British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Play Offs 2014 (info On First Page)

So you are blaming Eurosport for not staying with the meeting? They waited for almost an hour but eventually had to stop since no one knew

for how long the delay would last. Had the meeting resumed before 21.30 local time ESP would have stayed with it until the end.

However the delayed could have lasted for hours so they can't wait "Indefinitely" for something that that might even be called off.

No.. not blaming Eurosport entirely, but they are a bit amateurish. Any other broadcaster worth its salt, they would surely repeat the match and have made sure that the remaining heats were included.

Had for example, SKY left a match hanging in the balance like this - whether or not people had paid via subscription (as I do) or piggy-backing, like a lot of so-called fans, for free off the internet - they would have been slaughtered.

I have heard the groans etc in the past, just when SKY have finished before the rostrum places were paraded at a GP.. or speedway has overrun, and SKY, not their fault, have had to switch the remainder to another channel because something that is scheduled begins.

Least with SKY and all its many hours its given the sport, they do repeat speedway a lot... even editing on the many many occasion that speedway overruns and lasts longer than the kids' six-weeks' holidays.

Eurosport have always been a bit hap-hazard in its speedway coverage. Even a few weeks ago, and it may not have been their fault initially, they lost contact at a Swedish Match through a technical fault but never repeated it, with missing heats included, at a later date.

SKY would have done.

Edited by moxey63

Lejonen should have one foot in the elite league door after winning their home leg of the final over Masarna 53- 37. but will they want it after going skint the last time in the big league ? attendance was1406

Though I'm glad that EUROSPORT shows us live Swedish league racing, I must say that I find these Swedish Elite Series meetings on tv quite boring to watch with all the delays and nothing going on between the heats. Nearly as boring as watching Snooker.

Yet the racing is quite good, they should just speed up the proceedigns and avoid the long breaks and delays with nothing going on. SKY SPORTS are doing a much better job with their Elite League coverage.

Though I'm glad that EUROSPORT shows us live Swedish league racing, I must say that I find these Swedish Elite Series meetings on tv quite boring to watch with all the delays and nothing going on between the heats. Nearly as boring as watching Snooker.

Yet the racing is quite good, they should just speed up the proceedigns and avoid the long breaks and delays with nothing going on. SKY SPORTS are doing a much better job with their Elite League coverage.

The Eurosport coverage is taken from C More and they aren't showing the in between bits you get in Sweden on the C More coverage which does then work in a very similar way to Sky's coverage of the elite league. This makes sense as probably very few on us Brits would understand the Swedish discussions

• Like 1

The Eurosport coverage is taken from C More and they aren't showing the in between bits you get in Sweden on the C More coverage which does

then work in a very similar way to Sky's coverage of the elite league. This makes sense as probably very few on us Brits would understand the Swedish discussions

The ESP coverage goes out over most parts of Europe* so I think the French or the Italians would understand even less. ;)

Danes and Norwegians probably understand quite much (more then what I understand from the interviews and commentary

on Kanalsport's Danish league broadcasts) but DK and Nor have their own CMore versions which shows Swedish speedway.

However I can agree that there are a bit too many breaks in league speedway in general which is something speedway clubs

and other official organizers have to work on.

*This is also why ESP sometimes have to show it delayed or cut off since there is simply many other things that also have to be squeezed into the schedule.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Live speedway can often be torture. Whether actually at the track or watching at home, today's dash-dash society isn't speedway's best friend. People notice the gaps between races more than ever and attention spans are getting short.

Recorded matches are more appealing, or just record the live match on your SKY+ and fast forward the boring parts.

I do... and I'm usually done within minutes!

Lejonen won Allsvenskan's final and have earned themselves the right to move up to Elitserien for next season.

http://www.speedwaynyheter.se/lejonen/lejonen-klara-for-elitserien/

Västervik will announce on Monday if they will accept the offer on staying in Elitserien for next season.

If they decline, Masarna will be offered that vacant position in Elitserien.

Went to Avesta last night for the Masarna v Lejonen 2nd leg of the final. Lejonens 16 point lead from the first leg was far too much for Masarna to cope with but it was a decent meeting on a nice wide track.

As you would expect Lindbäck, Sundström, Berntzon and the two Poles lead the way but we were impressed by the Masarna reserve Ted Hagansbo. I don't know anything about him but thought he had a nice smooth style and not afraid to make strong moves or defend his position.

We really enjoyed our visit and have another Swedish speedway T-shirt to add to the collection!

Edited by oleoleole
  • Like 2

Thanks for this. The quality of this guys video is stunning. "Super Blue Ray HD enhanced extreme ' :t: Now if we could just get the "missing" 5 heats from the Indianera?Piraterna meeting. All the best. Alan.

Vetlanda look so much stronger than Indianerna-just hope they don`t run away with it-maybe the Indians have the edge at reserve.

Indianerna

1.Fredrik Lindgren

2.Antonio Lindbäck

3.Kenneth Bjerre

4.Jurica Pavlic

5.Piotr Protasiewicz

6.Mikael Max

7.Scott Nicholls

Elit Vetlanda

1.Tai Woffinden

2.Emil Sayfutdinov

3.Jaroslaw Hampel (K)

4.Bartosz Zmarzlik

5.Tomas H Jonasson

6.David Ruud

7.Jacob Thorssell

If Indianerna are to make a fight of the play-off final then they must take advantage of their stronger reserves. Just four consecutive 4-2 in these four heats over the two legs will gain them a 8 point advantage. I feel that this is pivotal if Indianerna have a chance of winning the title.

Elit Vet;anda top 5 looks so strong.

I'm just hoping for two entertaining matches, regardless of the overall result.

If Indianerna are to make a fight of the play-off final then they must take advantage of their stronger reserves. Just four consecutive 4-2 in these four heats over the two legs will gain them a 8 point advantage. I feel that this is pivotal if Indianerna have a chance of winning the title.

Elit Vet;anda top 5 looks so strong.

I'm just hoping for two entertaining matches, regardless of the overall result.

Indianerna will need 12-14p minimum after the first final.

I think tomorrow's meeting will be very good but not Wednesday's meeting. The Vetlanda track rarely produces good racing.

The Indians have a chance but only until the racing starts :)

Elit with a team like that should dance both legs even with strong reserves for the Indians.

Hopefully I am completely wrong and we get two cracking close matches.

Such a shame that we weren't able to join together whilst watching the two legs. :sad: Such is life sometimes. I recall two tremendous heats in the first leg. Heat 11, the second reserves race, was a cracker and Tai's swoop between the team riding Indianerna pair in heat 15. After that the second leg was always going to be a victory celebration for Elit Vetlander , exactly as it transpired. Thorsell showed he is on his way to the top and Scott Nicholls battled hard for a losing cause.

I want to take this opportunity to say a HUGE "thank you" to our friend Ghostwalker for the tremendous work he puts in to keep us fully informed of all things Swedish. You are a forum treasure. :t: . Ove Fundin, ABBA,, Volvo and Ghostwalker. :drink::drink::drink: . :lol::lol::lol: . All the best. Alan.

• Like 1