British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DragonsDen

Rye House V Berwick Sunday 24th August

Don't think qualification is the problem, it's what happens in the play offs you need to worry about

Agreed,the team will be looking forward to another visit to "the Dale",as will the fans.

Rye House scraped into the 2007 play offs thanks to Birmingham not completing their fixtures before the cut off date. Thankfully Sheffield knocked out table toppers Kings Lynn (the Edinburgh of the day) and faced us in the final, where they were duly put to the sword. You never know....

Absolutely you never know, and Berwick have won away from home this season, but Edinburgh and Somerset are so strong round their own tracks, and in Edinburgh`s case able to nick something at Berwick that we are going to be up against it.

To be honest its just nice to be competing this late in a season, over the last few seasons our PL position hasn't been great and our season has normally been all but over long before now. I have now expectations of winning the Play-Offs.

Now or No that is the question.We have exceeded expectations this season though.

One thing about yesterday's meeting is that it was far more entertaining than Saturdays. 11 passes after the first couple of bends as opposed to one at Berwick.

One thing about yesterday's meeting is that it was far more entertaining than Saturdays. 11 passes after the first couple of bends as opposed to one at Berwick.

Eleven passes, still nothing compared to a Friday night at Armadale.

Yeah, at one stage on Friday I almost woke up

at least 30 by the end of lap one at the holy grail of speedway
  • Like 1

As a native the result and performance was fine, was good to see one of my favourite riders Kevin Doolan have a decent meeting today, twice ending up on his bum he rattled up a good few points and should have had a couple more in the last race but for bad luck. Shame the geezer with the megaphone on the first bend could only hurl abuse at Silver from a distance yet probably was too frightened of an Octogenerian to say it to his face but then no surprises there i spose

i was sitting amongst the Berwick fans yesterday, I would hardly call it abuse. It was more like friendly banter, like we used to get between rival fans back in the good old days. In fact their version of 'high ho silver lining' was better than jeff beck's original!
  • Like 2

As a native the result and performance was fine, was good to see one of my favourite riders Kevin Doolan have a decent meeting today, twice ending up on his bum he rattled up a good few points and should have had a couple more in the last race but for bad luck. Shame the geezer with the megaphone on the first bend could only hurl abuse at Silver from a distance yet probably was too frightened of an Octogenerian to say it to his face but then no surprises there i spose

just harmless banter which gave people around a laugh. good win with some great racing, bandit fans clapped the rockets on the parade truck always nice to see

• Like 1

Nice to actually enjoy a night at Rye this season. Good racing, a good win, Boxall and Kennet doing the business, Bunny won a heat and young Ollie scrapped for every point.

I even enjoyed the Berwick fans banter and the yellow kilts. At this rate I might even go back.....

• Like 1

just letting the rye fans know that the double header with rye and scunny will be priced at 21 pounds entry fee. certainly to be free programmes as well. not a bad price to see 30 heats of speedway .. see official workington site for more details..

just letting the rye fans know that the double header with rye and scunny will be priced at 21 pounds entry fee. certainly to be free programmes as well. not a bad price to see 30 heats of speedway .. see official workington site for more details..

Would love to go, but no leave available at work & I've used my "bad back" excuse twice already recently. They won't buy it a third time.

I think we have seen the downside of the strength in depth team.

When they have to use Rider Replacement or if a rider/ riders having an off night this is what can happen.

What was it two races wins, never going to do anything with so few race wins.

Downside of the team with strength and depth!!

Berwick are more than likely going to hit a points total that would have seen them finish top of the league the last 2 seasons. The evening before R/R collected paid 19 across 2 meetings, if that is the downside I think I will take that. :lol:

But 0 from 4 on the Friday and 3 from 4 on the Sunday.

Berwick have had Number 1’s who have turned in scores like that at Rye and Edinburgh :lol: . You could make most teams look crap if you judged their season based on performances at the one or two tracks, the league table across a season tends to tell a better story.

Edited by sparkafag