British Speedway Forum

What the heck is a member of the judiciary committee doing talking to the media before a decision has been reached.

Aside from what we may or may not think about Ward and his actions - this is surely out of order for the governing body!!

im guessing you havent read it properly which is something that sames to be quite common amongst some fans down Dorset way , maybe they arent educated some of them.

The case is not mentioned one bit as to an outcome just how they get to the outcome.

Do what you want to deflect people but its plain and simple that Ward and the now quite pathetic Middlo have been playing kidology with the fans all along when quite clearly its Wards camps fault for the length it took to get to the hearing

Tbf to skidder I agree that imo he or anyone else shouldn't be saying anything in relation to the case and I would include members of any of wards teams/camp.

So he shouldn't be allowed to explain how it works? All this time there have been complaints that there haven't been any transparency and

now when someone actually makes a general explanation to why things sometimes take a long time, that isn't good either?

I don't see anything wrong with his interview, he doesn't reveal or comment anything specific about the case.

The only thing he comments on is that it unfortunate that Darcy hadn't been informed but as BWitcher says,

Darcy and his team is very likely to know this but are just pretending that they haven't been informed.

• Like 8

Tbf to skidder I agree that imo he or anyone else shouldn't be saying anything in relation to the caae and I would include members of any of wards teams/camp.

Yes, and as has been clearly explained he didn't...

So he shouldn't be allowed to explain how it works? All this time there have been complaints that there haven't been any transparency and

now when someone actually makes a general explanation to why things sometimes take a long time, that isn't good either?

I don't see anything wrong with his interview, he doesn't reveal or comment anything specific about the case.

The only thing he comments on is that it unfortunate that Darcy hadn't been informed but as BWitcher says,

Darcy and his team is very likely to know this but are just pretending that they haven't been informed.

spot on

so come on starman the explanations for length of time its taken are quite clearly laid out in front of you so i would love to hear your views now?

im expecting you still somehow to blame the FIM

Tbf to skidder I agree that imo he or anyone else shouldn't be saying anything in relation to the caae and I would include members of any of wards teams/camp.

correct.........................if he mentioned anything about the case/ length of ban that was likely but he didnt.

for ages the blue tints wanted an explanation of how it works and why its took so long.

Now they have it

But bet your bottom dollar they dont like it and try somehow to deflect the blame

Another who can't read.

He didn't.

I think you will find that the guy quoted in the article was not actually directly involved in the Darcy Ward case.

A little bit of journalistic Inexactitude will be seen to have been at work here.

And the work of google translate could be to blame also.

Lars Nilsson is the lawyer representing SVEMO on the FIM Judiciary panel (CJI) from which the judges of individual cases are chosen by the panel's director. There are many members of that panel all awaiting their call.

Contrary to what many people believe cases like this are rarely heard by a committee of judges.

Most (CDI) court cases are actually heard by a single judge alone.

That has been the case for the last couple of years in even the most high profile of cases.

The more likely truth is that Mr Nilsson, being the Swedish guy on the eligible panel (but not actually directly involved in this case) who knows the system perfectly has chosen to answer a Swedish journalist's questions about procedure only. And has taken every care to NOT talk about the Ward case at all.

As is correct.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 7

I think you will find that the guy quoted in the article was not actually directly involved in the Darcy Ward case.

I think a little bit of journalistic Inexactitude will be seen to have been at work here.

And the work of google translate could be to blame also.

Lars Nilsson is the lawyer representing SVEMO on the FIM Judiciary panel (CJI) from which the judges of individual cases are chosen by the panel's director. There are many members of that panel all awaiting their call.

Contrary to what many people believe cases like this are rarely heard by a committee of judges.

Most (CDI) court cases are actually heard by a single judge alone.

That had been the case for the last couple of years in even the most high profile of cases.

I think the truth is that Mr Nilsson, being the Swedish guy on the eligible panel (but not actually directly involved in this case) who knows knows the system perfectly had chosen to answer a Swedish journalist's questions about procedure only. And has taken every care to NOT about talk about the Ward case at all.

As is correct.

Rubbish, where does it say that. Do you know that? Do you know Mr Nilsson?

Joke. #hungouttodry #careersover #liferuined #persecuted

Tired of this Nilsson fellow wanting Ward strung up, what does he know. Has he even met Ward? Has Nilsson ever made a mistake? Unprofessional he is talking to a newspaper. Knows nothing. Middlo knows the score.

Trust Nilsson over Middlo would you? When did Nilsson ride a bike?

Joker you are GrandCentral.

• Like 4

Big lack of response from the usual crew the blue tints on this.

Im not icluding people like foreverblue or pirate olivier or chris4gillian amongst the blue tints i must add.

But where are the people screaming foul play over the length of time?

As stated by so many nothing is different in this case timescale wise then any other.

So where have they all gone?

Read the report and there was nothing in the article that gave away anything. Other than the fact, that we all know that Mr. Ward has to sit back and wait now.

Had to also laugh at the the other article in that same paper that stated that the Mr. Ward could possibly sue the FIM for putting his career on a long hold.

He should have thought of this when he sat in the pub drinking, the night before or the early hours before a GP.

Sorry but he deserves all he gets, if the hard line Poole fans think for one moment that he is being mistreated, then they are a very sorry bunch indeed.

Good to see the Bournemouth Echo all over this latest development with their usual unbiased reporting.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11799089.Darcy_Ward__Speedway_fans_take_to_Twitter_as_disciplinary_delay_rumbles_on___/

Got to love that tweet by Diana Spencer that tells you to contact and complain to FIM Europe...

Got to love that tweet by Diana Spencer that tells you to contact and complain to FIM Europe...

i have spoken on twitter to diana spencer and to be honest she is another clueles wonder.

you do have to question how thick some people really are.

what i do find funny is how old man Middlo was all over twitter like a rash telling the world ithe fim was a joke and it wasnt a murder trial. Now since the meeting in Geneva not a wiord on social media which can mean one 3 things.

Matt Ford (quite rightly) has told him to shut up

SCB (quite rightly) have told him to shut up

or

He has been informed how wrom he was in not knowing the rules

Good to see the Bournemouth Echo all over this latest development with their usual unbiased reporting.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11799089.Darcy_Ward__Speedway_fans_take_to_Twitter_as_disciplinary_delay_rumbles_on___/

top notch journalism that! Tbf you can see why some poole fans think darcy is hard done by when they read bollocks like thst in the local paper.
  • Like 5

One of the FIM-lawyers who were part of the disciplinary committee at Darcy's hearing have made an interview with a Swedish news paper.

Obviously he doesn't say anything specific about this case and most of what he says he things that we already knew.

Things such as that it takes over two weeks from the hearing until the decision is made, isn't something ununsual

but rather common since it is very important to get the verdict phrased in such a way that it is clear

why the committee decided to rule in the way that they did and etc.

His reply to th question regarding why the hearing wasn't held until 5 months after the offence, he says

that he can't judge why it took 5 months but that it could be due many different things such as

different arguments from the involved, previous investigation and etc,

No decision have been taken yet but as soon as a decision is taken it will be announced.

He then says that (like we already knew) that cases are not delayed for the sake of the delay itself.

That it might seem like it is just to make the decision straight away but these cases that have to penetrated and

analysed in a proper way so that the FIM can make a legitimate decision.

He also says that its unfortunate that the involved parties and in this case mainly the rider, have not

been made clear on how things work.

http://mvt.se/sport/speedway/datum-om-wards-besked-oklart-10727231.aspx

So like I wrote above, most things seems to be pretty obvious and much of it are stuff we already knew/suspected.

It also seems that for some reason Darcy haven't been informed properly for some reason and as we have suspected,

the delayed are likely due to claims/arguments by Darcy's camp while they pretend it is FIM who are delaying it

without a reason.

these paragraphs, imo relate to the hearing, and if you read what i put, i put all of wards clubs/camp should not comment as well. he could easily have said "no comment" to any pertaning comments, as could anyone associated with ward in any way.

Edited by brewer
  • Like 1