British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

.... ...you could also say that by moving it he is looking after his paying customers

Really? :o I think you'd have to go a long way to find a Bees fan who agrees with you :D

• Like 2

I wish there were grades available in liking a post. If so, the post above by Mr.Ore deserves 10/10 imo - I actually 'laughed out loud' several times!! BRILLIANT :t:

Post of the year for me :D

Really? :o I think you'd have to go a long way to find a Bees fan who agrees with you :D

Most fans who support both the bees and sky blues should be delighted !! i know i am

Yea about one post

• Like 1

I struggle to sympathise too much with Mr Ore, as I cannot believe that anyone in this country would lay out a substantial sum of money on accommodation based on, in particular, speedway or cricket, which are at the mercy of our weather probably more than any other sport or outside event

I realise this particular scenario is not due to the weather causing a postponement - but it certainly could have been so and the o p would have been in just the same situation

A similar scenario can exist in Barclays Premier League football, where match day tickets and hotel and travel bookings made, only for the game to be moved to accommodate live televising

It is a gamble when booking in advance in these areas, and it's perhaps worth checking the nearest Premier Inn, for example, which can be cancelled up to the day in question

I struggle to sympathise too much with Mr Ore, as I cannot believe that anyone in this country would lay out a substantial sum of money on accommodation based on, in particular, speedway or cricket, which are at the mercy of our weather probably more than any other sport or outside event

I realise this particular scenario is not due to the weather causing a postponement - but it certainly could have been so and the o p would have been in just the same situation

A similar scenario can exist in Barclays Premier League football, where match day tickets and hotel and travel bookings made, only for the game to be moved to accommodate live televising

It is a gamble when booking in advance in these areas, and it's perhaps worth checking the nearest Premier Inn, for example, which can be cancelled up to the day in question

I had the violin out too mate !! Hillarious post

Oh, I think you'll find tongue was firmly planted in cheek..... ;)

Yea about one post

At least there won't be any empty stadium, there'll be one there :D

Only if you are paying full price. If like us, you take the saver offer, which keeps cost down. I have never experienced in a lot of years as a supporter, known, or remember, a speedway meeting give way to a local football match. A rain off I can deal with, cannot be helped, but to move a meeting back one night with less than two weeks notice, especially when the football fixtures have been published before this, beggars belief. It is disappointing for us as it is the start of our holiday, we thought it would be a great start seeing KLS away from home. We do not want to come to Coventry now as the purpose of our visit was for the speedway. I will see if P I will take pity on us and allow us to move to another lodge. here's hoping !!!

We were also going to meet up with Gemini whom I have got to know through this forum and who also was travelling back from holiday for this meeting, so that is another disappointment !!!

Edited by whippy
  • Like 1

If the crowd is going to be that small I shall expect a personal introduction to each and every one of them by Mr Horton :P:D:drink::cheers:

• Like 1

I'm not looking for sympathy but, accept it or not, every part of my post was true, other than the possibility of the stars of the RSC undertaking a crappy TV show. Of course we didn't book a cottage simply for speedway but that was the reason for our initial decision to have a weekend break in Warwickshire and fortunately we were then able to get tickets for the RSC too. Our choice was to then lay out a bit on a luxury break but had it not been for the speedway we wouldn't have gone there.

There is some irony as the family group we were taking were married in Brandon a few years ago and, as the Bees were at home on the Friday, we booked an extra night in Brandon Hall as it was a special time. Even later in the day the speedway was postponed as the final Grand Prix of the season was delayed by a week. Something in the air maybe, apart from the usual halitosis stench on the terraces there.

I would have no qualms with a genuine rain off having been blown out of 4 overseas meetings in 3 different continents as a result of the wrong weather, which cost rather more than a thatched cottage.

The background to this is so very different though. It is not a rain off or a match switched for TV purposes so to compare with them insults your logic more than my choice to book a classier place to stay. I clearly am not the only one who finds it condescending to be told that the switch is to allow a handful of fans to see both fixtures but by changing days the speedway fans are being presented with an inferior, credibility questioning alternative by virtue of the the home team using three riders from others to fulfill the change of date when by keeping to the original they would field a 100% their team. Far more will be giving the rearranged fixture a wide berth than would go on the Friday. Unbelievable.

I don't want sympathy but have it for those with an interest in this fixture who must either miss out or watch a p**s take of a meeting with riders missing who would have made the original date. Getting a refund for a motel booking is so very irrelevant, when we are talking about wasted leave etc. Clearly Messrs. Horton and. Watson have proved that they need to use both hands to find their arses to take such a decision. I will enjoy football and ale instead. Sadly others have had a wasted day.

• Like 1

Has anybody given Horton a breath test and think he must have been on the funny juice!

Just when we thought moving this fixture was mad and would weaken us, he goes and weakens us much further by replacing a heat leader like MJJ with a poor second string like Barker.

Easy 4 points for kings Lynn now.

Has anybody given Horton a breath test and think he must have been on the funny juice!

Just when we thought moving this fixture was mad and would weaken us, he goes and weakens us much further by replacing a heat leader like MJJ with a poor second string like Barker.

Easy 4 points for kings Lynn now.

Give it a rest. Sane people are happy that Jensen has gone. We can't win it anyway as Ford won't permit it, so just enjoy some meetings that feature riders that want to be here.

Only if you are paying full price. If like us, you take the saver offer, which keeps cost down. I have never experienced in a lot of years as a supporter, known, or remember, a speedway meeting give way to a local football match. A rain off I can deal with, cannot be helped, but to move a meeting back one night with less than two weeks notice, especially when the football fixtures have been published before this, beggars belief. It is disappointing for us as it is the start of our holiday, we thought it would be a great start seeing KLS away from home. We do not want to come to Coventry now as the purpose of our visit was for the speedway. I will see if P I will take pity on us and allow us to move to another lodge. here's hoping !!!

We were also going to meet up with Gemini whom I have got to know through this forum and who also was travelling back from holiday for this meeting, so that is another disappointment !!!

to be fair on this, yes it was publish, but up until 2 weeks ago it would have been "Home away" at northampton were around 1500 would turn up. Now its the first time CCFC have played in coventry for over a year and are expecting a very large crowd 20 000 not that id be going but worth mentioning it in context!

to be fair on this, yes it was publish, but up until 2 weeks ago it would have been "Home away" at northampton were around 1500 would turn up. Now its the first time CCFC have played in coventry for over a year and are expecting a very large crowd 20 000 not that id be going but worth mentioning it in context!

Also the date of the Footy was changed only a week ago when the move back to Coventry was announced, was due to be on the Saturday. Blame Sky!

Edited by woz01