British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

British U19 Champs At Kings 15/09

Kent Speedway are pleased to announce that Central Park has been chosen to stage the Great Britain Under 19s Championship.

This annual event which sees the cream of the nation's young riders in this age range compete for the national title has been staged since 2004 and this year will be its eleventh-staging. Previous winners include GB World Cup rider from Maidstone, Danny King (who was the first-champ back in 2004), fellow GB international Lewis Bridger and two-times a winner of this junior title, the current World and senior British Champion, Tai Woffinden.

The winner for the past two seasons, Stefan Nielsen has moved out of this age category now - opening the way for a new name to be added to the roll of honour, as this major championship comes to Kent for the first time.

Co-promoter Len Silver commented, "This very prestigious event, awarded to our fine stadium, is the first of what I hope will be many major events to be staged here. With the impressive facilities and outstanding viewing, Central Park is a venue worthy of fixtures of the highest calibre.

" We have always said we are ideally set up to stage major championships and it is a great honour that in only our second season operating we've been awarded this BSPA organised event with a national championship title up for grabs. When one sees who's won this title before, it certainly shows what an important championship the Under 19s is; and we can be sure the meeting will be extremely keenly contested by a field packed with the country's finest young Speedway racing talent".

The meeting is to be held at Central Park in Sittingbourne on Monday September 1st with an earlier than usual start time of 6.15pm. The revised start time is to ensure that all races are completed before the 8.30pm curfew. Trophies for first, second and third placed riders are to be provided by Kent Speedway's valued sponsorship partner, Buckmore Park Karting

http://www.kentkings.co/news.php?item.212.1

Who can we get excited about seeing then?

Give them time to sort out the line-up. It still is nearly a month away. Why produce a line-up now then start changing it over the next couple of weeks for various reasons. Better to give names nearer the actual date surely?

irrespective of the line up i will look forward to this. Whatever level and i think i have seen them all, the British Championships have always been decent meetings, fair play to Kent for offering to stage the event as i am sure there weren't many takers.

Who can we get excited about seeing then?

I have no idea of the line up but last years line up was

Stefan Nielsen ,Nathan Stoneman,Ashley Morris ,Nathan Greaves Max Clegg ,James Shanes ,Liam Carr ,Ben Morley,Darryl Ritchings, Adam Kirby Josh Bates, Adam Ellis ,Oliver Greenwood,Connor Coles Ryan Terry-Daley.Daniel Spiller

Reserves

Reece Downes

Adam Portwood

some will obviously now be too old

Robert Lambert will rip this meeting to pieces if he rides

Potential starters:

Robert Lambert

Adam Ellis

Oliver Greenwood

Nathan Greaves

Liam Carr

Jack Kingston

James Shanes

Connor Mountain

Danny Phillips

Josh Bailey

And I'd guess the rest would probably come from:

Michael Neale

Sam Chapman

Reece Downes

Danno Verge

Luke Harris

Sam Kirby

Daniel Spiller

Zach Wajtknecht

nb

Josh Bates (Leicester at Wolves)

Max Clegg (Leicester at Wolves)

Potential starters:

And I'd guess the rest would probably come from:

Michael Neale

Sam Chapman

Reece Downes

Danno Verge

Luke Harris

Sam Kirby

Daniel Spiller

Zach Wajtknecht

Sam Kirby..?

Is that half Sam Woods and half Adam Kirby?

I'd wondered what had happened to Wajtknecht - he doesn't appear to have ridden this year anywhere and yet he is I'd imagine the age for the NL by now

Yup - s/b Adam Kirby.

Zach W rode in 1st round of this year's BYC, but haven't seen his name in any German results this year.

Sam Kirby..?

Scary mary lol

• Like 1

I'd wondered what had happened to Wajtknecht - he doesn't appear to have ridden this year anywhere and yet he is I'd imagine the age for the NL by now

Rode in the 250cc world championships in Poland at the weekend

http://www.speedway.org/250-fim/2014/index.html

Sam Kirby..?

Didn't "Sam Kirby and Adam Woods" have rides at Kent Kings in 2013?

Robert Lambert will rip this meeting to pieces if he rides

Garrity? I might have a bet on Kingston, or if he's fit, James Shanes. Isn't Marc Owen young enough for this meeting? Boy he's good around CP.

Edited by whistlegang

Garrity? I might have a bet on Kingston, or if he's fit, James Shanes. Isn't Marc Owen young enough for this meeting? Boy he's good around CP.

Garrity & Owen are both too old