British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Devils V Witches 6-9-14

Well done to the Devils showing that if there was anyone thinking the cup semi was a foregone conclusion they are wrong.

Congratulations to Kyle Newman on his paid max - he certainly is showing a great improvement this year. Good to see.

Hope Ritchie H can get things sorted. Expensive blow up on Thursday with the head of a freshly serviced engine blowing after just one practice

start.

I can never understand how you can have you're engine serviced, and it blows straight away, and there isn't any comebacks to who did it.

Sad for the skipper with his bike problems. Problem is, most riders are loathed to fork out on new machinery at this time of the season, just hope he can rebuild a competitive bike for the remaining meetings. Adam obviously doesn't like tiddly tracks, just hope we can build a good lead on Thursday to make the 2nd leg academic.

Cracking meeting :approve: with the highlights being a no holds barred clash between Franc and Worrall in heat 13 and an equally excellent heat 15.

And some were saying a few days ago that Newman hasn't improved this season :rofl:

• Like 1

Must give a shout out for Matej Kus' performance tonight as guest for The Devils. 13 points on a small & tight track. Now that is pretty unusual for a rider from the Czech Republic. Well done Matej !!

• Like 1

Must give a shout out for Matej Kus' performance tonight as guest for The Devils. 13 points on a small & tight track. Now that is pretty unusual for a rider from the Czech Republic. Well done Matej !!

???

And some were saying a few days ago that Newman hasn't improved this season :rofl:

There is no doubt that he has improved this year. However, he needs to be a team player too. I have been to most home meetings this year and have seen him ride at Poole too and have never seen him look for his team mate.

Was there another match in a parallel universe?

afther the good run of results a bit of a reality check for us.

Adam struggles here and Cam and Richie H didnt cut it either and 5 from r/r maybe Gino would have added a couple.

Well done Plymouth and fingers crossed our boys can be more dialled in for the cup match

Not a bad meeting at all. Some lively racing throughout, with a couple of races that Sky would be crowing about.

Getting a bit tiresome with the number of unsatisfactory starts involving Newman. I think that's his 3rd or 4th warning (here at SBA) from referees. Getting as bad as when Todd Kurtz was here.

Agree with Former Devil about team riding in general from the Devils team. I hope they were watching HT3 last night.It was a perfect example of how to do it. Risager and Worrall side by side for all 4 laps, they never once looking like losing it.

Stood close to us was a guy and his young daughter, supporting Ipswich. Chatting throughout the meeting it was refreshing to see and hear them cheering on BOTH sides for some good speedway. Although disappointed that their favourite rider, Adam Ellis didn't have a good night, they were well pleased with what they saw. Oh and his daughter was so excited when we told her she could run round the track after Ht14. When she got back, it was like Christmas, she was so excited to have been given a lollipop! :t:

Mike on the Mic was once again cringworthy. Making very crude references to a childs t-shirt.Not the least bit funny. Oh and for your info Mike. You clearly stated that anyone is welcome to take photos provided you don't use flash. 100% WRONG. See page 3 of the programme. Under the heading PUBLIC NOTICE.. It CLEARLY states 'Betting and unauthorised photography is strictly prohibited' As a presenter you are responsible for pointing these things out. Also,please welcome the away supporters while doing the introductions on the parade. Week after week you forget and only remember after a couple of races.

Edited to add.....3 times Graham Hambly tried to announce the riders individual scores and 3 times you interrupted him.He provides the fans with important info whereas you just talk jibberish most of the time.

Useful warm up for KO Cup Semi Final. A little more from Franc and Benko should be enough to counter any improvement from Hawkins and Ellis. It really does all come down to how well the Devils ride at Ipswich.

Edited by Penny Cross

Would be nice to see a meeting on Sky from the SBA, seems to be one of the better racetracks around.

Would be nice to see a meeting on Sky from the SBA, seems to be one of the better racetracks around.

Definitely one of the best. There is such a short run to the first corner that the first two bends are most certainly the best.

There was a debate about this very subject on the first bend on Saturday, with there being some question as to whether Sky could get all their equipment in as the entrance is somewhat narrow. I think there's also a problem about whether they could actually run mid week.

If possible, though, a Plymouth-Somerset match would be a very good choice indeed.

I suspect Mr Taylor would very much like to be a TV star :D;)

I guess the poster was referring to the scorers from here http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.27034. Good effort Kus riding at both Berwick and Plymouth.

I was indeed totally misled as mentioned !!

That'll teach me to post without checking accuracy of report details first.