British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

World Cup Final 2nd August 2014

Poland have "always" had large crowds but this year most of the Polish GPs+SWC have had poor crowds.

The conflict between BSI and One sport have probably something do with although it probably isn't the entire reason.

Don't let Phil Rising here you say that !

Work it out mate, look at the scores, its not hard..

we got the most?? What's lucky about that??
  • Like 1

Work it out mate, look at the scores, its not hard..

Starman, you're a betting man. When you looked at the 4 teams did you not think, Group class, Group class, Group class and selling plater?

That was the gulf in quality. It's about class.

We had 1 rider that would have got in all the other sides. Every other rider would have got in ours!

• Like 2

I think you are under selling Lambert's ability, i believe he would of been competetive also what he could of learned from being around the likes of Tai you can't buy that exsperience.

My only issue with using Lambert is he was poor in the Under 21 SWC semi-final.

Great point .

Yep, and we didn't score many more tonight!!

I would like to congratulate the Danish team manager, as he obviously won the World cup, nothing whatsever to do with the riders, that is judging by the general comments made here

My only issue with using Lambert is he was poor in the Under 21 SWC semi-final.

Great experience for him though, will bring him on leaps and bounds.

so by logic on here he will go unbeaten in it next year. :)

Starman, you're a betting man. When you looked at the 4 teams did you not think, Group class, Group class, Group class and selling plater?

That was the gulf in quality. It's about class.

We had 1 rider that would have got in all the other sides. Every other rider would have got in ours!

In Denmark Poland and Australia, all group 1 class, in Team GB, id give them all 0-90 handicappers who's marks are still far to high.., Bar Tai who is Group 1 class. Problem is mate, how do you change that, in the long term you won't. Unless, as everybody on here has said, and the powers that be somehow don't seem to be able to grasp the system changes. The idea of the Draft system is good, in principal, but its not been thought out properly and should have been started 15 year ago. How many Teams could the aformentioned put out, and still walk all over us?

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

Great experience for him though, will bring him on leaps and bounds.

so by logic on here he will go unbeaten in it next year. :)

Be positive god you would have the likes of Stead riding for England in ten years time we have someone half decent yet you don't support him amazing really.

At the end of the day, no matter what 4 we tracked, even including an over the hill Scott Nicholls...we would have been a distant last... It was an achievement in getting there in the first place....

• Like 1

If Robert Lambert was to ride next year for Team GB in Poland he would probably end up getting lapped by legends and World Champions.

Right this is from a bloke who says he goes to the abbey most weeks? ? ? i am very suspicious.
  • Like 1

Be positive god you would have the likes of Stead riding for England in ten years time we have someone half decent yet you don't support him amazing really.

of course I would support him??

You are one of those like Gavan who will never let it drop totally anti Poole, fourth today but a totally outclassed fourth another year wasted.

what a pathetic response! Rosco did better than Middlo FACT!!! Now run along

• Like 2

Jesus.. He comes all the negativity again!!!!

A weeks ago 90% of people were praising rosco and the team for the result at KL and reaching the final, which was an achievement in itself. A week later, like expected, we struggled in a final full of some of the best riders in the world. Some fans need to realise that GB are not as good as 15/20 years ago!

I'm proud of our boys, yes we struggled tonight but even being in the final was an achievement (which a lot of fans were saying after last Saturday). We didn't embarrass ourselves at all, we tried our best and that's all that can ask for. I think tonight proves we do need to try the youngsters BUT stead and king deserved their chance in the final no matter what anyone says, for their great performance at Lynn. Rosco has given us a better result than last season, he can now build on that. He's right about the test matches etc, and I think he'll definitely follow through with that, just depends if the BSPA are willing or not.

I'm fed up of the negativity and drivel I see people write. Get behind your country, or what's the point in supporting them? I've always said, moaning about things gets you no where, it's about staying positive through the tough times that will help us succeed, not moaning at every thing that happens. Who wants to make a change to things when all they would do is receive in criticism?!

One final thing, Tai Woffinden is British! If he wanted to be an Australian he would of not rode for team GB and he wouldn't ride in the British final. He has won it twice, and said countless times how much it means to him to win it. Put it this way, if you were born In England and spoke English but moved to Spain and spent years living their, would you class yourself as Spanish or English?

• Like 3

I am not going to get into a silly argument here. Just join in with the convo and stop with the silly KKS suggestions. I am asking you politely

As to your reply can you see Lambert being competitive against Hancock Nicki P Ward Hampel?

I can see him being competetive against the likes of Manzares,ect) don't you?and to be honest i couldn't care less if you were Rolf Harris or KKS