British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

It looks like Swindon and Eastbourne may also end up having to ride with 1 reserve at the moment due to no draft riders being available. (Brendan Johnson has let Swindon down this morning) Lets hope if they have to ask to have a rider added to the draft and get Morris permission, then the opposing team are a better sport than King's Lynn were (although we all know how that ended :) )

Not a question of being a 'better sport' though is it? Rules are rules, you would have anarchy without them.

The fault for Thursday night lies with Horton and/or the MC.

• Like 1

Not a question of being a 'better sport' though is it? Rules are rules, you would have anarchy without them.

Precedent had already been set when Luke Chessall guested. Either every club can do it or none. There really does need to be a back up plan when this happens in future though.

• Like 3

Precedent had already been set when Luke Chessall guested. Either every club can do it or none. There really does need to be a back up plan when this happens in future though.

Who did Luke Chessell guest for and when?

But that's just it the rules are not always applied either consistently or fairly.

If as Horton says they tried all the draft and everyone said no what was he supposed to do, yet another idea that wasn't thought through properly.

Lynn don't come out with much credit either way, and got exactly what they deserved.

• Like 4

If as Horton says they tried all the draft and everyone said no what was he supposed to do, yet another idea that wasn't thought through properly.

He didnt contact everyone. Chris Widman and Brendan Johnson were not asked. The club are also claiming it's been allowed for Luke Chessell to guest for a draft rider but thats not true either.

It might be a stupid rule but say that. Don't lie, twice - at least!

Edited by SCB

But that's just it the rules are not always applied either consistently or fairly.

Lynn don't come out with much credit either way, and got exactly what they deserved.

There is no doubt that the protest fired Coventry up a treat which meant they won the meeting but the bottom line is that an illegal rider was lined up to appear. You are right that rules aren't applied consistently but that's no reason to ignore them on this occasion. It seems that every FTR may not have been contacted by MH after all which smacks of amateurism.

There is no doubt that the protest fired Coventry up a treat which meant they won the meeting but the bottom line is that an illegal rider was lined up to appear. You are right that rules aren't applied consistently but that's no reason to ignore them on this occasion. It seems that every FTR may not have been contacted by MH after all which smacks of amateurism.

Which is exactly why I said "If Horton says they tried all the draft"

If he didnt then fair enough but I can only go on what he says.

The point made is a genuine one, what's plan b if no draft rider is available or willing to ride.

• Like 1

Please explain to me why you think Lynn came out with no credit. You appear to be saying, because we complained we are wrong. Whereas, Horton for his inefficiency, did no wrong what's so ever.

The rules have recently changed saying, complaints can now only be placed prior to the meeting. The old precedent, of continuing with the rider, that had been exploited by Poole now don't exist...

The result of the meeting was irrelevant, to the above problem, And I am pleased to say, was correctly sorted before the match....

It not about credit, Its about RIGHT and WRONG....

It looks like Swindon and Eastbourne may also end up having to ride with 1 reserve at the moment due to no draft riders being available. (Brendan Johnson has let Swindon down this morning) Lets hope if they have to ask to have a rider added to the draft and get Morris permission, then the opposing team are a better sport than King's Lynn were (although we all know how that ended :) )

Probably If I had been treated like Brendon Johnson, I too would be more particular about my services. After all FTR were suppose to be protected.

They say what goes around comes around............

The rules have recently changed saying, complaints can now only be placed prior to the meeting. The old precedent, of continuing with the rider, that had been exploited by Poole now don't exist...

What makes you say that? I'm not sure it's true.

What makes you say that? I'm not sure it's true.

As I was informed, as from the start 2014, Complaints will only be entertained before a meeting. and decisions will be made. The old idea of running with an illegal rider, and only deducting his points, has now been condemned as an unfair practice .

As I was informed, as from the start 2014, Complaints will only be entertained before a meeting. and decisions will be made. The old idea of running with an illegal rider, and only deducting his points, has now been condemned as an unfair practice .

You were informed incorrectly. Theres a few mentions of riding under protest at riding orders etc etc in the rule book. Really, Luke Priest should have rode and then had his points removed.

All this comes back to what some of us on here have been saying ever since Horton came and we got slated for "that you can't take the man at his word" but hey ho there you go...!!!! Thought we'd have all got it by now. All the speculation is never going to bring the truth out. He is what he is. He's put a good team together for the first time so we should just enjoy it. We're not going to find out what really went on. We may only have two more seasons after all because it's all gone quiet on that front.

We couldn't pick something up even if it was dropped on the floor.........

Are you the same GRW123 who was having a go at other Stars fans earlier in the season for playing down the fact that we were doing so well ? Good point at eastie. Get behind the team !!!! If we don't, nobody else will.

• Like 2

Are you the same GRW123 who was having a go at other Stars fans earlier in the season for playing down the fact that we were doing so well ? Good point at eastie. Get behind the team !!!! If we don't, nobody else will.

Yes, that was me. mate.. Speak what I feel....... I agree, and like you say, we have to get behind your team. I have followed the Stars more years than I care to remember. Mostly at home and away when possible. The comment I made about picking something up from the floor was made following our trip to Coventry, where the team, didn't so much lose but just rolled over. There was no fight at all. That annoyed me. Our team top of the league, being overrun by a team made up of PL riders. I don't mind losing but it's the lack of effort that gets to me....

But Yes, we have too get behind the team, and the point we got at Eastbourne was Massive......

• Like 1