British Speedway Forum
Bee 26

Coventry Vs Swindon 18/8/14

what you are saying is that riders of today don't know how to use the throttle .you cannot have every tack the same due to the weather riders have to ride what is put in front of them there's to much of I can't ride that its to slick or to deep get on with it

I'm not talking about every track being the same...I'm saying the track is vastly better off with surface being consistent and predictable, be it consistently grippy or slick. The riders at least know what they're getting.

Pre World Cup break, the Swindon track was bumpy, lumpy and inconsistent. The racing was crap. They worked on it over the break, fast forward to last Thursday...showers predicted, none came come tapes up. The track was a bit dusty and quite slick, but the racing was miles better than before, night and day the difference. All the riders were able to give it a go.

How people can moan about riders not having the balls, or throttle control, whilst we watch 10 heats of riders wobbling round a track, following each other, infront of a crowd of what looked about 50, tonight, is incredible.

If you sat down and watched that with a normal human tonight who didn't know much about speedway, then come the end of heat 15, turn round to them and say, "well that was ok!, at least we got a couple of decent heats. fancy coming to pay 17 quid to watch it next week?", they'd want you sectioned for Christ sake.

Sometimes I think a lot of speedway fans are nearly as bad as the promotion. Fans are leaving the sport in its droves with hardly any coming to the sport fresh, it's on it's arse over here, yet some think its because the riders aren't brave enough anymore.

• Like 1

Have to agree in part with some of Havvy;s comments! A few teams may well be a bit worried about Coventry reaching the play-offs - nothing to do with the team, with MJJ and Hansen riding like novices - just the state of the track, which looks a danger to everyone.

Who was that in Bombers kevlars??

That's how Harris has been riding at Brandon most of the season

Track wasn't good like it has been but we have had lots of heavy rain, then stock cars sat, followed by rain at lunchtime.

One referee's already been informed after what was rated as a poor performance in a Sky meeting earlier this season that he wouldn't be getting any more Sky meetings.

Hence on tonight's evidence that could well be the last time you'll see Dave Robinson officiating at a Sky meeting for a while.

How he ever qualified as a referee in the first place is a total mystery except for the fact he's also on the FIM clerk-of-the-course international list so perhaps the ability to bluff his way through officialdom tests is his only real skill.

Just be thankful it was a dry night this evening ... he's even more clueless when he's required to discuss damp conditions with riders/managers.

• Like 2

One referee's already been informed after what was rated as a poor performance in a Sky meeting earlier this season that he wouldn't be getting any more Sky meetings.Hence on tonight's evidence that could well be the last time you'll see Dave Robinson officiating at a Sky meeting for a while.How he ever qualified as a referee in the first place is a total mystery except for the fact he's also on the FIM clerk-of-the-course international list so perhaps the ability to bluff his way through officialdom tests is his only real skill.Just be thankful it was a dry night this evening ... he's even more clueless when he's required to discuss damp conditions with riders/managers.

Why stop at sky meetings?

• Like 1

Just got back from Brandon.

Funny meeting, made a change and not half as bad as everyone has said here.

AND I took a first timer and she absolutely loved it and she can't wait for Friday.

so maybe not that disastrous

• Like 5

This is complete and utter garbage on a gash track and its being overseen by a f*ckwit of a ref.

That made me laugh. Good job I've got a warped sense of humour. Only got this far up to now but I'm sure there is a lot of amusement still to come. :lol: Just count yourself lucky that you weren't there waiting and wondering what the hell was going on because there was no tannoy on the 4th bend until about heat 13. Not sure exactly when as I'd lost the will to live by then.

• Like 2

Sky's the limit for the Bees this year! With 3 Danes scoring 14 between them they still won by 13. That's pretty amazing.

Plus 4 riders slightly injured and Howarth coming back from injury!

Very good reserves with Sarjeant probably better than B Compton and L Rose playoffs looking bright. Pretty sure that MJJ will deliver when it matters, Harris finally showing some speed and Hansen always able to shock you with good ride round the boards. Can see them pushing KL and Poole all the way.

• Like 1

Exactly ! We don't want them messing about...fiddling with clutches and cables, digging holes, etc... we want them ready to race !

About time too. Bees accepted the ref' sticking rigidly to the rules so why not Swindon? Of course he was a bit pedantic early on (doors :wink: ) but it needed to be done to draw attention to the constant delaying starts. Ice hockey had a similar problem when players would be ready to face off then skate away for no apparent reason. A time limit was imposed and now it's a thing of the past.

• Like 1

What's the issue with MJJ as looks like he's not bothered and has zero interest.

He had been good last couple of meetings, struggled tonight though.

Heard Hansen has gone to hospital to have shoulder looked at as injured it again in his crash :(

The track and David Robinson were abysmal, the crowd non existant and Swindon very poor.

The impatience of Pearson and Tatum was both tangible and understandable.

A very bad night for the sport.