British Speedway Forum

Sheffield would have to drop someone else I believe to fit him my thinking is Glasgow to replace kozza. After money talks especially with garrity as has been proved in the past.

Although Sheffield may have problems with their Aussies, that was my first thought, brewer.

Can't wait to hear Mr Garrity's "official" reason for wanting to move at such a late stage of close season!!

Seems very strange when you have a team place to give it up and, presumably, just ride EL, as all other teams are full and of course are not allowed to approach riders already contracted to teams :nono:

WTF happened then ?? We all wondered about his commitment last year, but as he signed again I thought it was all sorted ?

Looking on the bright side, we've replaced 2 loose cannons with reliable riders, so it's all good.

I think it weakens the team and it will certainly be less exciting.

Didn't similar happen with him and belle vue a couple years back

Think so,lack of brain cells in Garritys case IMO .
  • Like 2

No can't agree. What it has done has weakened the POTENTIAL of the team. Well Mr Garrity never lived up to the hype or his potential.

I remember seeing Anders in his first season with Rye at Sheffied, he seemed bitterly disappointed with his showing as was sitting in the pits on the verge of tears.

The boy always gives his all and is more likely to settle into a heat leader spot than Garrity ever was

As far as being exciting a lot of the time it was because he was out of control (in more ways than one) Kelly Moran was exciting because he was far more than just potential Garrity sadly will never see such heights

Happy we now have a much more settled and predictable seven. By complete accident we have dodged two bullets

• Like 2

After last season I'll take reliable rather than stocking up on air fence panels.

• Like 1

Will soon struggle when he's only racing EL and his opponents are riding far more regularly. Got the talent to be a very good rider but not the attitude.

Only other thought that has crossed my mind, as mentioned here is that he has a move elsewhere in the PL lined up to replaces an Aussie without a visa. Sheffield perhaps?

Lucky we've got Anders ready to step in, should have been in the side in the first place anyway.

Somethings not quite right is it? Could be a replacement for Smith, Sedgemen, Douglas, Or Davies. All with aves similiar and possibly struggling with new visa (either under 7 or new application) Would also mean a nice little windfall for Silver if Garrity is sold.....So who's got the money?

Was only picking the riders out with simliar aves. :wink: ...Justin should be ok as even though his ave is under 7 he got 2nd in Victorian title and 3rd in SA.

Garrity for Sedgmen?

You're having a laugh!!

Why? IF Sedgemen was ruled out by visa issues (seems he will be ok though) then there aren't too many options around to replace him and Garrity is a small track man with a fair bit of potential. He just needs the right environment to get the best out of him at PL level. Forget the fact that he was a wally at Armadale last year. FWIW I think he'll be at Glasgow which should spice up the numerous Scottish derbies nicely :D

Wonder if Kozza will get a permit??