British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Swindon 6 Sept

Eastbourne have now Booked Sarjeant as a guest. too be honest I'm surprised he wasn't booked sooner

I assumed Sarjeant must have been busy when neither team announced him. Surprised Swindon were going with Johnson if Sarjeant was still available

Very odd that Sarjeant wasn't first option - even with his 0 at Leicester last week.

I assumed Sarjeant must have been busy when neither team announced him. Surprised Swindon were going with Johnson if Sarjeant was still available

Only a guess but Lions have a home match on thursday against Kings Lynn in which they will be without Bates ( & Stead ) who are at Sheffield & just wondered if Sarjeant as been booked to ride as guest in that meeting, so meaning he wouldn't be able to take 2 guest bookings on the same track under the 8 day rule. And so perhaps Lions asked first,meaning he had to turn Swindon down.

Very odd that Sarjeant wasn't first option - even with his 0 at Leicester last week.

That was down to mechanical issues on the night not form

Another meeting without Bates and Stead. It is now getting beyond a joke. Thank goodness it will be the last meeting next Thurday for the lads. I just hope that the powers above can sort things out a bit better than they have this year.

You could have sat down in the pub with a matchbox and made a better job than all the promoters put together.

There are enough young lads riding in the NL and riders that are in the MDL that are also riders who have rode in the NL and PL but had to call it a day and stay with the MDL because thay just couldn't affrd to run at a higher level, who would jump at the chance to take a ride in the ftr scheme as long as the money was there to cover thier expence.

What other sport can say that they can make such a cock up of racing four leagues and still can't get it right after all these years

Edited by weatherwatcher

The FTR system is now going wrong. All of them riders on the list and not one of them is available.

Some are available, they obviously just don't want to ride. The draft was badly implemented, but i would expect nothing else from the clowns that run the circus...

• Like 3

Some are available, they obviously just don't want to ride. The draft was badly implemented, but i would expect nothing else from the clowns that run the circus...

You have to ask WHY they don't want to ride.

It's not the fault of the powers that be if riders simply don't fancy it. If it's for a more valid reason then I agree it needs sorting.

Robins have Matt Williamson as the second reserve for this meeting.

Robins have Matt Williamson as the second reserve for this meeting.

You may as well not have a second reserve couldnt stay on past the second bend when he guested for us at leicester
  • Like 1

You have to ask WHY they don't want to ride.

It's not the fault of the powers that be if riders simply don't fancy it. If it's for a more valid reason then I agree it needs sorting.

TBF, would you prep your kits, travel 100 miles, score 2 or 3 points, travel home, wash your kit all for £120?

Tweet just sent states that Simon Stead may not be riding and that they will use r/r. If true this should help the robins if they have r/r for number 5.

Edited by A ORLOV

TBF, would you prep your kits, travel 100 miles, score 2 or 3 points, travel home, wash your kit all for £120?

Don't they get that if they score 0 then £40 per point. It needs to be a bit more than that in future.

Tweet just sent states that Simon Stead may not be riding and that they will use r/r. If true this should help the robins if they have r/r for number 5.

That's an odd one. Sheffield aren't riding tonight! Is he injured? If not, why isn't he riding?

• Like 1