British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

Redcar V Berwick (pl) August 7

Really enjoyed my first visit to Redcar, decent track that provides flat out racing. Berwick really were a cut above throughout tonight, with Jensen and Bellego particularly good and Kus carrying on his good form. Why Jensen was excluded in ht15 was beyond me as he clearly didnt touch summera, he just passed him. Nice to see Edberg looking good, hopefully he can regain confidence and score well. Weathers form continues to be a worry if Berwick are to do anything in the play offs.

Rest assured unless Berwick would have a sick note they would not have had a guest that night. Stop complaining about your team and its in past, why bring it up again.

Quite agree, if you looked at the post I was answering all would've become clear, its the rule that allows guests willy and indeed nilly that's the problem not what Berwick, or any other club do with it.

Another good away win for Berwick, away wins are becoming quite a habit this season, we now have three home meetings in a week, all toughies, but three home win will go along win to securing a play-off place.

Redcar I feel have had a decent season considering they miss there Number One when Redcar and Lakeside race on the same night

It also doesn't help when in essence when Havelock repaced Kozza Smith with Konopka an 8 point man for a sub 3 point rider?

As for the Bandits impressive Vissing scoring 2, he would have had 14 there the last time had it not been for a EF.

Edited by BeastfromtheEast

Bears were out gated, out fought and out ridden, some hard 1st bends which Berwick won! Berwick fully deserved their win. Edberg was lucky to not be excluded in heat 2, clearly hit Konopka, but would have had little effect on the final result.

Well done to Berwick - by far the best team on the night and only Summers kept us in the meeting.

However If I were a Bandits fan I would be disappointed with the result as 4 points were easily available, Vissing and Wethers very poor and team manager abysmal, obvious to everyone Kus should have had 7 rides and Jensen/Bellego 5 each. Extra point may not be crucial, but who knows?? Certainly when Bandits face tougher opposition they need their troops marshalling with much better efficiency.

Good Luck to Bandits for the play offs - lets keep the power in the North :D

• Like 4

Kus should have had 7 rides and Jensen/Bellego 5 each.

Er, Jensen did have five rides! Kus probably the correct choice of Bellego for Heat 15.

Can`t help but be impressed with the way this Berwick team have done this season, --fair play to them

Edited by montie
  • Like 2

Er, Jensen did have five rides! Kus probably the correct choice of Bellego for Heat 15.

Yes - the point I was making was that Kus should have had 7 rides before heat 15 & then use Jensen & Bellego

• Like 2

6 point scoring riders... that's the secret to our success

If all 7 are 6 pointers that's 42 in total - can't see much success with that formula :wink:

Why Jensen was excluded in ht15 was beyond me as he clearly didnt touch summera

This was another case of a ref failing to show consistency. Konopka went down in a similar situation in heat 2 but was excluded instead of Edberg. It would have been nice to see the ref either exclude both Berwick riders or both Redcar riders in those incidents. By excluding Konopka in one and Jensen in the other the referee invited criticism.

Not sure I understand the logic behind excluding either both Berwick riders or both Redcar riders? Surly it depends on which rider was guilty! From where I was standing on the entry to the first bend, ref got the Konopka decision wrong and the Jensen one correct!

Edited by redlead

Not sure I understand the logic behind excluding either both Berwick riders or both Redcar riders? Surly it depends on which rider was guilty! From where I was standing on the entry to the first bend, ref got the Konopka decision wrong and the Jensen one correct!

My point was that both situations were identical so either exclude Edberg and Jensen in their respective heats for both being the causes of the falls or exclude Konopka and Summers for both going down easily.

For what it's worth, I also thought the same as you about both. The referee excluding Jensen made me wonder why he didn't exclude Edberg when he pulled the same move. I'm not sure how he can come up with 2 different decisions for 2 identical situations.

Edited by Garuda
  • Like 1

My point was that both situations were identical so either exclude Edberg and Jensen in their respective heats for both being the causes of the falls or exclude Konopka and Summers for both going down easily.

For what it's worth, I also thought the same as you about both. The referee excluding Jensen made me wonder why he didn't exclude Edberg when he pulled the same move. I'm not sure how he can come up with 2 different decisions for 2 identical situations.

I was at the opposite side of the track, so couldn't see who caused the incidents.

All I can say is that it certainly didn't look like Summers bailed-out as he hit the fence very hard.

Did Pijper make contact with Vissing when he went down?