British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

World Cup Final 2nd August 2014

Steady will have his special AshTech underneath him so I'm not too worried about him. Good gater & I believe a very good rider. Woffy will will be Woffy. I'm more concerned about the standards of King & Harris. Harris especially who on big tracks in the GP's has looked like a snail. Let's hope that riding for our Nation gives them something extra. A medal is up for grabs and we're good enough to take it but everyone has to be on it. No passengers.

I think Stead will do ok especially early on. I think I'm right in say the outside gate was decent early on and Stead is on that. I'm also a bit concerned about Bomber at Bydgoszcz (sp) but he always performs for GB. We have picked the best 4 for a big track and although we are likely to be 4th I think we will certainly be competitive. If Tai does a Hancock then who knows?

Should be a tight affair as Poland & Denmark aren't as strong as in previous years so all up for grabs.

A good night for Chris & Darcy should see them very close unless Troy & Jason have mares.

Hope so, i got 10-1 before the play off but i have a feeling Poland will win, not easy maybe but still win, if you look at the polish riders averages the polish team looks very strong and Protasewicz is absolutely flying this season but he has the ability to mess up sometimes so there is hope but i think every team has a rider who could either be brilliant or have a mare.

http://www.monsterenergyswc.com/news/article/3549/swc/poles-relish-swc-pressure

How come "Team Jensen" (MJJ, MBJ, etc) have fallen out of favour with the Danish authorities?

They have not fallen out of favour.

MJJ have been injured and his form is not very good at the moment, the same goes for Mikkel Bech who have been struggling all year in finding his form.

Steady will have his special AshTech underneath him so I'm not too worried about him. Good gater & I believe a very good rider. Woffy will will be Woffy. I'm more concerned about the standards of King & Harris. Harris especially who on big tracks in the GP's has looked like a snail. Let's hope that riding for our Nation gives them something extra. A medal is up for grabs and we're good enough to take it but everyone has to be on it. No passengers.

Unfortunately for Stead it isn't a track that's heavily reliant on gating, so i think he will struggle, King and harris have always been ok on big tracks, King used to ride for Peterborough so don't see that being a problem.

Steady rides for Sheffield, which is a big fast track so hope he does OK.

Edited by Hel'n'Back
  • Like 1

Will go for an Aussie win narrowly over Poles, then GB, then Danes. Good to see 5 members of the 2012 Champions Swindon Robins, Andersen, Batch, Killer, Doyley, Steady, plus ex-Robin Korneliussen in action. Well done to Swindonian Rosco for his achievement.

GO GB!!!

Edited by keef van cross

I dont think there is any chance of us getting a medal but the boys and the manager deserve so much credit getting us there.

Looking at the line ups i think the aussies are good value. Cant quite understand Mads being 1 of the best 4 danes. A good rider but destined to be the weak link maybe like Doyle for the Aussies.

With Poland depends on which Hampel and Kasprzak turn up. If its the Kasprzak from the gp here then the Poles will be favourites.

We will do well to get within 10 points of 3rd place. We have one and a half gp riders , the aussies 3 and the Danes 2

• Like 1

I dont think there is any chance of us getting a medal but the boys and the manager deserve so much credit getting us there.

Looking at the line ups i think the aussies are good value. Cant quite understand Mads being 1 of the best 4 danes. A good rider but destined to be the weak link maybe like Doyle for the Aussies.

With Poland depends on which Hampel and Kasprzak turn up. If its the Kasprzak from the gp here then the Poles will be favourites.

We will do well to get within 10 points of 3rd place. We have one and a half gp riders , the aussies 3 and the Danes 2

i think KK is riding better now, Hampel must be a worry as his gp form this year hasn't been all that good but overall they should win,our chances of a medal probably hinge on when we use Tai's tac ride.

Can see it finishing;

1) Poland 2) Denmark 3) Australia 4) GB.

Sorry cannot see anyway GB will get a medal.

Then again what do I know. :t:

Steady rides for Sheffield, which is a big fast track so hope he does OK.

Not against this quality of rider he doesn't, if he gets 4 points he will have done well.

If we get a good solid start we will have belief and could just be in there at the end. If we make our usual start and trail the pack i think we will finish there. Think we should of put woofy out first and hopefully got a winning start but we havent so lets hope steady can put in a win. Anyway i got 100-1 on gb win before kings lynn so good luck to GB ,i will be screaming at the tv for you

Well, I'm going to buck the trend and say we could get a medal here. If they show the fire power and grit they did last week I don't see why not... :t:

• Like 2

Stead did have a brief spell riding for Polonia Bydgoszcz in 2008 and he must be full of confidence after Saturday night, if Tai can do what Hancock did at the Race Off we could be in with a massive shout.

• Like 1

They have not fallen out of favour.

MJJ have been injured and his form is not very good at the moment, the same goes for Mikkel Bech who have been struggling all year in finding his form.

2 GP Semi-finals back to back.

Everybody suggesting we will finish 4th. I think we are capable of hitting the podium above the Aussies. No idea how some people are suggesting they will win the final, I don't see that at all. Got to be Poland, then Denmark, after that I think Team GB do have a chance.

• Like 1