  10. Jozsef Tabaka
  11. Kevin Wolbert
  12. Ulrich Ostergaard
  13. Aaron Summers
  14. Stevie Worrall
  15. Derek Sneddon
  16. Stuart Robson

I think the days are numbered for the Scortish Open.

Not so long ago it would have been a top class field.

Giving it a miss this year due to the poor line up.

Edited by Blacksmith
  • Like 2

I was a bit disappointed with the line-up as well to be fair. Although I do think it looks fairly even with a few interesting heats!

I was a bit disappointed with the line-up as well to be fair. Although I do think it looks fairly even with a few interesting heats!

It used to be mainly other teams number 1's, the odd Elite League rider, and newcomer from abroad.

This year it is Monarchs past and present with a couple of guests, waiting for r/r to be announced at number 5!!!!!

I would fancy this years Monarchs to beat the best 7 from the other 9 competing.

As I said, I think it's days are numbered

Edited by Blacksmith

Can't wait for Garrity vs Sneddon part 2 :)

I would rather be looking forward to the Monarchs top riders taking on riders like Scott Nicholls, Robert Lambert, and other EL 2nd strings, than riders like Jason Garrity.

For a meeting which has everything sponsored to the hilt (although it doesn't seem full yet at this late stage) it really is a poor line up .

Looks like an easy win for Cook

I don't know what people were expecting it's pretty simple we can't afford to pay top dollar for the bigger names who have no interest in travelling this far north for pennies.

• Like 2

I don't know what people were expecting it's pretty simple we can't afford to pay top dollar for the bigger names who have no interest in travelling this far north for pennies.

Can you remember when the Scottish Open was a top quality line up, because I can .

Surely if a decent field can't be attracted any more It would be better to scrap it altogether, than run it in such a sorry state.

A league match would have been a much better option for Friday

Edited by Blacksmith

Based on past experience the on track efforts don't match the off track attractions the promotion put on unfortunately.

Used to bring my wee one as she loved it. But meeting takes too long to run, too many gaps between heats, and racing quality tends to deteriorate. I'll give it a miss.

• Like 1

Based on past experience the on track efforts don't match the off track attractions the promotion put on unfortunately.

Used to bring my wee one as she loved it. But meeting takes too long to run, too many gaps between heats, and racing quality tends to deteriorate. I'll give it a miss.

me and my pals total 4 notbody fancy going . but we,ll be at the next match against n,cas diams, hope the open is a good night for everyone but its not for us sorry

edinburgh are having to make cutbacks due to the amount of cash they are having to fork out to their riders in a successful 2014 season. all those points have to be paid for and it looks like a money saving meeting. but hey, wish our team was like head in bra,s..

I thought that was why they had sponsors for the meeting , heats & riders
  • Like 2

Agreed , these individual meetings aren't worth shelling out for

• Like 3

Personally, I think 22 heats of speedway for £15 is excellent value for money but no-one twists your arm to attend! If you don't want to be there that's your prerogative.