British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markyb

Elite League Draft - 2014 - Success ?

That's a very blinkered view. You have been involved in numerous discussions surrounding the shenanigans and corruption in the EL. Not saying it doesn't go on in other leagues but repeat, I would be apprehensive boarding a sinking ship. Birmingham tried it when desperation came calling after Frost/Sadhugate.

Its a blinkered view to not see its a SPEEDWAY sinking ship. No one league is any more responsible.

Put David Howe in there & that's Stevebrum's GPs sorted for next year! :lol:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :icon_smile_clown:

The PL should be the testing ground for all our young British riders we have far to many overseas riders racing, in it is more like a multi nation league with just a few young Bitish riders, it seems that the promoters are to scared to give the lads a chance and would rather pay the travel cost for overseas riders that only come for a few weeks the disapear in a puff off exhaust smoke.

I say keep the Young British lads in the Elite league I have seen some good racing from them this season, but the way it has been implatmented is very poor.

It should have been riders over 21 at No 6 and the No 7 place to the younger lads. But you still have this same problem with the likes of Newman, Garritty etc who should have been riding at No 2 not at reserve.

After 4 or 5 races this year, it should have been seen that these lads where a class above, and should have been moved up to a No2 place as it has made it hard for the teams who ride against them to have fair advantage.

But most of all I would like to see the PL using more British riders than it does now. You only have to go through the teams to see how many young NL lads are in there and I am not including the riders who ride in the EL doubling up, I know they have to earn a living, But for some of these riders they take it to far.

Its a blinkered view to not see its a SPEEDWAY sinking ship. No one league is any more responsible.

Not according to your last post.

The young Swede at Glasgow seems to have been replaced by r/r without riding a meeting.

Palovara? He's ridden about 6 meetings, badly.

Ok I've been away & obviously missed them then:-)

It would be very easy to miss them. I think he's beat 2 opponents in them 6 meetings - both in 1 race :D But again, they sign crap like that but dumped Joe Jacobs after a reasonable, if not great first season.

Palovara? He's ridden about 6 meetings, badly.

Perhaps his name should be Palava.

IF the PL cared about the future of British Speedway they would do the right thing. If anything they are the most stubborn league to not want to change which probably shows where the issues lie.

Namely?

Edited by Hodgy

Thought it was quite clear. Forget it, let's move on.

Correct, i made my point clear. So no idea why your were questioning it.

Like you say move on.

I don't like the system..there is too much unevenness with the riders ability and teams with strong FTR riders have far too much of an advantage......and I don't even feel the likes of Garrity have even ridden proper Elite League this season....for a quality rider there are too many easy heats and good scores actually mask which riders they have actually beaten to get that score....good scores don't always mean good learning...the better riders are learning much more in the Premier League where they are facing much tougher heats ...to me the fast track system doesn't do much to actually bring on a rider....good riders will progress anyway but the fast track system just allows a false sense of security making some riders appear much better than they actually are and that's no way to progress internationally if that's the real long term aim

• Like 3

Perhaps Garrity, Kerr, Newman, Blackbird, Worrall etc haven't learned much but I'd suggest that Sarjeant, Rose, Clegg, Morley and Greaves most certainly have. And I'd much rather see these types of riders at reserve in the EL than some of the foreign gash who have filled those spots in recent seasons.

The FTR scheme certainly isnt perfect and it needs tweaking but its absolutely been a step in the right direction.

• Like 5