British Speedway Forum

Where does this leave Darcy regards getting a team spot (and visa) when the ban is served?

Didn't there used to be a rule that a rider who was part of a 1-7 at the end of a season could not be re-introduced into that 1-7 during the following season?

No there isn't. A rider can be reintroduced back into a team with the MC's approval.

• Like 1

So where's the bit about the test being done wrong and the off-duty policeman? #MiddloIsAJoke

You tell us. You seem to be the major waffler this afternoon with 2 posts in the space of 4 minutes, including the pointless one above.

O like to keep you interested....! :icon_smile_clown:

So Poole have got until 27 June to throw a few matches, and get the averages down, so that Janowski can be booted out and Ward take his place in time for the run-in to the play-offs.

I think that is the good thing, so he knows where he stands and although its in reality a 4 month ban during the season it sufficiently messes up his season so it will hopefully act as a deterent for him and others

After the ban is over he should then be left to get on with his career as he will have served his ban. Only time will tell whether its been enough to teach him a lesson

Lets hope there is no appeal eh ?

You have seen this at the bottpm of the FIM statement? An appeal against the decision of the CDI may be lodged by the parties before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne (Switzerland) within 21 days of the date of receipt of the full reasoned CDI decision.

Edited by Guest

Poole fielding an illegal rider. Kicked out of the EL. Coventry promoted to Champions. :D

At the time he rode he was not riding illegally................yes his points will be deducted not that it will make a huge difference and nothing can be done about that now................I think he only rode 2 matches scoring low points during that time................

Why should Poole be penalised for something that they had no involvement in.............it was an FIM event not a club event..............

RP

I do find that part of the judgement a little odd given that the FIM could and probably should have suspended him immediately but did not do so, In effect he carried on riding and his clubs carried on using him with their tacit approval.

I think that says more about the sport than the FIM.

The FIM were checking things like if the off-duty police officer was really qualified because they are a responsible organisation.

The sport of Speedway just carried on merrily oblivious to what had happened. He could have been suspended whilst under investigation. Speedway's choice. Not saying its right or wrong, but that wasn't tacit approval. As a sport though it needs a (nother) kick up the backside to operate in the real world.

The sport had the right to let him ride whilst under investigation, but shouldn't bleat afterwards that has performances during that period are now nullified.

• Like 1

graphics-sport-fishing-725553.gif

I don't quite catch the point you are making with this, but it's very amusing.

10 month ban is fairly acceptable though he has got off lightly. Lets hope it's a wake up call but I doubt it

• Like 5

What a total and utter farce. Should have got the full 2 years. This gives out no warnings at all.

• Like 5

At the time he rode he was not riding illegally................yes his points will be deducted not that it will make a huge difference and nothing can be done about that now................I think he only rode 2 matches scoring low points during that time................

Why should Poole be penalised for something that they had no involvement in.............it was an FIM event not a club event..............

RP

Agree with your first paragraph.

Re-paragraph 2, Poole new he had failed a test. Whilst Poole shouldn't be penalised for that, they have to accept the ranifications linked to back-dating an offence.

But where is the BSPA on this one? Ward was replaced by guests after the suspension. Prior to that I suspect he would have been charged with withholding services and Poole forced to ride a PL six pointer (or whatever that exact rule is).

Maybe time to lock this thread and move on....

Oh don't you just love forum police.. FFS this is a discussion forum, and this is a topical subject for discussions so why lock a thread that is not out of hand?

• Like 5

So Poole have got until 27 June to throw a few matches, and get the averages down, so that Janowski can be booted out and Ward take his place in time for the run-in to the play-offs.

It was a Matt Ford cunning plan all along. :mad:

Aug 16th 2014, MF said to DW 'How do you feel about getting banned for the first few month's next season and then we can manipulate the averages'.

DW said 'Cheers, don't mind if I do'. :drink:

• Like 1