British Speedway Forum

Done and dusted now.

I think that is the good thing, so he knows where he stands and although its in reality a 4 month ban during the season it sufficiently messes up his season so it will hopefully act as a deterent for him and others

After the ban is over he should then be left to get on with his career as he will have served his ban. Only time will tell whether its been enough to teach him a lesson

Lets hope there is no appeal eh ?

• Like 4

Ridiculousy low ban if true. In reality only a 5-6 month ban. Really hope WADA appeals although I think that is pretty unlikely.

Not sure I agree. The ban is in place now, its basically cost him two shots at the World Title (last season and this), he got the ban time for everyone to move on now.

• Like 6

So a 10 month ban ending in late June, and announced well within the 45 day time. FIM must have read the astonishment of BSF members on here, and tidied their act up.

What will the world talk about now. Too lenient, preferential treatment. :D:P Milldo got off. :P

Will Weatherwatcher put an appeal in for a 2 year ban.

• Like 2

Does this also mean that Kings Lynn finished top of the regular EL table? Ward scored 5 points at Leicester in a 45-45 draw. Now a 45-40 win to Leicester. Poole lose a league point so they finish a point behind Kings Lynn.

What is the significance of this? Didn't he race in the Swedish and Elite league in that time. Presumably he shouldn't have done. So what happened there?

"Moreover, the CDI ruled that the results obtained by Mr Ward in all the Competitions in which he participated subsequent to the positive test, from 17 August 2014 until 27 August 2014, are cancelled, with all resulting consequences, including forfeiture of any points and prizes."

What is the significance of this? Didn't he race in the Swedish and Elite league in that time. Presumably he shouldn't have done. So what happened there?

"Moreover, the CDI ruled that the results obtained by Mr Ward in all the Competitions in which he participated subsequent to the positive test, from 17 August 2014 until 27 August 2014, are cancelled, with all resulting consequences, including forfeiture of any points and prizes."

Poole fielding an illegal rider. Kicked out of the EL. Coventry promoted to Champions. :D

Seems fairly clear what is meant by that part of the judgement.

In theory, at least.

I imagine Darcy is busy, this very afternoon, writing out cheques to the various promotions that paid him for racing in those ten days.

• Like 1

WE will probably have another 300 pages here discussing whether the length of the ban is right or wrong but for the sake of objectivity let's not forget that his loss of earnings during this period will also be tantamount to a very substantial fine.

• Like 2

SCB's point may not be so crazy, I'd expect that all of his results are expunged from the records. Not sure on the techical aspect of this and resultant points etc, however in principle its an FIM official statement and all derivitive bodies have to follow?

Edited by raymondbudd

WE will probably have another 300 pages here discussing whether the length of the ban is right or wrong but for the sake of objectivity let's not forget that his loss of earnings during this period will also be tantamount to a very substantial fine.

Which I imagine Mr Nilsson took into account.

And judged wholly appropriate.

Seems fairly clear what is meant by that part of the judgement.

In theory, at least.

I imagine Darcy is busy, this very afternoon, writing out cheques to the various promotions that paid him for racing in those ten days.

I do find that part of the judgement a little odd given that the FIM could and probably should have suspended him immediately but did not do so, In effect he carried on riding and his clubs carried on using him with their tacit approval.

• Like 4

Where does this leave Darcy regards getting a team spot (and visa) when the ban is served?

Didn't there used to be a rule that a rider who was part of a 1-7 at the end of a season could not be re-introduced into that 1-7 during the following season?

I do find that part of the judgement a little odd given that the FIM could and probably should have suspended him immediately but did not do so, In effect he carried on riding and his clubs carried on using him with their tacit approval.

Actually I do agree.

But I think that in future you may find that any rider found in a similar position may be suspended indefinitely with immediate effect.

That really is what should have happened here isn't it?

• Like 1

Wonder what his next misdemeanor will be ? no doubt we`ll find out soon enough !!

• Like 3

Poole fielding an illegal rider. Kicked out of the EL. Coventry promoted to Champions. :D

Poole found out cheating again. :nono:

Can't see the BSPA ordering a re-run of the play-offs, better to sweep it under the carpet. :shock: