British Speedway Forum

You're right. Luke at reserve is a no brainer, especially at home.

Never been impressed with Klindt for the reasons you stated

Its no good having good reserve scores just at home?

Edinburgh didn't seem to suffer Edited by Shads

Edinburgh didn't seem to suffer

They did actually... Once Sneddon dropped to reserve they didn't win every meeting anymore.

They did at home though. Ensuring that you drop no points at home can go a long way towards helping you get into the play offs!

• Like 1

They did actually... Once Sneddon dropped to reserve they didn't win every meeting anymore.

They didn't need to. Three main trophies won. Oh, how they suffered

Klindt openly admittedly he think he's too good for the pl

Deluded Edited by Shads

Klindt too good for the pl?? Perhaps he should be told to p155 off to polands elite league then .

Unless he makes the gate hes an absolute tart, 6 point pl man as his average suggests.

Klindt too good for the pl?? Perhaps he should be told to p155 off to polands elite league then .

Unless he makes the gate hes an absolute tart, 6 point pl man as his average suggests.

Spot on. If the EL wasn't so weak he'd not get a sniff

Klindt is at his level. If we sign him and he gets dialled into the Rye track well he might put his figure up to about seven. Might.

It's still not a signing I'd be averse to as he'd be forming part of a back up trio to Kennett with Garrity and Nelson.

Reserves will be key, Greenwood is a must and he needs a strong partner from the off. Hopefully we'll see Boxall at reserve and then a rider around the 6 point mark to complete the side. Then we should always have a strong reserve and Greenwood's improvement will be a bonus.

• Like 1

I disagree. You can have a reserve who score 5 home and 5 away and averages 5. Or you can have one who scores 7 home and 3 away and will average 5. It doesn't matter, the play-offs are over two legs so thats what it is about. Win all your home meetings, a couple of good away results and you're in the play-offs.

As a number 7 Luke would be a great signing, just make sure you sign another 4-5 point rider who will be the big hitter and reserve and score the 7-12 away while Luke scores the 3 or 4 to get his average.

I love luke - a great guy who is a legend for us but I do wonder if maybe he has different fish to fry. He's not the hungry young kid who bounced back from horrific injuries anymore. He has family responsibilities and to me looks for the first time ever that winning speedway races does nt come first in his life.

I understand Luke was definitely going to retire at the end of this season but had second thoughts after his testimonial.

They did at home though. Ensuring that you drop no points at home can go a long way towards helping you get into the play offs!

Also generally means the fans are happy

Also generally means the fans are happy

The vast majority want to see their team win their home meetings. Crowds at Rye were 50% higher when we were putting up 50+ scores at home every week.

Edited by Shads

If you remember we did say be careful what you wish for when some moaned about big home wins. Oh for those days now

• Like 1