British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rainman

Swindon V Eastbourne 14-8-14

Says on twitter that he is still riding in Poland sun & riding abroad tue.

If this is true then surely Swindon wouldn't get a facility unless they give him a ban. Hopefully it's just a mistake though as Kildemand seems quite loyal to swindon

He is not riding in Poland Sunday-MJJ takes his place.

Schlein is guesting for the Bees Friday so can't guest on Monday.

Didn't think the rule applied any more if replacing a No 1 rider?

Didn't think the rule applied any more if replacing a No 1 rider?

No, it's you can't guest twice in a week at a track unless replacing the home teams number 1. So no Rory for Swindon. Shamek Pawlicki or Kenneth Bjerre are the only two options.

No, it's you can't guest twice in a week at a track unless replacing the home teams number 1. So no Rory for Swindon. Shamek Pawlicki or Kenneth Bjerre are the only two options.

Aha. What about Janowski?

• Like 1

Aha. What about Janowski?

By all means use Janowksi. I just wan't cruel enough to suggest it. I don't think he's beat a top 5 rider in the last 3 years at Brandon.

Edited by SCB

Guests have to be from Poole or Kings Lynn (or Birmingham)

Think King is guesting in place of Bech at Brandon next Friday so Rosco couldn't choice him as 8 day rule.

Think Swindon may use R/R as their riders ride Brandon well.

By all means use Janowksi. I just wan't cruel enough to suggest it. I don't think he's beat a top 5 rider in the last 3 years at Brandon.

I really like him but as struggled to beat reserves at Brandon and that was before the FTD.

(Properly come next month with Poole & get a max now lol)

I really like him but as struggled to beat reserves at Brandon and that was before the FTD.

(Properly come next month with Poole & get a max now lol)

It's possible with Janowski. Blows hot and cold, probably just co-incidence he has always blow cold at Coventry.

I can't see any Pole coming over on a Monday for a UK guest booking - especially if they are riding Sweden on Tuesday as both Pawlicki and Janowski are, unless they feel it would be good practice for 15th September, as both missed the fixture in June?!!

Edited by Skidder1

I thought last night the presentation was top class, the bloke who is usually the announcer was top class.I don't think there are many better than him ! also the bloke who gave the results i like be interesting to know if other Budgies fans thought the same.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Enjoyed it last night.

Was away for the Lakeside meeting, so was struck how good the track was compared to before the World Cup break. Superb. A little on the dry side but considering the forecast, understandable. A few strung out heats as per, but some decent races too, not masses of passing, but some good close racing. Ron comes in for a lot of stick from a fair few corners of British speedway, even from plenty of Swindon fans claiming he can't prepare a track, but he's obviously done superb work in the few weeks he's had to work on it. Fair play.

Pick of the heats had to be heat 15, talking of which, Dakota seems to be making big strides in the last few weeks. Looks to have some great speed in his bikes. The way he picked off Woodward and the Michelsen (who has been one of the fastest visitors to blunsdon this season) was sublime. If that was Ward on sky, Pearson would have had a lump in his trousers for the rest of the week. If only he could gate, it would make it much easier for himself.

Greaves coming good too. I had faith he'd start scoring some decent points after the first few rides I saw him in at the Abbey. I think the thing that sets him apart from a lot of the young and struggling FT riders is that he has absolutely no qualms about chucking the bike into the bends at full pelt. Watch him against a lot of similar standard riders and you're struck by how fiecly he throws the bike into the first and third bends, even at close quarters with other riders around him, after that its just a case of being able to control the speed mid bend, which he seems to be mastering now. Great performance.

My only major concern is with Simon losing confidence in his current team position leading up to the play offs. He's still scoring points, but not as freely in tougher heats. He looked on the pace last night saying that though, and did very well to over haul Pedersen on his TR (more great management wizardry by Greer by the way) in one heat. I don't think the slicker track suits him, he's enjoyed plenty of blasts round the fence this season, but that line wasn't quite there last night.

Enjoyed the kids after too, entertaining stuff.

