British Speedway Forum

Not a bad meeting, disappointed with the snack bar though it used to be good.

No chicken wraps on the main snack bar, so I paid a visit to the small outlet just after the entrance where the nachos with cheese sauce & chilli were good value for £3.50

No chicken wraps on the main snack bar, so I paid a visit to the small outlet just after the entrance where the nachos with cheese sauce & chilli were good value for £3.50

so much for not spending a penny in the stadium :)

so much for not spending a penny in the stadium :)

Who said I was paying? ;)

So Zorro should retrospectively be unbanned and the rule changed then? The rules say all those who were Poland should get a ban.

Which rule? Normally you quote from the rule book. Be interesting to see what example of BSPA/SCB pomposity you can find for us.

• Like 1

Unless I have my facts wrong I make that 3 Brits in the top 4 in this year's PLRC. That's a cause for some optimism I feel.

That's what I like to see...a good healthy diet. Must be 2 of your 5 a day surely. Me?...I used to go for the 12" hot dogs at West Ham. I think they were called Doozles...something like that.

Stead nearly put josh in the fence with his riding that's why josh kicked off

Typical Sheffield riding tactic, see Shawn Wilson or Compton. They have to drive you to fence as there is so much space at sheff you can get around if they leave the smallest gap. Only issue is Stead,Wilson,Compton usually got assy when it was done to them.

Edited by Dekker

Stead nearly put josh in the fence with his riding that's why josh kicked off

Just to correct that statement - stead _did_ put Josh into the fence. I.e. there was contact.

Rubbish..Josh simply went to have a word with Stead after race and bikes came together

i hope this is right as id not like any rider for my team doing such a thing

Nice to see 3 Brits in the final

Well done to Simon Stead

(but about time the PLRC was run on a neutral track (EL) and ELRC on a PL track.

what would you class as a neutral track

most riders ride all tracks at somepoint and only way to make it neutrall for that years race would be to not allow a home rider in the meeting which would not really be very good for numbers through the turnstyles

most riders ride all tracks at somepoint

Not every week

Typical Sheffield riding tactic, see Shawn Wilson or Compton. They have to drive you to fence as there is so much space at sheff you can get around if they leave the smallest gap. Only issue is Stead,Wilson,Compton usually got assy when it was done to them.

Think thats very OTT.

It was quiet clear from the programme and build up to the meeting that Stead was desperate to win this season. He was a little too hard on Josh on that occasion.. But to say its a 'typical' style is wrong and way off the mark!

I enjoyed yesterdays meeting from a neutral point of view. Was great to see Steady win it after his superb season and infront of his fans. Looked a good crowd about, just a shame some couldnt behave around the pits after heat 16, although I think it was just a heat of the moment thing.

Congratulations to Sheffield Speedway who put on a great day!

• Like 3

Not every week

i agree but just how do you pick a neutrall track and still have the riders from all clubs involved or all the top seeded riders and some riders who have mooved to a new track might still be the fastest most experienced rider at his old track

i think sheffield is a great place to hold such events but maybe the southern fans dont like traveling north well im about as far north as we get in sppedway terms so sheffield is still a few hours drive south so its not my local track but nicely postioned somewhere in the middle for all traveling fans

its got good facilites good parking right out side and a track that can produce some good racing if prepaired right