British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Vs Edinburgh Sunday 17th August (7pm Start)

Nobody has said it gave anyone an advantage. But it spoilt the meeting.

True, but on previous experience it's only a matter of time.

Newcastle track staff yet again mess up the track. Surely when watering they must have knew they were putting to much water down but i guess they have earned their team a point with all the grading and messing about.

As for heat 14 it should have been awarded as Worrall had a decent lead.

Your not biased to one particular side by any chance are you You should change your user name from Fred to MYSTIC MEG though .

TBH did not expect Monarchs to take any match points with Fox, who is decent round Brough, being absent, and being replaced by a NL guest who, predictably, failed to score.

Nice to see Cookie notch a 12 pt max, which will hopefully have a positive effect on his form from hereon :t:

In the words of John cleese whoever prepared that track tonight deserves a damn good thrashing.

Was quite looking forward to this and fancied Edinburgh's chances but left very frustrated and disappointed. The only race I enjoyed tonight was a 5-1 to Newcastle. I always feel sorry for speedway promotion when they get a hard time for taking money off supporters but George English should have been handing out free tickets at the exit.

Then the ref just finished it off perfectly with a shocking decision not to award ht14. It did make it easier for them not to run ht15 and maybe we should just be grateful that no one got injured but that is not why I drive 2.5 hours and spend £16. 3rd time this season I have been left extremely disappointed by a pl promotion.

Apparently the regular water bowser blew up and the bigger one they brought in to replace it put far too much water down and wrecked the track. Riders just couldn't ride it and just as it started to improve at ht10 it started raining. On a night where rain was expected they should have left well alone.

Just think of how hard it is to maintain a speedway track as it is. Then try and do it when your normal machinery breaks and the weather is as crappy as it is right now in the UK...Tough job if you ask me so I will never complain about the job the track staff have to do. Shouldn't people just be thankful that they provide a track for your entertainment. Everyone is human and everyone makes mistakes so some people will just have to deal with the consequences. I know this might have changed the results slightly but hey life is unfair sometimes -_- (This is coming from a stupid, pessimistic and depressed 17 year old too :approve: )

Track obviously ruined the meeting and the racing was very poor as a result.

Don't agree with the comments by Edinburgh fans on the decision to re-run heat 14. The fact is that an Edinburgh rider (Sneddon) caused the race to be stopped and was rightly excluded. Awarding the race is surely therefore unfair on Newcastle, particularly as they were only on lap 2. Had Kerr or Nielsen been the cause of the stoppage then awarding it would have been fair enough.

Also worth remembering that King was leading heat 13 when he fell because of the rain so the bad luck wasn't all Edinburgh's .

Heat 14 probably shouldn't have taken place - would have been fairer to have called a halt after King fell in heat 13 for me which would have meant a draw anyway.

• Like 1

Apparently the regular water bowser blew up and the bigger one they brought in to replace it put far too much water down and wrecked the track. Riders just couldn't ride it and just as it started to improve at ht10 it started raining. On a night where rain was expected they should have left well alone.

Is it not possible to see that the replacement was putting to much water down then stop? or drive faster to reduce the amount it puts down?

• Like 1

Is it not possible to see that the replacement was putting to much water down then stop? or drive faster to reduce the amount it puts down?

Too sensible. :rolleyes:

Wrong again, and on the same point. Nowt to do with the promoters getting to the match. All about making it a time convenient for those supporters and track staff to get to the match and also attend their speedway meeting. Plenty of promoting goes on which you will never know about, but keep saying it and you'll think your right.

Well said Tsunami...those of us who go to St. James Park have been grateful of the way the Promotion give us time to get to Brough Park and long may it continue...not a sad promotion just one of the best!!!

• Like 1

so the promoters can watch football instead of PROMOTING speedway very sad . and people ask me why i dont go to the speedway now.

Because the football match you watch is too far away perhaps????

I was about to say, why not drive faster. It's not rocket science!

I was about to say, why not drive faster. It's not rocket science!

It would have been sensible, but that's only if the problem was overwatering. It was no more watered last night than other tracks at the beginning of the meeting. As someone else has said, the main utility vehicle, which does all the work, broke down with no diff, and could not be used from lunchtime onwards. Fortunately that was after all the overnight rain had been pumped off before it packed up. This meant that other vehicles had to be used for jobs like tyre packing, and IMO last night the shale didn't bind as it normally does. Riders such as Robbo, Kerr, and Danny were giving feedback to Jonny Swales where there was some breaking up, hence the surprise use of the blade.

Easy for some to become experts, who weren't there, and are trying a solve a problem that was not the problem.

The race that was stopped was on the second lap so there was no expectations of an awarded result, despite what Monarch fans wanted. It doesn't really matter how much lead Steve had on the rest in the first running. It was his teammate DEEK that got the race stopped and fortunately we benefited from the rerun. I had thought that the meeting would and should have been abandoned after heat 12 with a draw with the rain starting to get really heavy. Now that's when the track was too wet. Settle for a draw, but we were unlucky with a couple of falls which stopped us getting a win.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1