British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

If the crowd is going to be that small I shall expect a personal introduction to each and every one of them by Mr Horton :P:D:drink::cheers:

he won't be there !!! he will be at the football match !!!

he won't be there !!! he will be at the football match !!!

Not on the Thursday surely. Or do you have to queue for 24 hours to get into the kick a bag of wind games nowadays.

• Like 1

Not on the Thursday surely. Or do you have to queue for 24 hours to get into the kick a bag of wind games nowadays.

Looking at the queues it takes 24 hours to get tickets!

Yes seen the queues in the paper, half way around the car park!

I've been clicking refresh on the website for two hours, don't get this problem in speedway!

• Like 1

woz01, on 29 Aug 2014 - 1:57 PM, said:

I've been clicking refresh on the website for two hours, don't get this problem in speedway!

Hope you got your footy ticket sorted ..Can I just ask a question please . Who paid the Sky Blues players wages when they played at Northampton ? The gates of 1200 wouldn't even pay the rent ..Who paid the staff ?

Hope you got your footy ticket sorted ..Can I just ask a question please . Who paid the Sky Blues players wages when they played at Northampton ? The gates of 1200 wouldn't even pay the rent ..Who paid the staff ?

Yep finally got some at 6.45 after queuing 3 hours, I've not managed to get the night off work yet! Sisus 'investors' are supposedly funding the club although of course they just place the debt onto the club. The club last year reportedly owed Sisu 60m! This is why they wanted to bankrupt the Ricoh by withholding rent, the arena is a potential goldmine especially the land around it. Thankfully the court seen through that!

• Like 1

No problem with the Barker signing but the decision to move the Kings Lynn match to Thursday is just a total joke. No Howarth, Garrity and Hansen? then no £17 from me Mr Horton. Move it back to Friday.

• Like 1

No problem with the Barker signing but the decision to move the Kings Lynn match to Thursday is just a total joke. No Howarth, Garrity and Hansen? then no £17 from me Mr Horton. Move it back to Friday.

Neil Watson has hinted on FB, price reductions or offer may happen.

Just to the people that think that less than 20,000 fans would attend the game, they sold 12,500 in the first day alone despite slow internet access. Expect it to be over 20,000 by Monday Morning.

Edited by woz01

How many Coventry speedway supporters will be at this football match ? How about a vote. Speedway or Football.

Edited by whippy

How many Coventry speedway supporters will be at this football match ? How about a vote. Speedway or Football.

On a speedway site very fair! Several on here have already said they would be at the football.

On a speedway site very fair! Several on here have already said they would be at the football.

Get your point but more have said they can no longer attend the thur meeting so can't see any bigger crowd on the thur

Get your point but more have said they can no longer attend the thur meeting so can't see any bigger crowd on the thur

I think there would've been a bigger crowd on Thursday but the situation with guests will put people off. I'm hoping a few conversations are going on to try and get riders to be at Brandon.

Latest update from the club that all released tickets have now sold out. despite only going on sale 3 days ago. They hope to release more if they can satisfy segregation issues. Looks like a 30,000 plus crowd for a Division One game, a huge change from the 2,000 crowds at Northampton.

Edited by houdi

Can't believe there not running head to head v the football match with 30,0000 fans on the same night that is also live on tv :rofl::rofl: . Was going to go the Thursday but now the great Kenneth Hansen is missing i might give it a miss plus i don't paid intill the Friday :wink: