British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

World Cup Final 2nd August 2014

Sorry who did the Us leave out to give Ruml a go ?

He still got a go though and he will of learned an awful lot why was Lambert not given a go?
  • Like 1

Tonight proved more than ever that we need to get our riders appearing abroad a lot more than they are now. Stead and King looked very naive at times but I feel for them, not their fault they are among the best four available and its not Rosco's fault either. Hopefully the five year plan involves our youngsters riding on the continent and that Rosco gets more support from the BSPA than Rob did.

Exactly. We've let our riders stay in the comfort zone for too long now. How is bullying riders in the PL going to improve the likes of King, Stead, Barker and Garrity?

Sadly, when you have people like Len Silver saying hes "quite content" with the state of British Speedway, then what chance do you have though?

Exactly. We've allowed our riders to get in the comfort zone. What exactly is Danny King going to learn by bullying riders in the PL? It almost seems as if the BSPA actively discourage our riders from going overseas.

And when you have the likes of Len Silver saying he's "content" with the state of British Speedway, then you don't hold out hope of things changing soon.

As for the meeting fantastic last heat from Puk, top class. Feel a little for Poland but thems the rules. Australia disappointing apart from the excellent Doyle. Danes really ought to have picked MJJ but really pleased for Mads.

Edited by mb1990

You are one of those like Gavan who will never let it drop totally anti Poole, fourth today but a totally outclassed fourth another year wasted.

Not anti Poole ..People said even with this line up we could do better and we did the fact is with Middlo in charge with started coming behind the us and Latvia .

Sorry who did the Us leave out to give Ruml a go ?

Just replied to SCB who makes the same (valid) point as yourself.

Very enjoyable meeting, tremendous last ride from Iversen, however the fact that the joker was used, and in real money the Poles scored more points, meant the the victory was a little hollow for me. Yes thems the rules as its been pointed out, and all the teams knew them before they started, however major meetings are being decided too often by the use of this rule for my liking and it seriously needs looking at.

As for Roscoe, I guess his remit for the year was to make the final which he achived, and would guess that would be the case for the next couple of years, the big challenge is to bring through the talent to support Tai and start pushing for a rostrum place and above.

Edited by Seymour Dix

Did you not exspect to put up a bold show at Kings Lynn? i did no Holder and some of the other riders border lining on no more than PL ability.

I expected a 3rd place as per our usual efforts. Rosco raised the boys and they rose to the challenge.

No one, it was forced on them of course. The point being that next time Ruml will have more of an idea of what's required. He may do no better but at least they're trying to plot a way forward, albeit by accident. We meanwhile plod along with the tried and failed.

So what is your point then ? The Bottom line is given the choice the Us would have picked there best side the same as team GB .So the us were not looking forward at all

Stead and King should never have been in the team, they`re elite riders on their way down into the premier league..How can the experience gained by King and Stead be of any value ? A chance to blood some up and coming GB riders has been lost.

• Like 2

Not anti Poole ..People said even with this line up we could do better and we did the fact is with Middlo in charge with started coming behind the us and Latvia .

Do you think we did better today? do you think that was an improvement for me we are light years behind and unless someone has a magic wand there is not a quick fix.Thats why i applaud the USA,s stance things still might not happen for them but there is a longterm plan they are trying and good luck to them.
  • Like 1

He still got a go though and he will of learned an awful lot why was Lambert not given a go?

There we go. :t: Lambert, Kerr or Blackbird, makes no difference. I don't get it, I really don't. Folks on here scream for the young Brits to be given a chance to progress yet when the opportunity arises it's missed. Astonished.

I expected a 3rd place as per our usual efforts. Rosco raised the boys and they rose to the challenge.

Easily pleased then saying that you always keep hyping the very average EL product that you keep telling us is in great shape.
  • Like 1

Stead and King should never have been in the team, they`re elite riders on their way down into the premier league..How can the experience gained by King and Stead be of any value ? A chance to blood some up and coming GB riders has been lost.

Agree entirely. The probem we have is that rules like doubling up have allowed too many of our riders to get in comfort zone. How exactly are people like Danny King going to learn and improve by bullying riders in the Premier League?

The BSPA is facing a simple choice, adapt or die. Sadly, when you have people like Len Silver saying that he's "quite content with British Speedway at the moment", then what chance do you have?

• Like 3

Do you think we did better today? do you think that was an improvement for me we are light years behind and unless someone has a magic wand there is not a quick fix.Thats why i applaud the USA,s stance things still might not happen for them but there is a longterm plan they are trying and good luck to them.

Sorry what is the us plan ? of Course there was improvement as we got into the final for the first time in years ....not hard to figure out that 4th is a lot better than 7th