British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerish

Sheffield Vs Ipswich Pl 28/08/14

I thought Covatti was going to be a top heatleader?! Now if only someone had predicted he'd be this crap. Maybe if they';d listened to the person who said Proctor was a crap signing they wouldn't have bothered with this one either.

How do some team managers get their jobs?

I thought Covatti was going to be a top heatleader?! Now if only someone had predicted he'd be this crap. Maybe if they';d listened to the person who said Proctor was a crap signing they wouldn't have bothered with this one either.

Don't think it's down to the team manager!

Don't think any Witches team in history has ridden well at Owlerton .........................

I do recall in the Witches first year in the top division of the old British League that they were expected to struggle - 1972 (or was it 1973?).

Early in the season they visited Owlerton and beat a very strong Sheffield team with a 40-38 victory that saw them taken more seriuosly after that.

Many won't remember that though - you need a very long memory!

Edited by Travertine

spoken like a true smug!! lol

A true smug - that'll do for me!

Riding order should be who the management want to be at reserve Heeps or Hawkins for October. Putting a stronger rider at 5 means less chance for Heeps to beat his team mate. Hence keeping his Ave down.

Riders don't become "Crap" over night. Sheffield always have a team of racers not gaters.

Nico is another racer, and last night was seen to be trying that many lines to pass the Ippo riders. We just were not making gates.

I feel the track is not helping our riders, look what Tay can do when there is grip on the outside.

I know we had Stocks last weekend and weather has not been consistent so watering can not be done as they would like.

But and it's a big but, if we don't get quality racing the fans will stay away.

I can cope with loosing but poor racing never.

Give the riders a "Race" track please!!!!!!

Riders don't become "Crap" over night. Sheffield always have a team of racers not gaters.

He's not got crap over night. He's never been very good. Thats how it was possible to work out he was a poor signing. You didn't need a crystal ball, just the benefit of having seen him ride a few times.

The fans get mocked by managers and promoters for being keyboard warriors and armchair experts but they conveniently forget that most of them mess up time and time again.

I do recall in the Witches first year in the top division of the old British League that they were expected to struggle - 1972 (or was it 1973?).

Early in the season they visited Owlerton and beat a very strong Sheffield team with a 40-38 victory that saw them taken more seriuosly after that.

Many won't remember that though - you need a very long memory!

I can remember that first year in BL1, but not many specific results. That must have been the days of Bob Valentine, Arnold Haley and Doug Wyer ... ?

The track was slicker than usual but it didn't stop Ipswich nor did it stop Steady. What really killed Sheffield was the lack of points from Compton's rides. As for Covattii being crap SCB, he's no worse than Proctor who was no worse than Roynon. Give him a chance! And your comment re the manager is laughable given the clowns we had last season and the season before.

Is there time to make more team changes before the deadline? I'd make at least 2. BUT I'll still be taking Stan Junior next week. Still glad it's still going. Can't wait for next season!

Edited by Stan Duppcomic
  • Like 4

Obviously there last night, he never stopped trying and entertained in all his rides but his first one.

thank god hes not good and he just gates and goes, rather have the entertainment thanks

• Like 2

I've not been for weeks, voted with my feet....fed up of paying good money to watch crap!

I've not been for weeks, voted with my feet....fed up of paying good money to watch crap!

I understand how you feel. The touble is you missed Steady going for double points on the last bend. I'm still smiling.

Does anyone know if GRT Media are still filming meetings as their website hasn't been updated with any meetings since April. I have tried phoning and emailing but got no replies.

It's okay just checked website again and now it has been updated!

Edited by Bash

The track was slicker than usual but it didn't stop Ipswich nor did it stop Steady. What really killed Sheffield was the lack of points from Compton's rides. As for Covattii being crap SCB, he's no worse than Proctor who was no worse than Roynon. Give him a chance! And your comment re the manager is laughable given the clowns we had last season and the season before.

Is there time to make more team changes before the deadline? I'd make at least 2. BUT I'll still be taking Stan Junior next week. Still glad it's still going. Can't wait for next season!

I think you are right the team suffered from points not scored in Comptons absence ,will he be back this season or at all after that serious spill I wonder , I hope so but would fully understand if he called it a day for good this time.