British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Lakeside V Poole (part 2) Friday 5th September.

Can someone please explain to me how Newman took 6 rides yall reserve rides ?? I went to cov last night and watched 3 riders rides 3 times surely this should of happend twice tonight ??

Because Benji Compton was "injured " when he slid off on his own while last in his first race. It will be interesting to see if he rides on Monday.

Edited by Daytripper

Because Benji Compton was "injured " when he slid off on his own while last in his first race. It will be interesting to see if he rides on Monday.

broken his finger

Are we talking about cheating? I didn't say it was cheating! According to the updates site, Janowski clashed with Kildemand - so it is the same situation as far as I can see! In one situation, the ref rightly excluded the rider who clashed with the other and in the other situation the referee thought it was ok - inconsistent refereeing rather than cheating I'd say!

Not inconsistent ,refereeing at all. Magic was not excluded for, colliding with Killer he was excluded because he fell off, caused the race to be stopped and was deemed to be primary cause of the stoppage. Kildemand was not under power when the race was stopped so according to the rules he should have gone out.

To put it another way round, if Magic had got up and carried so the race was not stopped Kildemand would still have failed to finish so why should he get a second bite of the cherry just to because magic decided to stay down ? That's the reason for the rule. It's not an difficult concept to grasp. The only puzzle is how Paul Carrington for once in his life managed to get as through to heat 15 before he messed something up. He usually does that around heat 1.

Were you watching this because the contact happened on the straight.

Were you watching because the chain came off when Kildemand locked up coming of the bend.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Agent Watt in ht13.

Walked past the pits between heats 14 & 15. Everyone was talking to each other, except for Watt who had nobody within 6 feet of him.

FFS Poole please take him back.

Seems I was spot on with what I said in my last posting before this one! :)

Ah ha. Knew someone would come up with someone. So at Wolves a Poole ride rode into a Wolves rider, took his chain off and the referee did nothing. How was tonight any different? :D

It wasnt but you said a rider couldnt stay on he would be on the floor if the chain broke, I didnt say the decision to let the result stand was wrong.

Poole got away with it a bit there sneaking a point due mainly to Newman taking Comptons rides. Can only see Coventry for the league now

Well you spend the whole time and every post having a dig at us, theres always a twist to your post. I have no need to appologies. If you spend a little more time being less predictable then you may well get a more favourable response from the Poole fans.That said, untill the play off picture becomes crystal clear, we won't know who Matt can or cannot use.

why in your strange world is anybody pointing out facts having a dig? Brum was merely pointing out that Poole will be weaker without Ward and there are not really any guests up to the task. Even your own fans can see that and have actually put forward intellectual debates and postings. Unfortunatly you have this desire to have a moan at the same people all the time for merely saying what all Poole fans are saying. Please try and add something sensible to the debate
  • Like 1

Surprised nobody has mentioned Agent Watt in ht13.

Walked past the pits between heats 14 & 15. Everyone was talking to each other, except for Watt who had nobody within 6 feet of him.

FFS Poole please take him back.

Davey trapped his injured foot under his footrest in his third ride . He tried his fourth ride but hence his last place. That is why he couldn't ride in heat 15.

But you will get your wish. Davy won't be back in 2015, nor probably will be another Lakeside rider who spent almost the whole evening on his own with Matt Ford.

But you will get your wish. Davy won't be back in 2015, nor probably will be another Lakeside rider who spent almost the whole evening on his own with Matt Ford.

I love these cryptic posts

I love these cryptic posts

No doubt he is on about Bridger who will sign for Poole and say its the move he needs to re-ignite his career. Then during the season he will score badly, blame it on other people and threaten to quit. AGAIN.

• Like 1

I stick by what I said earlier - Poole were robbed!

I'm not really interested in t!t-for-tat he got what he deserved rubbish - the fact is if a rider is taken out of a race from external contact by no fault of his own (whether it's by a team mate or not), the rider who clatters into him should be excluded.

Let's look at it another way - a rider goes past another and somehow manages to pull the other riders cut-out from the bike and their bike rightly stops - do you think that's acceptable? If you do then that is another reason why speedway is a joke!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

Poole got away with it a bit there sneaking a point due mainly to Newman taking Comptons rides. Can only see Coventry for the league now

why in your strange world is anybody pointing out facts having a dig? Brum was merely pointing out that Poole will be weaker without Ward and there are not really any guests up to the task. Even your own fans can see that and have actually put forward intellectual debates and postings. Unfortunatly you have this desire to have a moan at the same people all the time for merely saying what all Poole fans are saying. Please try and add something sensible to the debate

Dont think it made much difference we had 3 riders in heat 9 so. only ganed a couple.

From what I have seen of Lewis around Poole that track would suit him a treat, don't get me wrong Arena can be a good little race track but most of the time it does not really suit a rider like Lewis who needs just a tad more grip than most riders are comfortable with on those tight bends.

Regardless of your opinion though it is good that the post match debate is centred around the racing which was fast and sometimes more than a little furious rather than guest riders or rain.

Ok maybe a little controversy with the referee calls but in an fortunate it almost added to the drama.

That match wont be forgotten in a hurry.

Ps nice to see Davey leave his alto ego at home tonight, that was absolute classic Davey Watt in action, the sort that would be a good guest for the Pirates in future weeks

No doubt he is on about Bridger who will sign for Poole and say its the move he needs to re-ignite his career. Then during the season he will score badly, blame it on other people and threaten to quit. AGAIN.

Thought bridger rode very well as he did at poole on wednesday but I dont see why just because of a natter with matt ford makes him nailed on for next year!

Davy watt rode well too until heat 13 but he wont be at poole either, rather have shamek back.

Edited by foreverblue

Dont think it made much difference we had 3 riders in heat 9 so. only ganed a couple.

Yea in a 45 all draw you only gained a couple of points ..not as thou it effected the score or nowt :rolleyes: