British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Rye House V Newcastle 13/8

Not a great crowd but three meetings in a week for a team bottom of the table would challenge most fans.

For us Eddie is a class above and Anders is slowly getting back to his best. Oliver greenwood is looking a real find. Those three should be nailed on for next season. Boxall still looks a class rider on a push bike and garrity at the moment looks the opposite. Luke has his. Moments but too rarely. Jason B an enigma. The whole heat 15 thing was horrible to watch and only happens to teams at the bottom.maybe his last meeting?

Newcastle look so much better on paper than on a track. No one dominant yet no one out of their depths either.

Thought Rose was impressive for a second string with limited experience in the sport. Looks to have a good future.

Pretty poor from Newcastle losing by that amount to this Rye side. Nothing at reserve and none of the top men could touch Kennett. Lindgren the pick.

Shambles in heat 15, more calamity from the management I assume?

Terrible crowd, made me laugh at the start with Silver mentioning it. If you put rubbishe sides together for years & do things on the cheap it's no wonder the crowd has pissed off elsewhere.

Credit to Greenwood, some excellent first turns using his head. Could turn into a decent little rider. Certainly better than Lambert. Should be pencilled in next year already.

Edited by Chris

Good win for Rye. Didn't expect that.

Heaven knows why peterborough dumped Greenwood - was impressive every time I saw him.

• Like 1

Not a great crowd but three meetings in a week for a team bottom of the table would challenge most fans.

For us Eddie is a class above and Anders is slowly getting back to his best. Oliver greenwood is looking a real find. Those three should be nailed on for next season. Boxall still looks a class rider on a push bike and garrity at the moment looks the opposite. Luke has his. Moments but too rarely. Jason B an enigma. The whole heat 15 thing was horrible to watch and only happens to teams at the bottom.maybe his last meeting?

Newcastle look so much better on paper than on a track. No one dominant yet no one out of their depths either.

Ht 15 came about by the first choice, SB not being eligible, second choice AM getting changed, third choice JB, had been told he wasn't in it, although he was second highest scorer, then told to go off 15 mtrs, that's when the heated argument took place, enigma yes, fool no.

Ht 15 came about by the first choice, SB not being eligible, second choice AM getting changed, third choice JB, had been told he wasn't in it, although he was second highest scorer, then told to go off 15 mtrs, that's when the heated argument took place, enigma yes, fool no.

We were trying to work out what was going on. We had Bunny & Edward down for heat 15 as they were out checking gates before the line up was announced, but then Bunny is often out doing that even when he isn't in the heat. Not surprised Anders wasn't ready as he probably was on his way to Stansted to catch a flight to Sweden for a meeting tonight.

Poor Olly suffered a blown engine before heat 2

Edited by Shadders

Great top three for Newcatle on paper Robbo more erratic than ever prevented Newcastle from taking a point.

Again Greenwood stood out and must be a shoe in along with Edward who has regained his confidence and Anders for next season

The rest thanks but no thanks, sentiment should play no part with Luke and a team place, his home form is sketchy and that is his strength. If only Boxall could get a decent sponsor to supply the right kit he would be an eight point rider but he's not. Bye bye Bunyan can't remember the last time a rider has so under performed in his time with us and Garrity not worth talking about

Sick to death of the unsatisfactory starts ruining meetings.

JB was out doing the gate for the other rider who was out with EK, who he thought was AM, but JS thought SB was riding, then AM, then JB, all in all a FUp

JB was out doing the gate for the other rider who was out with EK, who he thought was AM, but JS thought SB was riding, then AM, then JB, all in all a FUp

So the verdict is the team manager ballsed up

Was going to go last night but getting home late from work, coupled with the fact that I'm not parting with £20 plus to watch a team who have nothing to ride for already this season put paid to me attending again.

Next year? I'd take Kennett back but he needs another heat leader to support him. Anders to slot in as third heatleader, no higher at the start of the year. Greenwood in at reserve. That is a reasonable starting point.

we were all thinking what the hell was going on in heat 15, someone did mention it was a balls up by JS and that AM was all packed up and ready to leave, guess there's more to a TEAM rider than just riding your own races.

Well done to Eddie for winning Heat 15 so the Rockets got all 3 points from the meeting. Whether because it was because of the meagre crowd but I thought the team looked pretty hacked off on the truck on their parade lap and not like a team that had just taken maximum points and won the meeting.

Anyone else notice this?

• Like 1

The team manager needs to either jump into the real and current world or fekk off and retire in the Fens.

Well done to Eddie for winning Heat 15 so the Rockets got all 3 points from the meeting. Whether because it was because of the meagre crowd but I thought the team looked pretty hacked off on the truck on their parade lap and not like a team that had just taken maximum points and won the meeting.

Anyone else notice this?

Yep, we did under the refs box. No Anders, Garrity or Olly. Anders I can understand, was on his way to the airport. Olly, no idea, probably hacked off after blowing an engine before heat 2. Garrity, well he hates riding for us, so I'm not surprised.

a bit of a shock for the lights to be turned off last night so soon after heat 15. there were still quite a few people in the stadium at the time, is old len trying to save a few bob on the electricity!