British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
arnieg

2015 Gp Wild Cards

THINK Hampel needs to put in a strong performance tonight or in Torun. Deserves a wild card on his record but not if the Hampel we have seen in the second half of the year is the one who will ride in 2015. That would be a waste in my opinion and I am a big fan of the guy.

He certainly did that, that must be the first 21 point maximum for a couple of years.

He surely should make the top 8 now with the last GP in Torun, certainly don't begrudge him his win yesterday he has had a torrid time in the GP,s recently.

Amazing run last night from Hapel. All from the gate basically, but it doesnt matter - they were all wins - its up to others to make a race of it.

Makes the scrap for the top 8 more interesting now the for the top 3.

IF Hampel, and one or both of Jonsson and Lindgren finish in the top eight it will allow BSI/FIM more wiggle room in their wild card selections. Tomas H Jonassson didn't exactly enhance his prospects either in Lonigo or Stockholm.

If Batchelor gets back into the top eight would probably rule Ward out for a wild card whether he is banned or not.

Right now the only sure fire bet is Iversen. So much can still happen in Torun where almost every race will have something literally riding on it.

Amazing run last night from Hapel. All from the gate basically, but it doesnt matter - they were all wins - its up to others to make a race of it.

Makes the scrap for the top 8 more interesting now the for the top 3.

HAMPEL may not be the most exciting rider to watch but he is a really, really nice guy who has been through the ringer off the track recently. Kaspzrak paid a lovely and touching tribute to his Polish colleague at the post GP press conference and Hampel admitted that in recent weeks he has found out who his true friends are. Apparently some sections of the Polish media have been less than kind...

Edited by PHILIPRISING

My four wild cards would be...

Iversen

Ward

Sayfutinov

Kildemand

A World Championship needs the BEST in the world!

• Like 3

With the race so close for 8th I'm thinking that the 2 uninjured riders who miss out will possibly get picks alongside NKI.

As it stands that would be AJ and Batch. The 4th spot will then go to a Dane and I would plump for Kildemand over MJJ.

Obviously, the great unknown is what will be done about Ward.

IF Hampel, and one or both of Jonsson and Lindgren finish in the top eight it will allow BSI/FIM more wiggle room in their wild card selections. Tomas H Jonassson didn't exactly enhance his prospects either in Lonigo or Stockholm.

If Batchelor gets back into the top eight would probably rule Ward out for a wild card whether he is banned or not.

Right now the only sure fire bet is Iversen. So much can still happen in Torun where almost every race will have something literally riding on it.

HAMPEL may not be the most exciting rider to watch but he is a really, really nice guy who has been through the ringer off the track recently. Kaspzrak paid a lovely and touching tribute to his Polish colleague at the post GP press conference and Hampel admitted that in recent weeks he has found out who his true friends are. Apparently some sections of the Polish media have been less than kind...

They say a weeks a long time in politics, September 13 you posted Tomas H Jonasson was 'almost certain' of a wildcard pick. Edited by New Science

YOU are right New Science but the injury to Iversen and the suspension of Ward have dramatically changed the landscape and thrown a lifeline to Jonsson and Lindgren in particular.

Surely it will be PUK + 3 others....Who, depends on who finishes where next week..I know that's stating the bleeding obvious.

Edited by Marcelle

Bomber is a current GP rider though and that is probably more to the point

apparently if Zagar pulls out now he will most likely suffer a 3 day ban which will rule him out of a big match in Poland

Bomber GP rider :rofl:

haha love it :rofl:

sometimes you literally dont need to say a word and people will just hang themselves :t:

-

Edited by f-s-p

Surely it will be PUK + 3 others....Who, depends on who finishes where next week..I know that's stating the bleeding obvious.

It is obvious but correct. We've 8 pages of guessing but any rider from 7th to 12th could get into the top 8.

My four wild cards would be...

Iversen

Ward

Sayfutinov

Kildemand

A World Championship needs the BEST in the world!

Swap Ward for Laguta and the world is a better place :)

Edited by RPNYC

I'm hoping Holder,Hampel and AJ get the last 3 spots. Then gives the wild cards to any four of the following 6 and you will have a goos series. The 6 are Iversen, Ward, Emil, Laguta , KIldemand and Jesper Jensen. The riders who dont make it should be seeded direct to next year qualiferys straight away if they wish.

This would leave Batchelor, Lindgren , Bjerre and Smolinksi out of the GP for 2015, give them a chance to get back in direct in the qualifyers

• Like 1

It could be the case of doing what is easy for BSI which is to select the 9th,10th, 11th finishing riders. That should tick sufficient boxes based on nationalities.

I'm hoping Holder,Hampel and AJ get the last 3 spots. Then gives the wild cards to any four of the following 6 and you will have a goos series. The 6 are Iversen, Ward, Emil, Laguta , KIldemand and Jesper Jensen. The riders who dont make it should be seeded direct to next year qualiferys straight away if they wish.

This would leave Batchelor, Lindgren , Bjerre and Smolinksi out of the GP for 2015, give them a chance to get back in direct in the qualifyers

With 2 GP's in Sweden next year there will be 2 Swedes in the series.