British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spencebel

Panthers V Berwick 26/08/2014 @ 7pm

Screm You have to be realistic too. I think this is or was 5 meetings in some 6 days for Berwick, man and machine. Some riders will struggle to keep machinery in top condition in those circumstances. Kus seems to tail off later in meetings and failed to score late on as he often seems to do. TBH I think 6 rides would be enough. Some you win mate!

The riders had all day Monday, and most of Tuesday to prepare themselves for the Peterborough meeting, your argument probably just about stands up for the long haul from Berwick to Rye House, though it didn't seem to affect the Rye House riders. Surely as professional sportsman, its not much to ask for the riders to be fully prepared for every meeting, I realise there is a lot of work but its all part of the job of a speedway rider.

I thought we would've been good enough to bring back a point or two from the two meetings at Rye House and especially Peterborough, I was badly wrong.

shadders we've read it takes a average crowd of 700 to break even , take into account last nite the 40/50 who stand on 1st bend and all the way round to pits how many brave souls were round backstraight 15 ??? there was about 30 standing in the back of the stand so that leaves around 600 who need to be seated, bearing in mind the stand has 2200 seats so how far would you say they out from sustainable ,

we've had some real good meetings/racing this season , but there's quite a few who haven't given the premier a chance , crazy stuff :mad:

It must be disappointing that with the standard of racing and a superb track that they struggle for crowds.shows the state of the sport in UK these days.Would a change of race day make abig difference?

It must be disappointing that with the standard of racing and a superb track that they struggle for crowds.shows the state of the sport in UK these days.Would a change of race day make abig difference?

I suspect some EL snobbery is involved, but mostly it's money, except many are too proud to say they can't afford it and hide behind "wrong race night" and other excuses.

If you can't attract people to a superb race track like that then the sport really is down the toilet

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

I suspect some EL snobbery is involved, but mostly it's money, except many are too proud to say they can't afford it and hide behind "wrong race night" and other excuses.

If you can't attract people to a superb race track like that then the sport really is down the toilet

TBH I doubt many miss because it's PL, a fair bit is down to the Tuesday race night and I dare say a weaker team now doesn't help.

Panthers fans were used to some regular success but nothing now for the best part of a decade has also played its part.

Cost is undoubtably another, speedway is a £10 sport not a £15 to £17 one.

If the racing was generally good, reasonably priced and we had a clear set of rules that were adhered too and fairly administered I think a lot more people would attend.

At the end of the day people want entertainment on the track not meetings ruined by poor track prep, poor teams or crap refereeing.

• Like 4

The riders had all day Monday, and most of Tuesday to prepare themselves for the Peterborough meeting, your argument probably just about stands up for the long haul from Berwick to Rye House, though it didn't seem to affect the Rye House riders. Surely as professional sportsman, its not much to ask for the riders to be fully prepared for every meeting, I realise there is a lot of work but its all part of the job of a speedway rider.

I thought we would've been good enough to bring back a point or two from the two meetings at Rye House and especially Peterborough, I was badly wrong.

To be fair the rye house riders did just have the 1 meeting on Saturday and not all of their team could be bothered to travel to Berwick either, i do agree though i had hopes of a point or 2 from these meetings, it shows how far we have come this season when we are disappointed at getting nothing at tracks like rye & p'boro which historically have been difficult away meetings.

• Like 1

If Lasse did look to move up full time to the elite this is one of the big pitfalls of being a PL club along comes an elite club and its bye bye and even worse it might be Poole who reap the benefits.

Really enjoyed the banter with the Bandits fans who were very vocal, & good company. As we are unlikely to make the play offs, I will be hoping the Bandits go all the way.

• Like 4