British Speedway Forum

If the 'technicality' is about wrongly calibrated equipment and/or an incorrect test reading, then it is perfectly legitimate to have a support group.

The 'off duty' policeman apparently involved in the Darcy Ward tests does get a mention on Social Media.

not sure your logic is correct. A conviction for fraud can carry a heftier penalty than drink driving, despite the fact that

the latter is clearly the more likely to cause injury.

Sure you are correct but fraud in that sense does not exist in the rules regarding illegal substances.It also says

allot about the modern society were money crimes such as fraud or illegal downloading are seen as worse offences

then physical crimes as assault, rape, dunk driving and etc

Compare Patryk Dudek and Darcy Ward. It's no doubt that Ward is the one who made the most severe offence.

The 'off duty' policeman apparently involved in the Darcy Ward tests does get a mention on Social Media.

All originating from the Peter Oakes article - who doesn't have any particular links to Poole, Torun or Piraterna as far as I am aware?!

Sure you are correct but fraud in that sense does not exist in the rules regarding illegal substances.It also says

allot about the modern society were money crimes such as fraud or illegal downloading are seen as worse offences

then physical crimes as assault, rape, dunk driving and etc

Compare Patryk Dudek and Darcy Ward. It's no doubt that Ward is the one who made the most severe offence.

But that is only your opinion and quite clearly there IS doubt!! Alcohol is an a 'lesser penalty' WADA category than drugs!

All originating from the Peter Oakes article - who doesn't have any particular links to Poole, Torun or Piraterna as far as I am aware?!

But that is only your opinion and quite clearly there IS doubt!! Alcohol is an a 'lesser penalty' WADA category than drugs!

No doubt just Darcy trying to find a loophole. Really I doubt that so please provide some evidence.

Points to consider:

(1) Was the policeman said to have carried out the test on Darcy Ward sanctioned to conduct it by the FIM? Was he a bona fide FIM official?

(2) Was the equipment used CLEAN for a test on Darcy Ward or it had it also been used by the person who conducted it for previous tests at that time and might possibly have been contaminated?

Now I am really starting to feel sorry for Darcy.

First we have the terminally bewildered starting up a facebook page.

A future (?) World Champion is reduced to being a charity case.

How terribly demeaning.

Then, horror of horrors,
The lead defence council makes himself known.

His Honour, The Gustix QC comes to the bar.

Wig and all.

With people like this in his corner the poor guy is going down for a very long stretch, indeed.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 4

Now I am really starting to feel sorry for Darcy.

First we have the terminally bewildered starting up a facebook page.

A future (?) World Champion is reduced to being a charity case.

How terribly demeaning.

Then, horror of horrors

The lead defence council makes himself known.

His Honour, The Gustix QC comes to the bar.

Wig and all.

With people like this in his corner the poor guy is going down for a very long stretch, indeed.

I can feel sorry for Darcy in the way that his camp seems to be filled with "yaysayers" but nobody that can tell him when enough is

enough and that is time to stop with the nonsense. Instead we see comments like "he's just a kid" or, "everyone made mistakes

when they were young" or "it's the FIM's fault" and etc...

• Like 3

I can feel sorry for Darcy in the way that his camp seems to be filled with "yaysayers" but nobody that can tell him when enough is

enough and that is time to stop with the nonsense. Instead we see comments like "he's just a kid" or, "everyone made mistakes

Don't forget "it's what all the young people do these days isn't it?"

• Like 1

Absolutely.

I can't think of another recent case where a young fellow has been let down more by the older heads that surround him.

As a kid he should have had a sound arse-spanking when he did wrong.

And then been educated as to how, and why, he should 'do the right thing'.

As it is, the 'grown ups' who throng around him seem to keep telling him he is 'special' so the usual rules don't apply to him.

I think he may just be a bit too thick to learn these things for himself and needs just someone, anyone, with a three-digit IQ to assist.

As yet I don't think he has met one.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 4

There are several other Pages on Social Media that are strongly supportive of Darcy Ward. Obviously there are people around not of the same mindset of those who Post on the BSF? :approve:

Which mindset is that?

That we don't want riders who fail alchohol tests to be racing in our sport?

I would most strongly suggest that anyone with a different mindset is no fan of the sport and quite frankly is a disgrace.

• Like 7

If the 'technicality' is about wrongly calibrated equipment and/or an incorrect test reading, then it is perfectly legitimate to have a support group.

Within 24 hours of its establishment the Social Media site has won 2,315 likes to support Darcy Ward.

Absolutely.

I can't think of another recent case where a young fellow has been let down more by the older heads that surround him.

As a kid he should have had a sound arse-spanking when he did wrong.

And then been educated as to how, and why, he should 'do the right thing'.

As it is, the 'grown ups' who throng around him seem to keep telling him he is 'special' so the usual rules don't apply to him.

I think he may just be a bit too thick to learn these things for himself and needs just someone, anyone, with a three-digit IQ to assist.

As yet I don't think he has met one.

Its blatantly obvious that Darcy clearly has the wrong people around him

Middlo is the obvious one. Consistently backs Ward whatever he does and calls him a silly boy. Get a grip!

Matt Ford says Poole won the title because of Ward!! LOL

While he has people around him that let him do what he wants the sad thing is he may never learn and feel he is untouchable

I remember when Ward was interviewed a couple of years back about Tai's regime and dedication , he simply shrugged and laughed it of saying it wasnt for him. Well guess what Tai has been world champ, went close last year and is a favourite this season. Ward cannot be world champion possibly in the next 2 years because of his own stupidity.

He needs a Leigh Adams or Jason Crump to get hold of him and give an example of how to be a professional rather than just throw it all away.

Best thing would be for him to get away from the comfort zone he has at Poole.

• Like 2

Within 24 hours of its establishment the Social Media site has won 2,315 likes to support Darcy Ward.[/size]

so bugger all really.

Within 24 hours of its establishment the Social Media site has won 2,315 likes to support Darcy Ward.

your point being what?

I would hazard a guess the majority are fans of the English, Swedish, Polish clubs he rides for and probably lots of teenage girls as well.

Add in a few people who think its fine to have a couple of beers before getting on a bike and that would probably come close to the number you quote.

If people want to support him in the hope he gets lucky and gets away with it so be it.

The majority of people know Darcy was over the limit that day.

Some feel thats ok if there is a technacality

There are several other Pages on Social Media that are strongly supportive of Darcy Ward. Obviously there are people around not of the same mindset of those who Post on the BSF? :approve:

I think those people have a name... sycophants.