The only thing lacking was a bit of atmosphere from the crowd. Christ it's like a library under the main stand these days. It seems people can barely spare the energy to bother cheering or making any sort of noise at all. Think the promotion need to have a couple of meetings where they give out a few air horns to the first few families through the gates to try and make some noise.

It wasn't that long ago that speedway was a good noisey night out with people enjoying getting behind the team, whether they were wining or not. Now people just seem to stand in silence just pondering on whether to watch question time or something more risqué on channel 5 when they get home.

Still have Swindon down for a valiant play-off semi loss.

• Like 1

Agreed. I really enjoyed last night. I thought the singer was entertaining. The track was the best it has been all season. The second half was good and heat 5 of that was a very good race. Hope the promoters do the entertainment and second half meeting again before the season is finished.

Enjoyed it last night.

Was away for the Lakeside meeting, so was struck how good the track was compared to before the World Cup break. Superb. A little on the dry side but considering the forecast, understandable. A few strung out heats as per, but some decent races too, not masses of passing, but some good close racing. Ron comes in for a lot of stick from a fair few corners of British speedway, even from plenty of Swindon fans claiming he can't prepare a track, but he's obviously done superb work in the few weeks he's had to work on it. Fair play.

Pick of the heats had to be heat 15, talking of which, Dakota seems to be making big strides in the last few weeks. Looks to have some great speed in his bikes. The way he picked off Woodward and the Michelsen (who has been one of the fastest visitors to blunsdon this season) was sublime. If that was Ward on sky, Pearson would have had a lump in his trousers for the rest of the week. If only he could gate, it would make it much easier for himself.

Greaves coming good too. I had faith he'd start scoring some decent points after the first few rides I saw him in at the Abbey. I think the thing that sets him apart from a lot of the young and struggling FT riders is that he has absolutely no qualms about chucking the bike into the bends at full pelt. Watch him against a lot of similar standard riders and you're struck by how fiecly he throws the bike into the first and third bends, even at close quarters with other riders around him, after that its just a case of being able to control the speed mid bend, which he seems to be mastering now. Great performance.

My only major concern is with Simon losing confidence in his current team position leading up to the play offs. He's still scoring points, but not as freely in tougher heats. He looked on the pace last night saying that though, and did very well to over haul Pedersen on his TR (more great management wizardry by Greer by the way) in one heat. I don't think the slicker track suits him, he's enjoyed plenty of blasts round the fence this season, but that line wasn't quite there last night.

Enjoyed the kids after too, entertaining stuff.

The only thing lacking was a bit of atmosphere from the crowd. Christ it's like a library under the main stand these days. It seems people can barely spare the energy to bother cheering or making any sort of noise at all. Think the promotion need to have a couple of meetings where they give out a few air horns to the first few families through the gates to try and make some noise.

It wasn't that long ago that speedway was a good noisey night out with people enjoying getting behind the team, whether they were wining or not. Now people just seem to stand in silence just pondering on whether to watch question time or something more risqué on channel 5 when they get home.

Still have Swindon down for a valiant play-off semi loss.

Couldn't go Thursday but we've enjoyed some good nights at The Stade de Lite this year with great weather and close meetings. Less peeps means lack of atmosphere, more of an Abbey whimper than a Roar now! Who are you cheering for in this one!..nothing! Need to give out free air-horns at every meetings, loads of kids at Blunsdon when they gave out the free Easter eggs. Did this up at Worky about 9-10 years ago when I lived up there, was a fantastic atmosphere for a crowd of about 1200, (which is probably an average Abbey size crowd now). Should look at other sports such as horse racing, which has special family fun days, to attract the fans of the future. Thursday night was a start. Need to build a rapport with the riders, as they had years ago, otherwise it's just any 7 geezers racing around a track in Swindon colours. Cant be much fun watching at Blunsdon if you're a little 'un! So much competition now for the leisure pound speedway has to make more effort to attract the missing hundreds back to this exciting sport.

People want more for their 17 quid now than just watching 16 minutes of racing in an outdated stadium.

With Greavsie and Worrall on form, and North Dakota on fire, Swindon are more than a match for anyone in the play-offs if, they can get more consistency and all click on the same night they will have the others running scared.

GO ROBINS!!!

Edited by keef van cross